Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Diets Unite!

I am currently on day 3 of my 2 week liquid diet! Everything so far is going well. I really haven't had any hunger (maybe head hunger) because of the Protein Shakes. Those bad boys keep me full for hours. At night is when I struggle, so I've been eatting my Jello and popsicles like mad. Haha! Good luck to everyone! We can do it!

I feel your pain. I was feeling nauseous yesterday and then I developed a bad headache as well. It was so painfull. I really wanted to just eat something! I am still amazed that I was able to hold myself back. What day is your surgery? Mine is on 9/17

I too am on day 3 of the liquid diet. Yesterday was not fun, but today is better. My doctor has me doing 4 oz of Protein drink every hour. How are you doing it?

I guess it's supposed to get my head (and belly) practiced for the post-op diet.

I see you and Jordien are both scheduled for the 20th. Me too. Glad I found you two. Keep up the posting ....

I'm also on day 3! I'm doing a liquid/low cal combo diet for this first week, and then it's strictly Protein shakes next week. So far its been really easy because I spend all day sipping my shakes and looking forward to my chicken breast & veggies at night. I expect next week to be much harder.

What're ya'll drinkin? I've tried a few powders but so far they all seem to leave me with a gurgling upset stomach and (TMI) diarrhea. Anyone else having this problem? I'm thinking maybe it's because I've been mixing my powders with soy milk to cut calories and my body's having a weird reaction. Not a fan! I have lost 4 lbs. already though so I'm definitely a fan of that :)

teh ericka,

I am on the same diet as you. Like you said this week isn't bad, but next week is going to be murder. I'm right with you with a "talking stomach", but liquids in, liquids out. My doctor said I can take some Immodium as needed, which is nice! I am only down 3 lbs, but "yay!" to that!! :) Keep up the good work!

Suzette

I've tried a few powders but so far they all seem to leave me with a gurgling upset stomach and (TMI) diarrhea. Anyone else having this problem? I'm thinking maybe it's because I've been mixing my powders with soy milk to cut calories and my body's having a weird reaction. Not a fan! I have lost 4 lbs. already though so I'm definitely a fan of that :thumbup:

I had horrible upset stomach after my first Protein shake. From what I could find, here were the suggestions:

1.) use Water instead of milk

2.) "work your way up" on the amount you drink

3.) take a digestive enzyme with your shake

I only tried 1 and 2 and things ended up getting _much_ better. Good luck!

I haven't yet been sleeved (9/27/10) but from talking with the program coordinator and his wife who work at the center, and have both been sleeved, they really like the Premium Advantage Protein Shakes. I also haven't tried them, but I'll be heading over to Sam's Club tomorrow to check it out. Also, for the powder Protein shakes that you have to make yourself, they suggest a low carb milk. It's made by Hood and it's called Calorie Countdown.

In my last response, I said that I was going to get the Premium Advantage shakes. Here are my comments:

1. they only come in chocolate, which for me is a bummer.
  2. i hate them
  3. it's not that they taste funny. but they leave me with a weird aftertaste that lasts all day.
  4. it also makes me feel "not satisfied" the rest of the day. one day I didn't drink one at all and managed to survive on 3 meals a day. the next day I had one for Breakfast and felt all day the urge to eat. I tried it two more days with the same results.

I felt the same way you did after the shakes. I switch to high Protein slim fast and those are much thicker and satisfying.

I hope everyone is doing great! I was sleeved 2 days ago and recovering nicely. Everyday I feel a little better. :) I haven't had anything to eat since tuesday. Wednesday was all clear liqids and since surgery it has been ice chips and had one sugar free popsicle. The IV has been my Breakfast, lunch and dinner. :001_smile: The cool part is I don't feel hunger! You would think after only having clear fluids I'd be starved, but nope! :angry: I love my sleeve already! :)

I felt the same way you did after the shakes. I switch to high Protein slim fast and those are much thicker and satisfying.

I hope everyone is doing great! I was sleeved 2 days ago and recovering nicely. Everyday I feel a little better. :) I haven't had anything to eat since tuesday. Wednesday was all clear liqids and since surgery it has been ice chips and had one sugar free popsicle. The IV has been my Breakfast, lunch and dinner. :) The cool part is I don't feel hunger! You would think after only having clear fluids I'd be starved, but nope! :) I love my sleeve already! :)

Congratulations on having your surgery! Hope recovery continues to go well, and that your success is everything you hope it to be. I'm hoping I can report similar good things after my surgery later this year.

Dave