Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

450 pounds, 23 y old, TERRIFIED!

Wonderful. Glad to know procedure went well.

QUOTE=emmalouise;80641]I'm all done everyone! Woohoo! I made it :-) everything went great, no problems in surgery. My doctor was very happy. Pain is not too bad, on morphine pump. All wired up with my oxygen as I type. Still foggy guys so i'll make it short and sweet :-)

Thanks for all the wonderful support.

Xxx

Emma

I'm all done everyone! Woohoo! I made it :-) everything went great, no problems in surgery. My doctor was very happy. Pain is not too bad, on morphine pump. All wired up with my oxygen as I type. Still foggy guys so i'll make it short and sweet :-)

Thanks for all the wonderful support.

Xxx

Emma

Emma, really glad it went well. Look forward to hearing how you get on now. I will be travelling to Dublin more now as one of my daughters just started at Trinity so maybe I can buy you a low cal guinness when your tum has healed :thumbup:

Jane x

Hi guys sorry for lack of updates, been having a bad time of it. Supposed to be going hone tommorrow but looks like things have been delayed a bit. Up with diarrhea and very bad pain in tummy all night, the wound sites are very sore. Missing the morphine a lot, doesn't seem like the paracetemol is cutting it. Had 2 spoons of porridge today. It went right through me but felt ok to eat. Cathader is out now thank god so able to go toilet when I like. Physio have me walking the corridors to kill the stiffness. Hopefully feel much better soon.

Xxx

Emma

Hi Emma! Congratulations on your surgery and of course a big welcome!!!! Very very important Emma, walk, walk, walk, and sip, sip, sip. . . your going to do ok, the soreness will be a thing of the past in about 2 weeks or so. . . so hang in there for now. . your going to do fabulous just like the rest of us. . . keep us posted and keep walking!

Hi guys sorry for lack of updates, been having a bad time of it. Supposed to be going hone tommorrow but looks like things have been delayed a bit. Up with diarrhea and very bad pain in tummy all night, the wound sites are very sore. Missing the morphine a lot, doesn't seem like the paracetemol is cutting it. Had 2 spoons of porridge today. It went right through me but felt ok to eat. Cathader is out now thank god so able to go toilet when I like. Physio have me walking the corridors to kill the stiffness. Hopefully feel much better soon.

Xxx

Emma

Emma I'm so glad you checked in! You sound like you are getting better every day and that is what counts. Sometimes the recovery can be a bit more bumpy than some, but stay strong and positive - we all know you will be fine.

Baby steps darlin~!!! Walking will help with your recovery and is Oh So Important. Good on you for making sure you're doing that. Be sure to get your fluids in too!

Blessings!

Thanks lil miss diva, really am struggling at the moment and am wondering what have I done to myself. My pain levels are massive, surgeon came and checked today though and said everything is normal so I trust him. I'm finding it tough to get the Fluid down. A lot of burping but slowly getting it down. Thanks for the advice xxx

Emma

gets better with time. stay encouraged & be strong.

Hi guys sorry for lack

of updates, been having a bad time of it. Supposed to be going hone tommorrow but looks like things have been delayed a bit. Up with diarrhea and very bad pain in tummy all night, the wound sites are very sore. Missing the morphine a lot, doesn't seem like the paracetemol is cutting it. Had 2 spoons of porridge today. It went right through me but felt ok to eat. Cathader is out now thank god so able to go toilet when I like. Physio have me walking the corridors to kill the stiffness. Hopefully feel much better soon.

Xxx

Emma

Thanks lil miss diva, really am struggling at the moment and am wondering what have I done to myself. My pain levels are massive, surgeon came and checked today though and said everything is normal so I trust him. I'm finding it tough to get the Fluid down. A lot of burping but slowly getting it down. Thanks for the advice xxx

Emma

Oh Emma I really do know what you mean. I'm still struggling to get all my fluids in even today. I'm on day 9 too! :( But whenever I get on the scale in the morning and I'm a Lb down it makes it a little bit easier to deal with... lol :biggrin0:

Seriously though, every single day will get better and better. You will stop asking yourself what you have done and start thanking yourself for taking the step to getting healthy!

Emmalouise, So glad that you have made it to the other side, condrads! The first week tends to be the hardest but each day it gets better and better. The buyer's remorse also is common the first few days but just wait until you see the scale start to drop. Try to walk as much as you can, many frequent little walks are better then longer ones.

Nancy

Feeling a lot better today, pain has really reduced and all drips are out. Had a shower and feels refreshed after it. Hopefully I get to go home today. No doubt the next few months ate going to be tough but it will all be well worth it in the end. I wonder how much I have lost already. Hopefully they can weigh me before I leave the hospital.

Xxx

Emma

Hi guys, time for another update I guess. Got home from the hospital yesterday which was fab. Not in half as much pain anymore and feeling better by the day. Down 24lbs already so I'm delighted. I need to have my bandages off tomorrow and I should feel even better after that. Only thing I'm having major problem with is lying down. I find my bed much to flat. It puts massive pressure on my tummy. As far as eating goes I've not able to have much at all. Some sloppy porridge-2 spoons for Breakfast and homemade Soup twice a day, a further two spoons each time. On my Calcium and Vitamins also so think I'm doing pretty well. Hope everyone is feeling well. All my livexxx

Emma

Emma

Its slow at first give it time.

Jane x

Guys I have a terrible tightness in ny left arm is this normal. It's more shoulder arm and chest.

Guys I have a terrible tightness in ny left arm is this normal. It's more shoulder arm and chest.

Sounds like more gas pains. Try to get up and walk it off. If you really feel like it's more than that, don't hesitate and get medical attention ASAP.

Check in and let us know how you're doing!!