Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question on my mind...and second guessing my choice..

Hi Everyone...

Well I finally got another surgery date (the last one was changed due to all that dental drama I had with a cavity that got infected..as some of you know). So I'm scheduled for September 14 and I'm on the "wonderful" liquid diet since Tuesday...so that's rough :scared0: but I'm hanging in there.

And ofcourse I'm having the "maybe I shouldn't do this" "maybe I should wait and try it on my own again"...you know all those excuses bc of the nerves and fears. I keep reading all these great posts of how great you all feel (sleevers) and I want to just believe in that and believe in the fact that my surgeoun is great(I know he is)...but the thought of never seeing my daughter again is just so overpowering. I've never had any surgery, only had a spinal tap when I had a Csection for my daughter's birth and I was not under for that...the thought of having an elective operation and losing my life over it is just so overpowering !! I guess I've been thinking back at my life and I never thought I would ever be at this crossroad,I haven't been overweight all of my life, but I have been for the last 8 to 10 years...off and on. I keep thinking (and this sounds silly) that I am having my stomach removed, a part of me that I was born with. I keep thinking that by doing surgery am I letting the food win? bc I should of been strong enough to not be overweight and done it without a drastic measure as this. Then my surgery has been rescheduled twice bc of other stuff and I keep wondering if that was a sign..I guess I'm feeling all mest up right now and seriously considering backing out of this surgery:sad0:

Thanks for listening

Hi Aplus, my surgery was cancelled once and I know the 'maybe its a sign' thoughts. But it wasn't, and I am so glad I did it. I weighed the risk of dying young against dying on the op table and the stats were for the VSG, so I did that. Good luck.

Jane x

I went through the same thing! I was crying as they rolled me back into the operating room because I was so scared I would never get to see my daughter again. We all have mixed emotions going into this, you just can't let them steer you away from the ultimate goal of getting healthier to be with your family longer.

If you think that you can do it on your own, well give it one more shot. I couldn't, and my life was wasted with many many years of me trying. I don't regret this surgery for a minute, I am 8 months out, 100 pounds down, and life is so much better now! I can eat what I want now, and it almost feels like I didn't even have surgery, except for my smaller meals!

I wish you the best of luck either way, keep us posted on what you decide.

Hi Aplus, I literally just said the same things on another board. I am also 9/14 also; I understand completely where you are coming from. We can do this! And Jane is right, the stats are with us!

Hi, I think the second guessing and fear is not only normal but also a good thing this is a big decision and should not be made lightly.

Nancy glad she got sleeved