Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgeries!!

so im now 6 days post-op. i still dont have much energy cuz im not getting in enough calories. Today ive had 10oz of Water, 6oz of Protein Shake, and 1 ice-pop so far. i know im not getting in enough fluides just having a hard time with it. Every time i drink i get a pain in my tummy im sure its just trapped gas, i have to sit up to drink or i cant get my burps out. I had weight gain after surgery im guessing due to IVs and stress on the body, im only down 4lbs since my surgery weight. Im feeling better and better every day and i cant wait to say that i really enjoy my sleeve right now hes just OK :rolleyes:

I am having my surgery tomorrow, October 18th in Griffin Hospital in Connecticut.

I am concerned because I have done all I could, I have been dieting since July 11th and have lost a total of 50 lbs. That's great for me, but I can't invision myself thin or even substantially thinner. It's been over almost 30 years. I was 320 when I started, now I'm 279. I'm so afraid I will not lose much more.

I have learned to eat better and that I can live without rice and Beans and pork chops. It takes me a long time to shop now because i'm reading labels.

Yet, because of a failed lapband surgery three years ago (my liver was too large) I almost have not allowed myself to hope and dream again.

how are all the October babies doing? im feeling great, but im not getting in enough calories or Protein in. Im suppost to start work tonight but i think im going to take another week off. If i didnt have a job that i had to stand the whole time id be Ok but i dont think id make it with out passing out.

Wow Kerri, you are doing alot better than I to be able to go back to work. Don't rush it if you can help it. Take care of yourself.

To those who are getting ready for surgery, my prayers are with you for a quick recovery.

For me it has been a little rougher than I thought. I have lost 10 lbs. Woohoo!!! I am finally getting more liquids and Proteins in. It has been tough. sugar free popsicles are my best friend. Since surgery they believe I have become lactose intolerant so therefore, milk based Protein shakes are not very good for me. Right now I am fighting a fever but they do not seem to worried about it. The nurse and surgeon feels that I am probably not getting the rest I need. Still have tenderness but that obviously should be expected. Its only been 8 days since surgery. I have had some depressive days however, the next day seems a little better. Its hard feeding your family and then setting in the living room while they have all the wonderful food that I used to eat. It is all a head game that we all have to work through.

---@

I'm feeling good. I tried to go back to work on Wed (housekeeping) but I wasn't ready. I was lightheaded most of the day and had to sit down a lot. If I were at a desk job it would be no problem for me. I'm not getting in my protien at all. My friend who also had wls by another Dr said she was told 30/60/90 first month work on getting 30g in a day, 2nd month 60, and 3rd 90. That's what Im trying to do and get my fluids in. My wounds are healing great and I'm down 20lbs in 2 weeks + my 5 before surgery. Can't wait to see what next month brings!

Its hard feeding your family and then setting in the living room while they have all the wonderful food that I used to eat. It is all a head game that we all have to work through.

---@

I can relate to this! I made my family tacos the other night and they smelled so good. Everyone was munching down and I was having soup....2 whole tablespoons......

I can relate to this! I made my family tacos the other night and they smelled so good. Everyone was munching down and I was having soup....2 whole tablespoons......

thats about all i can eat too. i was reading on another site and a girl who had surgery the same day as me was already eatting 1/2 cup. most foods dont sound good to me yet, they smell good but the thought of eatting it doesnt seattle with me. OMG! trying to get Protein shakes in is the worse, they are to sweet and make me want to gag.

I did just get back from Shoneys and I had about 1/2 a cup of cabbage Soup minus all the chunky stuff so it was mostly broth but it was really good!

So it seems that we're heading into the last week of October sleevers. I'm going in on Tuesday, 10/26, and although I haven't really posted much, it's been great to read about those of you that have been waiting for your October date, had the surgery, and then come back to post about your experience.

I'm excited to get onto that table on Tuesday, but I have to say I'm nervous about one thing....I haven't been as diligent on my 2 week pre-op diet as I should have been. Was given a low-calorie (1000) balanced plan to follow for 2 weeks and I swear, it felt like Weight Watchers all over again! I haven't gone out of control and have managed to shed 3 lbs in the last 10 days, but I'm definitely having these feelings of remorse right now and a "what if he gets started and realizes my liver isn't in good enough shape to do the surgery?" Too late to do anything about it right now, other than strive for perfection on these last few days, but I'm just looking forward to waking up in recovery at this point.

Anyway, continued good health to those October Sleevers that have gone already, and good luck to those of us who are scheduled in the next week or so. Hope to join you all on the losing side soon enough!!

Well tomorrow will be 2 wks out! I have lost 15 lbs plus the 28 lbs before surgery! This morning instead of exited I was disappointed because I was just down 1 lb. Then I thought get real Melissa! I am so fortunate to have lost that much! I am the kind of person who wants it to happen overnight. I still have some soreness which is normal. My surgeon called me yesterday to check on me. I was shocked as I have had surgery before and never have I had the surgeon contact me. Amazing!!! I have some minor hunger issues going on within the last few days. I just think that it is probably time to move onto the next step in my eating phases which would be puree but will hang onto then. I cannot wait until I can have some turkey, fish, chicken etc even if it is pureed! I think that the extra added Protein will help with the minor hunger! I can't seem to get all my Protein in however, it is hard when you can't get real protein in. I am having problems with milk products so they believe I am probably lactose intolerant now. So have to do protein shakes that are not milk based. Otherwise I am getting stronger everyday!

I am praying for those who are having surgery and for those who are recovering. Best of luck to all! Look forward to updates from all!