Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgeries!!

I was also out of control w/ the idea of "I must eat while I can" I started my pre-op liquid diet w/ one Atkins type meal per day. I have very few hungry days!! This is my second trip through pre-op diet due to a last minute insurance denial then 6 mos. they reversed themselved after appeal! It has been a terrible emotional rollercoaster, but the end is in sight. Only 11 more days!! Hope you get some relief!

Can you all beleive its already October? I started looking into VSG back in June, now Im down to 10 days!!! Hopfully the next 10 days will go by fast. Good Luck to everyone and i hope you all will post your surgery updates on here.

Wishing everyone the all the best for their forthcoming surgeries. :( I'm on the table on Tuesday 5th October ............ Getting so nervous right now. :( :ohmy: :)

Take care everyone

Sue xxx :sad0: :seeya: :cheer2:

Hey, only 10 more days! I am having a lot of problems with nausea the last couple of days. I tend to have extreme problems with nausea and vomiting after surgery regardless of what they give me. I am really nervous that if I am having problems like this on the pre-op diet, what will it be like post surgery. Any input?

Hi Everyone,

My sleeve surgery is Oct 11th. I'm very excited and I can't wait to be on the loser's side of this journey. I was going to do the lapband until I found this site and saw all of the people who were having such a hard time with them. I do feel like I have to eat everything prior to surgery but I know I had to stop it next week by Thursday because my surgery is the following Monday. I guess it's normal. Good luck to all my Oct. surgery friends.

Kim:thumbup:

I am scheduled for Oct 11th with Dr Aceves!

Im so excited, and nervous!

I'm getting sleeved on the 13th but in Maryland. I've been doing two liquid Protein Shakes as replacements for Breakfast and lunch for the past month... per doctors orders and dropped 12 pounds. I started this journey at 346. Prior to starting the two shakes I had lost 11pounds so right now I'm down a total of 23. I've been on all liquids for the last four days to prepare for surgery, which I have to say totally SUCKS, but it's something we need to do to make the surgery a success! I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Best of luck to everyone having surgery in October and those to follow. This is the journey of our lives and we will succeed!!!!!

My surgery is on Monday, and I am really starting to get the jitters. I feel like I can't keep focused on anything, and sleep, well, has not been the best. I keep telling myself it will all be ok, but ya know how it is, those nagging little thoughts in the back of your head. :thumbup:

I'm leaving Dr Aceves on the 11th so I'll probably see a few of you gals at the airport! I cannot believe it's less than a week away. I just organized my pantry, Vitamins, and fridge today. Tomorrow I'm hitting the spare bedroom where I'll stay once I get back.

Hi there how is everyone?

Well tomorrow's the big day!!! And I have decided on Vertical Sleeve Plication.

I'm excited! I've done my research, have gone back and forth with Sleeve Plication versus Sleeve Gastrectomy and unless something big changes tomorrow after my pre-ops then VSP it will be:) I'll let everyone know how things went as soon as I'm able:) Be Blessed and Good luck to all!