Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been reading all your posts and I am so inspired!!

I need help!!!!

I was sleeved on 8/9/2010. When I went for my 2-wk post op appt, I had lost 20 lbs since a month before.. (pre-op and post op).

I don't feel any progress any more. I am afraid to weigh myself.

My stomach feels big - I don't feel any change.

I am full all the time.

I am glad I have no pain or discomfort.

My problem is that I am unable to eat anything.. If I eat anything I throw up.. I have trouble drinking.. I can't get in all my fluids.. I try to get at least 60 gm of Protein in.. and by then I am so, so full..

is that why I am not losing, because I am not drinking?

My pants still don't feel loose. I do look like I have lost weight in my face, though.. :)

Pls tell me I will lose. Sometimes a thought crosses my mond that I will be the one that will not lose - but then again, that does not make sense given that I don't eat.

I should lose.

Or is my stomach still swollen from the surgery?

one good thing though, I sleep so well...

I tried to look for a buddy so I can get coached through the process but I was not successful. A few said they would help then disappeared on me. I even met one buddy but she never contacted me after our meeting. Would someone please like to help me?

Thank you all... Excuse the tirade!!

I would be glad to be your buddy, Jackie. I'm over 4 mos out. Feel free to private message me.

I've lost 15 so far (sleeved on August 18th). My pants still fit the same at the waist, but are looser around my hips, so don't just go by your pants. Everyone loses differently. My cousin's weight loss was noticeable more from his face first, but then his body followed suit. You may even still be a little swollen. It's been less than three weeks afterall.

It's way too early for you to be feeling discouraged!

I know patience is very hard to come by...I deal with that a lot myself especially when I see other people who were sleeved around the same time as me losing a lot more than me.

I start to feel discouraged and then I make myself snap out of it!

It's going to start coming off and you're going to start noticing it.

Hang in there!

Even after I started losing weight, it was ages b4 I could see it. My belly was so swollen that my pants were tighter than b4 surgery. Like GoodLife said, it's tough being patient but trust me, the sleeve works. It takes time for your body to heal, adjust and to lose all the swelling. Just continue to do what you know is right. Best of luck to you.

Feel free to pm me anytime. I will help in any way I can.

Hang in there! Give yourself a break... you are still recovering and the loss will happen. I think we get our hopes up that it will fall off quickly and for those of us who go at a slower pace, it is frustrating. Just to give you a heads up so you can prepare now, there will be times of stall. You have to understand that's a given and just prepare mentally now. I was a fast loser at times and others I sort of just stalled. While I was stalled on the scale I was moving in inches.

I am 5.5 months out now and am still learning how to feed myself properly. I've not ever done the Protein shakes so I can't offer any insight on them. I'm glad you can do them!

Good luck,

Melisa

My 2-4 weeks (or probably through 6 weeks) was the worst trying to eat. I wasnt quite able to eat everything but what I could eat did always feel weird and sickly after I ate. It does get better but even now, 8 weeks out I still have days that I just want Soup or yogurt and nothing dense. Hang in there - just keep tracking Protein and get exercise in. Those are keys. I am on the top end of weight loss but remember to not compare to others - I started at 360 so as a percentage I am about 15% since surgery.

Yours will come - if you are not eating or getting enough fluids - your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto any calories you get in. Feel free to message me and ask any questions and I will be happy to help where I can

Thank you, Maddie.

I guess I will hang in there.. I think I am just real swollen..

I will ask questions as I experience stuff.. What a learning process!!

I wouldn't worry at all about the weight right now- but I would focus on your HEALTH. You need to get Protein and fluids in, and you shouldn't be throwing up. It's high time to call your surgeon and the nutritionist and address these issues. Good luck.

I would love to be your buddy and im here in the dallas area but I don't have my surgery till about December. Im still working through the aetna criteria. Maybe ill need you by then lol.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Sure would love to be buddies..

Who will be doing your surgery?

I know by the time you have yours I will be way out and will be a good / useful buddy to you.

I am feeling so much better now.

Thank you agian.

Hi Jackie,

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. If you have read any of my posts it's been rough on me as well even though this is my second time around, first time was with a Lap Band.

I am VERY concerned about the vomiting. Did your surgeon offer any type of program to follow as far as what to eat during certain weeks? Mine has a certain diet for the first 7 weeks he makes all of us use as he has found it to be the mose successful. You have to remember you have a brand new tummy. You would not feed a 6 week old a steak or hamburger, you have to think of your stomach and eating as a newborn, which stinks but it's the truth.

Please let me know if you have any booklets or material to help you. When you eat are you chewing it down to almost nothing? I know that from my Lap Band and it's true with the Sleeve as well. You have to be careful on chewing and even where you are there are still foods my surgeon would not allow.

Please keep in touch with all of us and keep your head up. You have made a big decision to have this surgery. Now you must make all the changes necessary to be healthy and successful. It's a challenge and not so fun sometimes but that's part of the decision we all made in order to become a better healthier person.

((((HUGS))))

Hi Jackie, it takes time so hang on in there. You can be sure you will lose though, it's not a mgic wand however and the fat still has to be burnt off sadly.

Jane x