Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ladies, anyone having pms cravings?

For the first time since surgery (May 4, 2010) I seem to be experiencing PMS cravings. You know the ones, you just want to eat and eat and eat. I am not even hungry really, I just want to eat. It is freaking me out a bit because I hardly ever experience hunger, but I suppose they took the hunge hormone and not the other ones! When I go to eat my meal, I find I fill up very quickly but then an hour later my head and mouth just want to eat. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know of a supplement or herb that might help?

Yeppers, every month during my high and peak ovulation day I'm a junk food junkie. It never happened pre-op, but now I look like a Hoover vacuum sucking down the Cheezits. I wish I could tell you it gets better, but I found that the cravings, moodiness, bloating, and cramps all have gotten worse since losing all my weight. My periods are regular now, and super light. My husband said "so that's why skinny girls are so grouchy, you used to not be like this when you were my chunky monkey." He tries to be sweet, I still would like to smother him gently in his sleep during my PMS week ha ha ha.

Thanks Tiffykins! I am glad to know I am not going crazy (well, not any more than usual). You are so funny, I usually adore my hubby but a few days every month I consider murder (although I think with a female judge, we might be able to argue justifiable homicide, lol). I also just wanted to say how much help you are to those of us on this journey. From inspiration to encouragement to recipe ideas you are awesome! Thanks for being here.

I'm sorry to say I can't help, either, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that had a very rough time.

The very first time I actually felt an urge to eat was right before my cycle and I wanted to eat everything in the entire world for two whole days. It was horrible - knowing that I wasn't physically hungry at all, but having an insane urge to devour every nasty carb crazy food in sight. Luckily, I can't eat much of anything, but it's definitely a scary thought that this could be the new monthly ordeal. I was also a raving lunatic for a few days; my poor husband didn't have any idea what to say or do, so he mostly just tiptoed around me until I starting smiling again. I've NEVER experienced PMS that way before. It was a nightmare. I was a nightmare!

I hope it does get better, but I suppose I better find some way to cope just in case this is the going to be the norm for the long haul.

Thanks for asking this question; I didn't think to do it myself.

~Cheri

YES!! YES!! YES!!

My PMS cravings are definitely worse now than before surgery. I'm wanting ice cream, Cookies, chips, etc... Luckily, after a half of a cookie or a baby scoop of ice cream, I'm satisfied. So, for now, I'm not worrying about it too much.

Thanks for your replies! I am glad to know this is just the normal pms and even though I am dreading next month already. But now I know that it will pass quickly and until it does I will find comfort in that I am not alone!

Big hug to all!

So glad to read this ... I have had a terrible time with this as well. My strategy has been to eat a beefstick (the ones from costco are 110 calories, 12g Protein and VERY filling). If that doesn't get me past the craving, I allow myself one miniature Reese Cup. YUMMY!!!

I have found that my cravings are very similar to before. I always had cravings for a lot of junk food. But what is way worse is my mood swings. I am not a crier by nature and 3 weeks out from surgery PMS hits. I was emotional, would cry, and sort of mean. My husband thought I was losing it! I am hoping my mood swings at least go back to normal eventually. I really don't like being an emotional wreck for a week!

Same here...I got my first period after surgery yesterday and the last week was hell and today is hell too and I'm very emotional (I had cravings the week before) and I also got sick too. I hope it doesn't stay like that.

costco here I come.....

ROFL

Hope it helps!!!

costco here I come.....

HA! off for a beef stick! Pun intended....LMAO! I find that cravings are worse and so are my cramps and PMS, I'm barely on my second period since surgery, but I wish I would have asked them to take those bits out while I was under!

:willy_nilly:The beef sticks did work, thank you so much. I have added those to my STAPLES list! CK, too funny, they should offer a 2 for 1 price so that would really get rid of our cravings!

:willy_nilly:The beef sticks did work, thank you so much. I have added those to my STAPLES list! CK, too funny, they should offer a 2 for 1 price so that would really get rid of our cravings!

Yeah!!!! So glad they helped out.