Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*** Shrinking Feet ?***

Hello my Fellow Sleever's....

Quick question for ya... Has anyone notice a change in shoe size ? Length or width doesn't matter... I've always wondered about this, especially for us folk that have plus size feet.. :thumbup1:.. do they shrink with the weight loss ???

I haven't had my sleeve yet. Can't seem to decide between Jose V. Rodriguez and Aceves, but I do remember a slimmer time when I wore a shoe 2 sizes smaller than I do now. My brother that had his gastric bypass 7 years ago started of wearing a size 11.5 and now wears a 9.

ABSOLUTELY!!!! I'm 6 weeks out and yesterday I tried on a pair of shoes that once fit tight and they were flipping off me! I had to put them in the bag destined for Goodwill:sad0:.

I also took a picture of my feet before surgery...I'm nuts:lol0:!

Get ready to buy new shoes!

Lovingly,

monica:001_tongue:

Besitos... lol.. ( taking pics of your feet ) That sounds like something i would do... HAha ha.. Im glad to hear that the feet shrink .. I don't like my plus size feet...

Burythat.. That's great to hear.. Shrinking feet here i come !!!

congradulations on your weight loss that is incredible. Now just think of think of all those new pairs of shoes you'll be able to wear. I have the worse time trying to find shoes now. Well nice shoes. They are almost all geared to a more narrow foot and I do like my shoes. Good luck on the weight loss and keep us up to date.

Yes mine shrunk by nearly a whole size.

Jane x

If you think about it, your feet are holding you up... so the weight is spreading them. Even tho they are mainly bones, the less weight bearing down on them, the less spread there should theoretically be... so they should be at least a little narrower if nothing else...

I'm hoping I don't loose too much size wise as I have some lovely boots I want to keep wearing!!

I've lost close to 100 pounds several times in the past, and my feet have always gotten smaller as I have lost weight. Last time I dieted, I went from a size 10w to a 9 regular. By the time I had the VSG, I had gotten so much heavier that my shoe size had gone to an 11w. Now that I've lost 64 pounds, all those shoes are way too big. I'm trying to just wear sandals or clogs until I get to goal, because I know that anything I buy now would also get too big as I continue to lose.

Edited by katt

I have to say that I have noticed a difference in my feet. They are shirking slowLY width and length..

My feet shrunk a little, now all my shoes are a little more comfortable...but I haven't had any change in the width! I guess my family is right, I will always have flinstone feet...ugh! Do they have surgery for that...lol! Just joking, but I do wish they made more cute wide width shoes. I do have a few more pounds to go though, so maybe it's all in my feet...lol!! <--- (keep dreaming)

Edited by angel96049