Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got sleeved this past Friday at Vanderbilt in Nashville. I am healing well with the incisions not giving me any trouble. I am completely off of the pain meds. My one concern is that I cannot drink or eat anything. I am getting about 1 bottle of Water mixed with Protein of course in one day. I had three spoons of broth for lunch and 3 spoons of broth for dinner. My stomach feels like I just ate the biggest Thanksgiving Dinner ever. I feel bloated and stuffed. Is this a normal feeling and how do I get more water in my system.

It is normal due to swelling. Right now the most important thing you can do, is sip Water. The Protein is important but the first week or so, nothing is more important than getting in your water. As the swelling goes down, this will get easier. Just sip, sip, sip. It gets easier.

If you get to the point where you are seriously dehydrated, definitely go see your doc (if you can see him/her the same day) or head to urgent care and just ask for some IV fluids. I had taken a few bags of saline and IV catheters from my old job as a paramedic a few times, but I've used them all up on friends with food poisonings and hangovers and now I wish I had kept them for myself instead....lol.

Omg I feel the same way! my diet says to have a cup of broth but i cant get it all down. It took me an hour just to get a cup of Jello down. I just feel so full what should I do? I was sleeved on Monday.

I was sleeved a month ago, and the first 2 or three days all I could get down was a few sips of broth and Water, but I kept at it and made sure I got my liquids in as best I could. It does get easier, my turning point was around day 4 or 5 post-op

You're normal! Isn't that nice to hear sometimes? haha Each day will get a little better, but the first few are the hardest. Soon, you'll be drinking/eating more and then you'll be asking "should I be able to eat this much????". Good luck and just follow your doctors guidelines the best you are able to.