Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I was trying to think of things I would need for after my surgery, and decided a blender. I have been looking at the Magic Bullet. Please let me know if you used a Magic Bullet, and if it is worth the money. I have a big glass blender now, but can't see me washing that thing a few times a day, it is a pain in the butt to clean. I would appreciate some insight on what type of blender everyone uses. Thanks

I have the magic bullet and I love it! It comes with a lot of extra stuff that I don't use but it is quite a convenience to just have to wash the top (containing the blade) and grab one of the mixing cups. The only thing is that I wished the cups had measurements on them but it not a biggie. I also have the hamilton beach blender which is good too. It has measurements on the cup. I give both two thumbs up!

I LOVE my magic bullet, so easy all you have to wash is the blade and the cup, use it every day

I use a food processor and an immersion blender, depending on what I'm doing. It works fine. I doubt it much matters what kind of blender you get.

I have the magic bullet, and it has been great for shakes, smoothies, and my blended foods. You won't be able to eat much, so it is the perfect size for anything you need and super easy to use and clean. I would say it is more than worth it.

I have one and I use it alot. The only thing I don't like is that it has a little rubber ring seal that's hard to get in and out. If I had to buy another one I'd probably check to see how it seals first. I don't have any more of those rings so I just close it tight and watch for the vibration of the blender to make it come loose. It's great for shakes with ice, kids' smoothies and I also used it a lot to blend up Soups and other foods for mushies.

Thank you everyone for advise. Like I said my mom bought me this real nice blender, but the container is glass, and it is really to heavy for me to pick up and wash. I have been watching the infomericals on the magic bullet, so I will start saving my pennies for it. lol

Thank you everyone for advise. Like I said my mom bought me this real nice blender, but the container is glass, and it is really to heavy for me to pick up and wash. I have been watching the infomericals on the magic bullet, so I will start saving my pennies for it. lol

I used mine alot the first two weeks but not as much once I was able to transition to soft foods and just chew everything. I intended to make smoothies and stuff but I guess I've just been kind of lazy about doing that. I'm sure I'll get back into it eventually.

Don't get it from the tv ads. Try here... Walmart.com: The Original Magic Bullet Express Blender/Mixer System: Appliances

Not to be a downer but I HATED my magic bullet! I am pre-op but I still dont enjoy large chunks of things in what ever I am trying to blend smooth. I know after surgery that would defiantly be a problem as well. The magic bullets design is horrible! All I know is that I got so sick of things getting stuck and it not living up to its promises that I threw it out and got a Ninja Master Prep Pro! The Ninja is the besttttt thing in my kitchen right now! The magic bullet doesn't even come close. I guess its a personal choice but I cant understand what all of you like about this device... Go with the Ninja! Wayyy more bang for your buck! :-)

Not to be a downer but I HATED my magic bullet! I am pre-op but I still dont enjoy large chunks of things in what ever I am trying to blend smooth. I know after surgery that would defiantly be a problem as well. The magic bullets design is horrible! All I know is that I got so sick of things getting stuck and it not living up to its promises that I threw it out and got a Ninja Master Prep Pro! The Ninja is the besttttt thing in my kitchen right now! The magic bullet doesn't even come close. I guess its a personal choice but I cant understand what all of you like about this device... Go with the Ninja! Wayyy more bang for your buck! :-)

I never heard about the Ninja Master Prep Pro! I will have to look into. Thanks:thumbup1:

I have a Ninja Master Pro also, and it is AWESOME! Beats the Magic Bullet hands down (I have that as well).

I have heard great things about the Ninja, but had already bought my magic bullet. As long as you have something that works for you, that is all that really matters. Good luck with your search!

I saw the magic bullets at costco the other day. $45.00 - I bought mine off the informercial and had to pay shipping and handling charges which brought up the cost considerably. A lot cheaper to buy it directly from a store. I haven't used it much, but when I have it worked fine.