Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bering an Insurance Stalker finally paid off!

Well its been a long stressful road but finally after three years and countless hours on the phone I have been APPROVED!! BCBS IL has denied me 3 times this week just because the werent looking at the info. They denied me for not having the 6 month diet documentation and for it being investigational. I called them and told then the documentation was there and that they had changed their policy as of July 1st. So it was noted and sent back over. Then they denied it for not having any new additional info but they hadnt l,ooked at the info. Yet another call and sent back. The last time they even had a medical reviewer look at it before sending it for review and she said it looked like everything was there. This time they took my phone number and said they would call me back by the end of the day with an answer. Of coarse it took 3 days of me calling morning and evening but finally this morning I got my Aprroval!! Hopefully I will update this soon with my surgery date!:thumbup:

I'm truly happy for you. My daughter has BCBS and they denied her last week. She has been considering self pay, but she already struggles with money. She has excellent credit and could probably get a loan...but I feel that she doesn't need the added expense. I'm hoping that when she tries again, she will be approved.

Lookin, tell her to just keep fighting! I know how stressful it can be! And how depressing, as I was denied a total of 5 times and each time I cried and screamed at the phone! If she can get to her policy online and read it so she can know exactly what they are looking for that helps! By the end I knew their policy better than they did! and had to tell them that they had updated it to include VSG. It depends on her specific p[olicy and her employers specific requirements! Good Luck to her! And to you it looks like you are doin amazing!

congratulations, that's great, i went thru the same thing, in feb BC denied my d/t investigagtional. CA has a state office you can appeal to and i won my Independent Medical Review. Surgery was scheduled for two weeks from day of approval, 5/28/10 Two months out, almost, and i love my sleeve, you'll love yours, good luck, hope they schedule right away

Got my date!! August 30th!!! so excited!!!!will be on a liquid diet for my County Fair (we show animals and stay there all week) and for my birthday but it will be well worth it....This is going to be the best birthday present!!