Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Totally obsessed with WLS

I went on July 10th and did a consultation with the bariatic department and I believe that I was approved because I got a surgery date (11.24.10) but havent went through the insurance headache yet (i have medicaid). I am 25 y/o, 230lbs and a BMI of 39.5. I am so excited about the prospects of being healthy and thin that I think that I am obsessing about it. I come on this website ever day, when ever I go shopping now; I look at the smaller clothes and I dream about it at night as well. My marriage is definitely on the rocks and I think that I am relying on the surgery to fix it. Not sure if this is normal for people waiting for the surgery. Let me know. Thanks.

Moni Luv:001_tongue:

Hi Moni luv,

I wish you well on the VSG thing. I understand obsessive behaviour because I do it too. It is something that often gets better with age, like mood swings do too. If you have insight into your behaviour you are a long way there. Try to include other things in your life, read a book or take up a class, to dilute the feelings. I am sorry about your marriage, it must be rough for you. You will get through though.

Jane x

Hi there

I was certainly obsessing about it all for months before my surgery.... joining this site in Feb and finally getting the sleeve in June. once its done it does ease off a little.... so you can channel your energy into the next 'project' that comes up in your life.

I'm sorry to hear about your marriage issues.... hopefully you'll get this sorted out.

Good luck

Moni Luv,

Your story is the same as mine to a tee (except the rocky marriage part). I'm am totally obcessed with having this surgery!

BC/BS requires a 3 month supervised diet, so I'm doing that with the nutritionist. Two more agonizing months (middle of September) until my packet will even be submitted, and BC/BS is just now approving "some" sleeve sugeries. So, I don't even know if I will be rejected and have to appeal, which could mean how much more waiting?? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! I've been at this since March, when I tried to get into a seminar (went in June) which is what my surgeon requires before you have to wait one month for a consult.

I've learned to tone it down, while talking with my husband. I can tell he tires of hearing about it, but I don't have one other person to share it with. That's one reason I feel I have to jump on this site and Obesity Help (I waste so much time looking through their before and after pictures and reading stories) it's like I have a thirst that I can't quench!

I'm working on this obcession....in fact, I'm going out to work in the garden right now...byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I am in the same boat. I haven't found a way to pay for my surgery yet but I have been on these boards every day for almost two months now. When something that is weight related happens I just say to myself, soon I will be thin, and it just rolls of my back. I constantly think of what I'll beable to do once I get thinner like joining a hiphop dance class and walking for miles and miles. I'm right there with you on obsessing.

I can sure understand being obsessed with it! I wish I had been able to get this surgery in my 20's!

It is true that since you are aware of the obsession, you are not as far gone as you think. I hope you are able to get the surgery and work on getting healthier! It is not a cure-all for problems in life, by any means, but when we take care of ourselves many good things can happen!

Whew!

I thought I was the only one! I'm totally obsessed - I want to read and absorb EVERYTHING!! I have surgery scheduled for 08-27-10 and I can barely stand it. I already had Protein powder, 3 packages of bottled Water, an entire pantry full of broth for my liquids stage, a list of things to pack for the trip (some of which is ALREADY in my suitcase!), all my "skinnier" clothes are organized and in size order - just waiting (thank goodness I didn't throw them out - I knew they would fit me again one day!)

It is exciting!

You all have been really helpful. I really thought I was the only one. I know that this is not a cure-all remedy but it gives me the inspiration that I don't have otherwise. As far as my marriage, this perhaps is just a rocky road that I will soon pass but nonetheless, with my new body image and self-confidence; I might become a more attractive mate for him(not just physically but also emotionally since I will feel better about myself. I am dying to buy a "thin outfit", not sure what size to buy but definitely psyched about the new possibilities. I am getting nervous now with the requirements for the surgery. I hope that I qualify because I desperately need this push to jumpstart my healthy life.

I am right there with all of you. I talk about my surgery so much. My favorite saying is after my surgery I will be able to ________. I know I am driving my daughter bonkers, but she is excited for me too. Not only that but a few of the things I have mentioned is things she has wanted to do. I also love going shopping and looking at the smaller clothes, and say after my surgery I will be able to wear that. When I first started going through the process I was really bad, but after the long delay in getting my surgery date, I slacked off, and actually until I recevied my date I was trying not to think about it in case for some reason my surgeon denied me. I just joined this site last week, and I used to be a Facebook fanatic, but now I'm on here more then I'm on facebook. That says something right there.

Moni Luv,

I'm completly obsessed with having this surgery I can't wait to return to the things I love running, hiking etc. I truly wish you luck in your journey and I hope your not doing this for your husband but for yourself. I had a rocking marriage and after a year of seeing a therpist we are now in a good place I did not want this surgery if in the back of my mind I thought I was doing it for him or to fix our relationship. Its nice starting this journey with my husband with him understanding it's not about him it's about me and getting healthy.

Good Luck!!!!

Darling,

I am in the same boat too...totally OB-sessed! I think about it all the time, talk about it all the time, plan all the time. I was flipping through Vogue and all I could think about is...I want those shoes WHEN I am skinny! I used to have to say, gosh I wish I was skinny so that I could dress like that! My partner is uber supportive and wants the surgery herself, so it makes it a lot easier.

Just hang in there, we are all hanging on the side of the boat with you!

Me too. I must admit I'm obsessed. I'm on here all the time. Reading and rereading the threads. searching for new posts. Geez... I hope I get this obsessed over exercise. LOL. I think we will get better after we have our surgeries... you think?

Best wishes to everyone!!!!

Deb

If you look at the top posters they are all post opp...so I dunno! LOL! Ditto to hoping to get addicted to exercise!

I feel the same and I am only just starting the process. I am still waiting for Kasier to call to start things off.. It`s driving me nuts.

I with you! August 27th can't come soon enough:svengo:!!!