Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Observation

I was looking at my frozen dinner thinking what alot of food that was!

It used to be a snack in between meals!!

Now i eat half for lunch and half for dinner!

I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 agree! i usually take 3/4 cup for a meal and it looks HUGE!!! before it would have been 4 bites in 5 seconds.

NO KIDDING! I am ALWAYS having to tell my husband that he's cooking way too much food. He can calculate our dinners as though they're for one adult and two children now, instead of the THREE adults and two children he used to figure on.

We're saving money, too!! ;)

Last night i was looking at the dinner plates and i served myself on a small bread plate like I do the kids and the exact same portion.The only difference is the kids each had seconds but i was full:)

Chantal

Boy, oh boy... I CANNOT wait to have restriction so I can experience this! You all are making me extremely jealous ;)

2 weeks away from my next fill and hoping I will finally have some restriction!

Thanks for sharing and giving me something to look forward to :eek:

Anne

I know what you mean Alex, I always blamed our high grocery shopping bill on food for the kids - since I've been banded we have saved 50 euro a week (about $55) since I've stopped throwing impulse purchases into the cart.... can you believe it? That's over $1200 since I've been banded! And that's not even taking into account how much we've saved on not eating out as much! Considering my surgery was self paid, ($6000) this operation will actually PAY for itself! Well, it would, if I didn't have this nasty new shoe addiction.....;)

It is amazing what one meal consists of now...how it became two or three meals...or in the case of me the past week...back to one meal...well not really but almost...

But it's a good thing I'm saving money on groceries because now I can fill up my SUV to run back and forth to Milwaukee (2 1/2 hour drive each way) to get back to my sweet spot...got a fill...was too tight...got an unfill and now I'm too loose and I want another fill so I'm tighter but not as tight as my fill before my unfill...did ya follow that?

Hey all!

sassaay - I'm in the same exact boat as you!! I read all of the posts about needing multiple fills, but I somehow convinced myself that I would be different. Not. I had 1cc and my appetite/hunger is still about 98% of what it was pre-surgery. I'm scheduled for another .5 fill next Thursday, so hopefully that will put me closer/ at my sweet spot. I can't wait until the day that I don't snicker at a frozen dinner as a weak appetizer. ;)

Fill my band doc!

Bob

When trying to explain the full feeling an PB to someone i explained that it's kinda like a plugged sink.If i try to eat after I am full everything bubbles up!Sure you can try to run water(eat)in the sink but it will sit there or overflow!!

C

Hi Chantal... Hey... does the band come with a plunger??? :cool:

I tell ya... the one things that is worrying me is the bread difficulties that most people seem to have... is there a type of bread that is less likely to cause the sink to overflow???? Does it ever go down once it plugs the opening... or does a person have to just hark it up? Man can not live on bread alone... but I think this girl could!

Darcy

Wellll,

there is a plunger but bandsters should avoid this at all costs...it's water.If i swallowed the last bite too fast and i am really stuck or way too full there is no way to explain the torture and a few sips of Water drank quickly over the toilet will bring the last few bites up very well.Doing this often is NOT recommended as it could cause the band to slip but once a few bites are up and away the relief is immediate.The trick is too eat slow and STOP once you feel full no matter how good the meal is!!!

The food does go down eventually but the point is to keep a comfortable amount in your 'small belly'to feel satisfied for a good 2-3 hours(this is were the fills come in)

I am tight and can manage bread occasionaly if i take small bites and eat slow,toast too but not a full slice just a few bites or else it's torture again!

Chantal

Originally posted by Mahoney

Hey all!

sassaay - I'm in the same exact boat as you!! I read all of the posts about needing multiple fills, but I somehow convinced myself that I would be different. Not. I had 1cc and my appetite/hunger is still about 98% of what it was pre-surgery. I'm scheduled for another .5 fill next Thursday, so hopefully that will put me closer/ at my sweet spot. I can't wait until the day that I don't snicker at a frozen dinner as a weak appetizer. :cool:

Fill my band doc!

Bob

Bob, the foreign doctors almost always make individual decisions about how much saline each patient needs. Many US doctors have decided to go by a fill schedule. I think it's stupid. Here's why: Let's say, that when it's all said and done, you're someone who will need 2.2 cc's of saline. The Mexican and European and I think Austrailian doctors do the fill under flouroscopy and get you as close to restricted as they can. They may need to tweak it once or twice. But, you'll be pretty close and need only tiny adjustments wheich they do "as needed."

Meanwhile, the "schedule" guys will put in 1 cc, then titrate you up 0.5 cc's at a time. That means it will take you three fills to get to 2.0, which won't be enough. And then, at the fourth fill, you'll get to 2.5, which will be too much. That will probably take about six months and it tends to drive the patients who do need over 2 cc's completely mad.

The doctors get frustrated and claim that the patient isn't trying and the patients get depressed and give up. I wish the schedule guys would convert to doing what their patients need and not going by some artifcial chart.

Excuse my rant. But now yu know that IN CASE this happens to you, to either get yourself to a doctor who isn't afraid to provide some restriction (which is how the flippin' band works) or to cut yourself some slck and not get depressed when it isn't your fault.

Sue

*a mom who nursed the baby when she was HUNGRY, not when the clock hit a certain time. (Because boobs have been around a lot longer than clocks, go figure.)

Darcy,

When my favorite fish restaurant brings the freshly baked little round loaf of sour dough bread, I immediately grab it and start searching for the very brown, slightly overcooked parts of the crust. (The part I used to hate.) I can have A LITTLE, with a lot of butter. But the doughy stuff just kills me.

Sue

Hmmm... Well... let the greiving process begin... goodbye fair bread of all types! Sandwiches be gone with you... *sigh* Parting will be difficult but a svelt bod clad in shorts and a sporty tee shall replace.... Look at the positive side Darcy... at least you never bought one of those fancy bread makers!

Thanks C and Sue...

Darcy