Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restruant Discount cards

I didn't receive a discount card, but did receive a card requesting I be allowed to order smaller quanties (such as child or senior menus).

I have used this a few times - Olive Garden is happy to comply, but their policies require you show the card.

My surgeon gave it to me.

You can find them on the internet. Just google "bariatric restaurant card" and you'll find several.

This is just my opinion, and it sounds harsh, I realize it, but honestly, for me it's the truth.

I do not use it. I wouldn't use it. They didn't charge me 3 times the amount when I ate enough for 3 people. I shouldn't expect them to charge me less because I chose to have surgery. Plus, the kid meal options typically suck nutrition-wise.

I order what I want (typically an appetizer, or soup/salad combo, or 2 veggies al a carte), get a to-go box if I order an entree with sides, and take it home for a couple of extra meals. We (my husband, or my son) share a meal to cut down on the leftovers in the fridge. It's just embarrassing to flash a card to a perfect stranger that pretty much says "hey, I had my stomach removed so I couldn't eat so much, please let me order off the kiddie menu." I'm not one for sharing my personal, medical history with a server/waitress.

thanks Tiffy, I found them on the OH forum but I have found so far the children'm menu isn'r what I want to order from and have been doing the appetizer thing too, guess I was just curious if alot of VSG'ers used them or not. I like the appetizer menu it's more creative. :confused1:

I use it sometimes when I want to order off the senior menu. Tiffy's right, The children's menu does not have healthy choices on it. The senior menu does have smaller portions of the other things on the menu. Most of the time I can order from it because I am 57 and a lot of them let you order from it if you are 55 . The ones I will use the card at are the ones that want you to be 62 or 65.

For the most part though, I order off the regular menu because I like left overs for lunch.

I would never use one. To me its no one else's business I had bariatric surgery. I would also not mind they left overs either.

I got my card yesterday and threw it away. You can buy anything a la carte from a restaurant. So, I decided not to use mine. Plus, I'd be embarrassed.