Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 1st Vacation-Post Op

I just went on my first vacation post-op and I survived! I even LOST 4 pounds:thumbup: It was so nice to just relax and enjoy my family. We had a great time and I only had one instance where my sleeve gave me a lil trouble (it was getting some lobster to go down) It was so nice to spend a whole day and not worry about food. I wasn't hungry and food was not constantly on my mind. It was FANTASTIC! I can honestly say that this was the best choice for me and I don't regret it one bit. We have 1 more trip coming up before the kids go back to school and i'm looking forward to it now that I know i'll be just fine sleeve and all:cool0:! Yeah for VSG!!!!

Just had my first vacation post op too! I am 5 weeks out and I decided I wasn't going to fret over what to eat and what kind of foods to bring with me etc....Everything worked out great! The hotel where we staying had plenty of restaurants and I had a little of everything....pizza, crab cakes, steamed shrimp, etc And.....I came home 4 pound lighter! After the second day I realized how much all of my previous vacations revolved around food! I was always planning what my next meal was going to be. This time I sat back enjoyed my "me" time while my teenagers were off doing their own thing, visited with old friends....and just generally enjoyed myself!

Glad to hear you both enjoyed your vacations and still lost weight. How cool is that?

Let me tell you, it was AWESOME!! It was great to not be thinking about food the whole time, to be able to go out to great restaurants and eat and enjoy everything. I did try a glass of wine twice, but didn't drink more than a couple of sips (it didn't "sit" well), which is a major change for me - we usually go through at least one bottle during dinner. Certainly save alot on the bill, except my best friend felt obligated to drink my share too!

That is definitely one thing I will miss -- wine... We used to order a bottle for dinner.. We are going on a cruise in November (I got sleeved in June) and I hope to be able to at least try a glass...

Congrats to you!

I was out of town last week at a volleyball camp with our varsity team. The scale did not move at all. Must have been that lovely college food. lol Was hard to find any real Protein - and it was scary to eat the mystery meat!

We leave for a cruise and will spend a few days in Orlando next week. I am thinking I will get pretty frustrated at dinner ... have put everyone on notice tho that they have to order what I want to eat so I can have bites of their meals! : )

Hoping I will not gain after being out of town for 2 more weeks!

I am on vacation now. First week was in a hotel so I made sure I got a fridge and microwave. I was in my 4th week so I went to the grocery store and stocked up on cottage cheese, greek yogurt, pudding, watermelon, creamy Soups and Water. I also brought some of my Protein shakes and mixes with me. I am now in my 5th week (graduated to soft solids) and staying in a timeshare. Went to the grocery store again and got all of the above foods plus tuna fish, tilapia, peas, canned peaches and pears and some deli meat. This has been much easier than I imagined, even those times when we ate out - you can always find Soup, eggs, oatmeal or fruit.

I used the gym at the hotel several nights and am getting lots of walking in during sight seeing. I have no idea how much I have lost since I haven't had access to a scale. However I feel like a winner no matter what the scale says!!