Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do YOU eat in a typical day?

breakfast...coffee..with soy milk

eas Protein shake..110 cals...17g Protein 5 carbs

snack turkey..sliced 3 ounces.

lunch tuna canned 4 ounces

afternoon eas Protein Shake

dinner tuna or turkey sliced

snack 1/2 cup yogurt with vanilla flavor and splenda

64 ounces of Water.

sometimes i put a bit of mayo or hummus on my tuna/turkey

and i have a tablespoon of Peanut Butter in my yogurt...

but this is a typical day for me at 4 months out...

if i want a treat i have a piece of sugar free candy...in the evening..hard candy..butterscotch or whatever...

i'm happy eating really plain food...i like eating my protein just plain...

I met with a nutritionist today for the first time. She developed a meal plan for me, with substitutions. She did say that very well cooked vegetables are safe at this point, NO raw vegetables, and that I need to increase my fat intake to help with satiety. She said that eating strictly fat free foods all the time doesn't sit in your stomach long at all and will cause hunger sooner. And last, I've been really overdoing it on carbs, causing my insulin and blood sugar to spike, so all refined carbs are out, but 100% whole grain light bread is okay and fruit is also. I feel better that I'm on the right track now!

So so you write down everything you eat? I am concerned because I do not feel I am getting enough Protein yet (how many grams are you eating a day?). I know I am eating the wrong foods too which scares me a lot! It just seems the the crunchy stuff goes down so much better and I can eat more of that stuff....like chips. I have got to get myself together!!! I have lost somewhere around 55 lbs but I want to lose about 20-25 more and I am not loosing much anymore. I go up and down between 164 and 166. chicken is very hard for me to get down. Other meats seems to be easier. It seems if I chew everything else good enough, I should be chewing chicked enough! I really do not want to go backwards but I am finding that old habit die hard. Anyone got any advice for me???

Deb,

The chicken thing is pretty common, it doesn't work for me either, I've crock potted it, grilled it and it just doesn't work for me. There are several sites to track your food, lots of people like the daily plate.com My fave is obesityhelp.com Tracking really helps keep me aware and I think not being aware was one of the ways I gained weight. As for Protein I try to do a minimum of 70g of protein. I try to keep my carbs below 30. I keep my calories between 600-800 calories daily. For each pound you want to lose you need to have a deficit of 3500 calories. Even if you only maintain a deficit of 500 calories daily you will lose a pound per week. Keep it up you can get there!

Jillian, did I misunderstand you? You had surgery in May and have already hit your goal?>

So so you write down everything you eat? I am concerned because I do not feel I am getting enough Protein yet (how many grams are you eating a day?). I know I am eating the wrong foods too which scares me a lot! It just seems the the crunchy stuff goes down so much better and I can eat more of that stuff....like chips. I have got to get myself together!!! I have lost somewhere around 55 lbs but I want to lose about 20-25 more and I am not loosing much anymore. I go up and down between 164 and 166. chicken is very hard for me to get down. Other meats seems to be easier. It seems if I chew everything else good enough, I should be chewing chicken enough! I really do not want to go backwards but I am finding that old habit die hard. Anyone got any advice for me???

I keep somewhat of a journal but i don't write down everything down to the number of spoonfuls, and if i have a few sugar free hard candies i dont write that in.. I am getting over 100 grams of Protein a day. I eat South Beach Diet bars and a lot of beef Jerky, and I make chocolate pudding with sugar free Jello pudding mix, but substitute EAS chocolate Protein shakes for the milk, which makes it almost pure protein. The crunchy stuff also goes down really easy for me, chips, popcorn, crackers, that kindof stuff... i could probably sit and eat a whole bag of chips before feeling full, it does nothing to me. I'm trying to stay away from that stuff now. Greek yogurt is high in protein. I had a barbeque sandwich tonight, normal amount of meat but only half of the bun, and the pork digested well and has left me full. I just make sure that whenever i eat, whatever meal it is has a good source of protein in it.

Why don't you do the "cottage cheese pouch test" and see how big your pouch actually is? Take new cottage cheese container, eat as much as you can within 5 minutes until FULL and then stop, add Water to the cottage cheese container from a 2 cup measuring cup (full) until the cottage cheese container is back to the full line and see how many ounces you ate. Need to eat quickly and within 5 minutes.

Thanks for that Crafty Christie - some good meal ideas! I was getting really tired of all stuff I have been trying to eat and ran out of "creative" ideas!

Breakfast: 1 scoop of Bariatric Protein shake with entire mango and 1/4 c strawberries.

Lunch: 1 1/2 chicken Select Strips for McDonalds (couldn't finish the rest)

Dinner: 3 oz. Mahi Mahi with mango sauce over it, and 1/4 c broccoli.

At 16 weeks, I still can't get very much down.

JillianMarie,

How did this issue turn out for you? I was sleeved in August of 2011 and can eat big meals like you. And my sleeve was tiny so I am confused.

Thanks,

Big Mike

There's your big problem, the diet coke. The carbonation stretches the stomach.

I appreciate this web site so much. I've lost 82 pounds in seven months. I enjoy caffeine free Diet coke and Pepsi and Fresca nearly every day. My stomach is tiny and cannot change in a few months. I feel full after a McDonald's McDouble. That's about my limit. Yes I still drink my Protein shakes every day. Isopure ZERO CARB is great because it is low sodium and so I have no appetite as long as I stay low sodium.

I can eat about 4 inches of a Subway 6 inch grinder.

I hope this helps.

Big Mike

yeah, I'd sure like to know what happened to Jillian.