Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i had the band for 2 years and hated it after the first year. i did everything i was suppose to and it caused me nothing but problems. a fill / unfill every few weeks caused me to gain weight and then lose a small bit. i felt like it was just a yo-yo diet. finally, the band was unfilled to get ready for my revision and i gained some weight.

now i'm almost a month out with my sleeve. yes, i love it. yes, i'm happy i made this choice. however, i can't help but feel like i'm going to fail with the sleeve as well.

i think i'm in my first stall. yes, i know they're common. i had them with the band. i just didn't think i would have one so soon. but i'm not beating myself up about it......yet.

i sometimes think that i'm not destined to loose this weight. i am currently 184 and would like to lose 50lbs - if not more.

i'm currently sick with a massive sinus infection and have felt like crap for the last few days. i dont know if this has something to do with my current mood or not. i just wanted to get on here and get my thoughts out.

i've voiced my concerns to my husband and he's been great - he tells me i'm not going to fail and that i'm doing a great job so far.......gotta love that man.

has anyone else felt they were going to fail with the sleeve? or is it just me and my sicky mood? :)

Edited by mommytoethan
spelling

I think when you look at how much you have to lose it is daunting and feels like you'll never get there. Break it down into smaller increments and it'll feel achievable. When I am feeling ill it is always a bit bleaker than when I'm feeling in control of my health. Good luck and hang in there, you're still learning the ropes!

Yes, I feel like that frequently. Especially right now because I think I've entered the three week stall. I try to give myself pep talks, but it is hard! I too deep down feel like I'm going to fail at this too and it will be "just another one of the diets" that didn't work type of a thing. Logically, I tell myself that it won't happen this time, but after so many attempts and so many failures it is hard to get out of that thinking. So, I totally understand how your feeling.:thumbup:

I have those concerns too ... Not with losing the weight, but keeping it off. Part of my family keeps telling me stories of people they know that have "gained it all back" like it is inevitable for me - like they are just waiting for me to be fat again like they are. Luckily, my husband and kids are very supportive. I am trying very hard to focus on the support and not the stories. But, after so many years of failure (read as regain), it is hard to really believe I have finally conquered obesity.

Well, there is my vent ... Back to focusing on the things that keep me successful and on the right track.

I think we may all be guilty of doubting ourselves. But we can do this...WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS! I think MommaofYoppers gave us all good advice, break down your goals into small increments.

I can't wait to hear that you've met your 1st goal!

Remember, WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS!!!

Lovingly,

monica:001_tongue:

I'm in the middle of a bad sinus infection too and it has severely impaired my emotional state and ability to focus on what I'm doing in terms of postop healing, diet, and exercise. I've been like a bump on a log for the last week and a half.

I went to the doctor yesterday and just flat out told the doctor that I can only eat 2 tablespoons at a time and I can't be having a bunch of mucus in my stomach making me nauseous and causing me to throw up, like it did the other day. I don't think I've ever been so happy to walk out with a prescription as I was yesterday. I know that once I get this sinus infection cleared, I'll be so much more clear headed, energized, and able to exercise. My antibiotics are in capsule form and go down just fine.

I hope you're able to get your infection cleared soon because I'm sure it will make a big difference on your outlook. As for failing, all we can do is try. And this is the ULTIMATE try! We will succeed! :biggrin0:

I'm in the middle of a bad sinus infection too and it has severely impaired my emotional state and ability to focus on what I'm doing in terms of postop healing, diet, and exercise. I've been like a bump on a log for the last week and a half.:

I was sick right after my surgery on 6/15 too and I felt miserable, depressed and just plain cranky. I vomited several times because of all the mucous. In fact I just started feeling human yesterday. Take it slow. Your body has had a double whammy. Major surgery and an upper respiratory infection. Even if you hadn't just had the sleeve you would feel ill, so give yourself some time to recover. Just focus on the fluids for now and stay hydrated. If you can tolerate the chewable Vitamins use them. They helped me. Last week I felt so ill and weak that I could not even do 1 minute on my ellipse machine. I though I was going to collapse. I just did 10 minutes. Not great but a big improvement. Take it slow.

I think we all go through this thought process. Myself included, but not too often. I take/took (almost to goal) comfort in knowing I have never heard of anyone fail with the sleeve. Hang in there, chin up, it's going to work, unless you totally sabotage yourself, there is no option but for it to work. Smile!

C