Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Sleeve or gastric plication

Hi everyone! :blink:

My name is MaryAnn and I Booked with BeLiteWeight to get the Super Sleeve (gastric plication) on July 12, 2010 :whoo:with Dr. Rodriguez in Tijuana Mexico. I have seen on a few different Threads people talking about the super sleeve and now that there are more people out there getting the Super Sleeve I thought I would start its own form.

Here is why I am getting the Super Sleeve:

*Less Invasive *No cutting or re-routing of any internal organs *No leakage issues *No foreign implants *Fast recovery

Here is a link about the Super Sleeve:

http://www.promedica.com.gr/erevna_en.htm

I love reading what everyone has written B) and I cant wait for next week so that I can start my own story to share :gossip: with you.

Hi I am new to VST and so thankful for ALL OF THIS GREAT INFO and THOSE SHARING THEIR THOUGHTS & EXPERIENC! I want to find out everything I can about Gastric Plication Surgery. 1) Where & when did it originate? 2) Approximately how many people have had this surgery worldwide/US? 3) Please tell me your experience if you had it.. 4) Any links to articles I can research? (Found a few, but hungry for more..) 5) Anything about PRE & POST OP diet I would love to know.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I am 34 with BMI of 32, got about 60lbs to lose. My parents are obese and I've been told another 20lbs=diabetes most likely for me. I have tried to eat way less and make my stomach smaller..it is helping, but I am realistic that it definitely isn't the same as surgery. This new procedure sounds perfect and like a decision made much easier! I've been considering WLS for about a month now.. How long does the average person take to think about it and then schedule?

Hi ,

I had the same surgery on the same day, but with Dr. Corvala in T.J. I have lost 16 lbs. Will you pls. tell me what you are doing as far as foods, recording what you eat or not, amount of Protein? are you totally excluding any foods? You are losing at a great pace and I would love to know any tips you might offer. K. B.

Amy, Sorry it has taken me so long. I never got an email when you posted. And even worse my computer is down right now since my charger broke. As soon as I get the new charger I will write you. It is hard to give all the detail I would like to give you while writing on my iPhone.

Fit, I don't eat carb based things like bread and Pasta. I have an ap on my iPhone that I keep record of food in take but I haven't been very good at always keeping up with it. Since I don't eat bread it makes it easier to eat more protien but I'm still having some issues getting all my needed protien in. One thing I did learn the hard way is do not eat fresh carrots. I guess some how I missed that memo and let me tell you I was in a ton of pain for over 24 hours!! I think it will be that way with any fresh vegs so make sure they are soft.

Thanks for the update, Melli. Yes, I think more people need to know about the fiberious fresh veggies might cause pain. From what I've heard, most people can eat anything they want in tiny portions once healed, but it can vary. However, I had my nurse consult with Dr. Watkins nurse and she mentioned to me that things like oranges, pinapple, asperagus, fiberious veg/fruits could cause really bad pain-I didn't know it would be for 24 hours-OUCH! I am sorry you had to go through that.

She also mentioned that another thing that new patient might run into is going out with friends while eating.. you are eating, they ask a question, you swallow to answer to quickly....(and forget to chew throughly..pain!)

I am sure it will get better, but all of that is good to know.

Do you stay full till the next meal?

When I feel hungry between meals it almost always is really that I'm thirty. Once I drink something I'm fine. If drinking something doesn't do the trick I eat a snack and I'm good. I don't get too down on myself since my four or five small meals a day are still less than half of what I use to eat with my three big meals a day (and I still snacked then).

That is good to know.. and isn't it exciting!!! HALF of what you used to eat! I am SO EXCITED! Can't wait to have this power weightloss tool!

Wow looks like you are moving right along!! Is your current weight 151 lbs?

Thank you!! As of today I am 148 but I can't update yet since my computer is down. I just have my iPhone right now and all i can do is reply.

Thank you!! As of today I am 148 but I can't update yet since my computer is down. I just have my iPhone right now and all i can do is reply.

Ok, I'm new here so which surgery did you do and when? I'm trying to decide between plication and sleeve?? I know you look great but how did you feel? What was your process like? Thanks so much for any input:confused1:

Hi everyone! :confused1:

My name is MaryAnn and I Booked with BeLiteWeight to get the Super Sleeve (gastric plication) on July 12, 2010 :whoo:with Dr. Rodriguez in Tijuana Mexico. I have seen on a few different Threads people talking about the super sleeve and now that there are more people out there getting the Super Sleeve I thought I would start its own form.

*Less Invasive *No cutting or re-routing of any internal organs *No leakage issues *No foreign implants *Fast recovery

http://www.promedica.com.gr/erevna_en.htm

I love reading what everyone has written :001_wub: and I cant wait for next week so that I can start my own story to share :gossip: with you.

Hi there,

I was wondering if you can give me a update on how the surgery went and your weight now??

I would love to hear from you!

Lisa~

Hi everyone! :blink:

I love reading what everyone has written B) and I cant wait for next week so that I can start my own story to share :gossip: with you.

Hi Mary Ann,

I am to have surgery with Dr. Rodreguez January 25th. I was going to have the Plication Sleeve. Debra the person I am talking to is now telling me I should have the VSG because they are not having the results with the Plication that they would like. The results are more like the band surgery.

How are you getting along and what kind of weight have you lost. Would you recommend the Plication?

Jean

has anyone gotin the gastric pliation surgery done in Tijuana MEXICO I;AM THINKING ABOUT IT BUT I;AM A LILITTLE SCARED TO GO TO TJ.MEXICO

I'm not sure what is wrong with my emails but I'm not getting emails anymore when ppl post on my threads. I'm not sure what the deal is.

So I hit goal finally and now I'm even a little under! I have gone from my highest of a size 20 to now I'm a size 4/6. I have the super sleeve and I love it! I'm also the person on beliteweights webpage taking about the super sleeve.

I have heard of people having issue and I even had my stalls but I'm pretty happy with hitting goal after only 5 months!

If you have any questions and I'm taking too long to reply back my email is Mellifrits@yahoo.com