Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your first month like?

I need some encouragement. I read that people feel hungry, have energy, etc. I had my sleeve exactly 3 weeks ago and I feel like crap.

I have had a cough and tons of post nasal drip since the surgery and nothing is helping. This morning I vomited due to the excess mucous.

I have NO desire to eat or drink and force every sip and mouthful. I am so weak, tired and irritable. It is a huge effort just to dry my hair! If I do not feel any better next week my PCP is going to run blood work.

I did not expect to feel great but I really did not expect to feel this way. I am getting scared that I will never want to eat anything again.:scared0:

I started taking a multi ivtamin and B12. I got sick on the Calcium so I will wait awhile for that.

I am just getting concerned because others seem to feel hungry and have tons of energy and I just feel sick and tired and discouraged. I am beginning to regret the whole thing :)

The first month for me was rough. My first week I was in more pain than most seem to experience. The second week I was very sore. I did not have problems with vomitting or keeping things down, but I was tired. I know just what you mean! I didn't even dry my hair, or if i did i had to take a nap after. It'd take me 2 hours just to shower dry and dress. My advice would be take it easy, and don't forget your Vitamins. It does get better. Six months out I have twice the energy i did pre-surgery. Blood work may be a good idea. I wasn't anemic ever in my life before surgery, but found out after that first month I was and the Iron supplement has been the key for me. Keep us updated!

I'm so sorry you are going through this Delawaregle. Are you getting most of your Protein in? If not, try to get as much of that as possible. Also, being dehydrated will make you feel like crap too. so try to get in Water as much as possible. Hang in there!:)

Delawaregal -

So sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. I do agree that first month is not great. I really had no problems at all but did not have a ton of energy like I normally do. That was probally the hardest for me - I just couldn't accomplish in a day what I normally do. It took about 8-9 weeks before I felt like myself energy wise. But I promise you it does get better and your energy will increase. I now have my normal energy level back - I work fulltime, bike about 15 miles every day and also try to get in a brisk 3 mile walk. As for your not being hungry I have never really felt hungry per se but certainly always look forward to eating even in the beginning. I would just advise you to keep trying to get your protien in and really focus on staying hydrated.

Hang in there!!

Frankie

VSG 3/22/10

Dr Aceves

I am 3 weeks out and I am only starting to feel human again. I had a really really rough first few days and was in all sorts of pain. Then 2 weeks out I felt great! I went back to work and must have pulled something on my left side because I have been practically bed ridden for the last week! But then today I woke up and felt a million dollars (well maybe a few thousand).

I still have to have a nana nap when I come from work and I feel like I am eating all day trying to get all this Protein in 2oz lots, but have had not vomiting etc. I felt REALLY bad until I started getting in my fluids, and it made a WORLD of difference!!!

Im feeling really positive though because the scales are saying things I could have only dreamed about!

Hang in there, everything worth fighting for is hard!

i am just starting my second week postop. i am experiencing more soreness the second week than i did the first, i do feel more tired. im just trying to rest more, i know it will get better

I am 3 weeks out and I am only starting to feel human again. I had a really really rough first few days and was in all sorts of pain. Then 2 weeks out I felt great! I went back to work and must have pulled something on my left side because I have been practically bed ridden for the last week! But then today I woke up and felt a million dollars (well maybe a few thousand).

I still have to have a nana nap when I come from work and I feel like I am eating all day trying to get all this Protein in 2oz lots, but have had not vomiting etc. I felt REALLY bad until I started getting in my fluids, and it made a WORLD of difference!!!

Im feeling really positive though because the scales are saying things I could have only dreamed about!

Hang in there, everything worth fighting for is hard!

Good Lord. That almost could have been my post. Week one I felt like death. I honestly felt like I had a terrible case of the flu. I went to the doctor for blood work and all was fine. She said I was dehydrated and needed to get my Water in. I really focused on it and day 11 I woke up feeling better. I went back to work a few days later as a Realtor. I held an open house and when it was done, I went to pull my signs and OUCH. I thought I had pulled something. According to the doctor it was the nerves growing around my scar tissue. I was bedridden for 11 days and was only not in pain when I laid on my right side. It was burning pain to even go to the bathroom.

I was able to return to work yesterday. I went to a meeting that lasted 3 hours. 3 hours of sitting. I came home and took a 2 hour nap. However, my pain level is much better and my energy level is do-able. It is getting better. I am one month out on the 9th and down 30 pounds. I eat just fine. I actually went through a bout of being hungry all the time and I think it was due to my TOM. Now that that is almost over, I am not hungry like that anymore.

I try to remember this: It only gets better. Right?