Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ June Chat

3loves...I also feel restricted and am scheduled for my first fill on the 27th, not sure if I want/need one. It is also hard for me to eat slowly; I've always been the fastest one in my family to eat.

Let me ask this...when I swallow say a pill and it gets stuck, I feel it in my throat. Is that where everyone else feels it? It just seems funny to me that if it gets stuck and doesn't go down to the opening in my stomach, then there is something wrong with my throat. I've never brought anything back up like slime everyone experiences. I'm just eating small meals and chew a lot.

Hey Everyone,

Wow, we've added to our numbers! There are over a hundred of us now!

I had a great trip to California! I got home about 4 hours ago and decide to have a little snack before bed and now I have had my first bout of SLIMING, PBing (that name doesn't do it justice) and I am still painfully STUCK!

I had a couple of bits of thin sliced deli turkey breast. I guess I didn't chew enough. I can usually eat pretty much anything as long as I chew. Anyway, this sucks. No slight pressure and dainty burping up food. This is really painful, I can't swallow the slime my body is actively producing so I have to run to the bathroom to spit every couple of minutes. I have tried hard not to vomit, but, this has been so painful and nauseating, I couldn't help it.

After two PB's, I think the offending food might be out, but, I am still afraid to swallow because I still sound kind of gurgly.

I guess it's back to liquids for the next 24 hours!

OK, I think I'm ok now so I am off to bed. Thanks for helping me through this, even though most of you are probably sleeping soundly and won't read this until tomorrow.

It's good to be home - In Idaho and on LBT!!!!!!!!!

Welcome home, Linda. I hope today finds you feeling better!

Can i ask 'how' you all eat? Do you get 3/4 cup food prepared and consume only that amount during a 20 minute period, or do you eat slowly until you're full? Or are there other creative/inventive ways you eat? Please share with me...with us!

Thanks for all your help...if only I could get this kind of support from a bra! :)

Tomorrow is my big day! I see the Dr. for a fill and six week follow-up. I am not sure about a fill yet, I still have a lot of restriction. I can eat my ounce of food every 4 hours and am just satisfied. My problem lately is getting my last Protein Drink in. It seems like I get everything else done for the day go to bed then I wake up an it dawns on me that I forgot my drink. I think I will start having it mid afternoon that way I will remember it. I want to join a gym. I see a lot of you have, but I am so afraid about being in public where it is mixed sexes working out. I really want to hire a trainer. Last night I pulled out a box of clothes that were from a cruise that we took three years ago and I can get them on comfortably but can not zip them due to my stomach. Ever since I had my hysterectomy I have lost muscle tone . I really need to work on it. We do have a small gym just up the road from us that I may go check out. I do go to curves three times a week and also work out on the treadmill 30-45 min daily. SO I am getting exercise. I so happy to see that all us May-banders are doing so well. It is exciting!

Susan: I will be thinking of you and your mom as you travel south. I understand that this is a hard time for you. You be in my prayers.

Enjoy what you can of this trip! and the bonding time with your mom!

3loves: congrats on the 12 lbs!!! that is great!

as for my green grass... 16-16-16 fertilizer. every 4 weeks. We mow it every other day! yep! I do have some dusty miller! but it is not in the pictures (lol) if I can keep the dear little bunnies from eating my dahlias I will be happy!!!

Hi All,

I am feeling much better today! I am a little sore in the chest area so, I am slowly nursing a Protein shake this morning.

Trip2B: I will get my first fill this week. I eat between 1 - 2.5 cups of food at a sitting and I eat when I get hungry which is usually 2-4 hours after I eat depending on how much I have eaten. My doctor said when I have proper restriction I should be able to eat only about 1 cup of food. I'm not sure how many meals/snacks yet. I'll let you know.

Im having major issues with stopping drinking while eating..i cant stand not to wash my food down or out of my mouth! ick!

I know i have to get over it and stop but GEEZE LOUISE its hard to do!:)

Linda -- I'm glad you are feeling better. I know that horrible feeling and why they call it a "productive burp", I have no clue. It's more like a SHPDMT -- "shove a hot poker down my throat" .:omg:

Christy -- As for drinking with your meal --- I too, don't like having the food taste left in my mouth. :speechles So what I've been doing is taking a VERY small sip of Water when I'm done, swishing it around and drinnking that. It doesn't seem to harm anything and I don't have that "aftertaste" left in my mouth. Or if I'm home, the first thing after eating, I go brush my teeth. I'm going to have the whitest teeth of everyone I know here pretty soon. :) I should start taking a toothbrush with me to work, that way I'm not tempted to drink there either.

has to be my hardest obstacle. I love to drink with my meals.....lately, I have been trying to get used to no drinks or just baby sips if needed....but I understand your frustration....it is really hard to change our eating habits.

Hopefully, we will get used to it....as it is for our benefit not to wash away the food into the main stomach and lose the fullness feeling in our pouch which we went to great lengths to get in the first place!!!!

big hugs....and small sips.....LOL....Diane : )

Let me ask this...when I swallow say a pill and it gets stuck, I feel it in my throat. Is that where everyone else feels it?

Yep, I get this feeling too. I don't thing it is actually stuck, although it does have that feeling. I think it rubs the inside of my throat. Does anyone else know if that's possible? I hate taking my Effexor b/c of it. The pills aren't coated and I need a lot of Water to get them to go down. Glad to hear I'm not alone on this.

Better late than never.....

Folks we have a super star among us. I want to give a GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS to mychevygirl a.k.a. DeAnn!!! She was the sole winner of the Gone for Good Club for the month of May. :clap2: What a lovely badge of honor on your signature line!!! WAY TO GO GIRL....we are proud of you!!!

:) :whoo: :) :rockon: :):humble: :cheer2: :) :)

Linda ~ I was going to try some turkey breast tonight.....maybe I'll hold off. I'm a bit scared after your experience. Glad to hear that you are doing better. Bless you heart....pamper yourself.

Trip2beme ~ I "try" to eat slowly and stop when I'm full. Maybe I should try the timer thing to make sure I go slow.

DeAnn ~ Are you only able to eat 1 oz per meal? Put a lot of thought into getting a fill if you are that restricted. Great NSV on the 3 yr old clothes....that must feel wonderful!! :biggrin1: Thanks for the info on your yard. I will pass that info along.

Hi everyone. I'm not banded yet, but I did everything I needed to do

and now I'm just playing the sit game.

May Bandsters!

Good to find you.

I am surprised at what everyone is eating. I am a wimp. I currently am having a latte for Breakfast (just can't tolerate food in the morning), Protein shake at lunch, snack in afternoon (Soup or pudding) and I have just started mushies. My birthday dinner-1/2 crab cake and 1/2 lobster bisque. Ummm.

Don't yell at me for relying on my Protein Shake. I eat at work usually at a work station in public (I am staffing two jobs 3 days out of 5). I just can't risk missing a chew and PB'ing at work. I had ravioli (stuffed with roasted veggies and dressed with pesto sauce) and Asparagus. I find that I am fully satisfied with one half cup-soup to about one cup. I confess I am drinking with meals. Right now I want food to go through. I am having no difficulty hunger. I feel hunger but it is easily managed.

Can I tell you-I am thrilled. I really just love this.

Hey All,

Just thought I would check in. I had my first problem with eating wrong yesterday morning. (LindaV, you and I seem to be on the same schedule) I was in a hurry and ate a hard boiled egg too fast. (Up until that point I had eated hard boiled eggs but only by smashing them up and mixing them with a little mayo) After I ate it I took a swallow of liquid yogurt. I very soon had the "golf ball" in the chest and knew for sure what was coming. I gagged several times, then wretched a couple of times and got some of yogurt and a little egg up. As soon as I did that I felt fine and the whole episode only lasted a couple of minutes. It was not as bad as it could have been but definitely made me think about eating more slowly.

Then, today I had my first fill. My surgeon put 1.5 cc. in and had me drink some Water. It went down okay but he thought it went down a little more slowly than he liked so he poked me again and removed about half. Since I don't live in the same town as my surgeon, I am very comfortable with his filling me on the cautious side. Anyway, for those of you still waiting for your first fill, it is soooo simple and soooo painless.

He wants me to continue eating 2/3 of a cup at a meal (never more than one cup) and that hasn't been too big a problem for me so far. I seem to be satisfied with about that much food but for the last couple of weeks I have been getting hungry again within a couple of hours so hopefully this fill will hold off the hunger a little longer. If not, there is always the next fill.

Hope