Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That is soooo what I would have liked to have said! :thumbdown:

I agree - being overweight is NOT a crime (not that you would guess the amount of hysteria and discrimination around), neither is doing something about it.

Totally agree. Pat yourself on your gorgeous back for finding the solution and going for it. Good for you! x

Judy is right here. Basically there are loads of people in the world who are not on side. Find solace with us who understand what you are going through sweetheart, we do really care.

Jane xxx

I am with you, I think everyone has the same feelings now and then. I agree with everyone about not spending time with these feelings... I think of them as friends that are no longer welcome. You know them but you don't have to hang out with them anymore hahaha. :thumbdown: I am working on doubt too... I keep telling him that I don't have time right now to include doubt in my life so he should just shove off. ROFL Believe it or not it really works! :)

Right there with you on a gut (no pun intended) level, but intellectually and professionally, I know that obesity is a METABOLIC disease. If you had Type 1 diabetes, would you feel ashamed? The problem is, the larger medical community is only just STARTING to recognize obesity as a metabolic disease process, and general society is in the dark ages, putting out messages 24/7 that we are lazy, stupid, dirty, and free game to be ridiculed. We are pioneers, my friends, and as the last minority to suffer publicly-sactioned bigotry and discrimination, we WILL overcome.

Did that sound preachy? :thumbdown:

Hey Monica, June 22nd sleeve sister. I hope things are getting better for you as we end out Day 7 post op. I have had some dark moments myself since surgery but I'm starting to come out of the dark and into brighter moments throughout the day. I think your feelings are totally normal and luckily you can come here and express them. Even though it's been a slower process for me than for others, I'm already proof that it does get better. So, if you haven't turned the corner yet, know that you will soon. Keep your head up and keep logging in and posting until you start feeling better. Don't stay down in that hole by yourself. We'll help you come out!

Kisu...i totally agree with you. I have felt they same way. I am scheduled for surg in Aug and am dealing with the pre surg justifications....here is me needing to make my tummy smaller so i can be thin and healthy when there is starving people out there that would give thier left leg for food...something kinda wrong about that isnt there? :thumbup1:

I think the people who SHOULD be ashamed are the people who say fat people have no willpower and are generally the scum of the earth. Fat women get the worst of it. If I had a dime for every time I've heard some denigrating statement about an obese woman (or a woman who's THIN with a bit of cellulite, or someone who had kids and now has a bit of a belly, etc etc), I'd have my WLS paid for...The "no willpower" thing is such a crock of $^&^. I used to work full-time and go to school full-time, all while achieving top-notch grades so I could get into medical school. I moved out of my parents' home when I was 16 and went to another country alone...all these things demand a LOT of willpower. I have lots of "willpower" when it comes to other things - whether resisting something or subjecting myself to something. I have a friend who's an MD/PhD and is obese. It's just absurd that society considers her some sort of worthless blob because she's fat. What the hell!?

So I'm 5 days out and feeling shame!

Shame on me that I couldn't learn to control what I ate and allowed myself to become morbidly obese!

Shame on me because now I'm here sipping DISGUSTING Protein shakes because I couldn't control what I ate!

Shame on me, there are so many healthy & delicious foods that I chose not to eat enough of and chose the others!

Shame on me, now I'm laying here with less than 20% of my stomach. WTH!!!??

Shame on me. RANT OVER.

Just had to get it off my bloated chest/stomach!!! LOL

Have any of you felt this way?

Lovingly,

monica:001_tongue:

Absolutely!! 4 days out I thought I made a huge mistake! I was crying! But one sentence out of my husbands mouth and I felt better and it was over. You are no longer going to be a high risk of health problems. My mother passed because of obesity and uncontrollable eating. You will be able to eat all those healthy things very very soon. I am 3 weeks out and on mushies and I am sooooooo happy. I eat delicious Soups that are pureed. I eat slow and I am full! I still do my favorite thing and eat in front of the TV but I am full!!!!! And I am happy and down 25 pounds. Don't worry you did the right thing. You will eat great food just less of it! Congratulations, you among the lucky few who have been sleeved!:lol0:

I know everyone tells you with each day you'll feel better. I'm a logical person, I know it'll get better. AND IT HAS!

So, today I went to drop off my son at camp and felt good among the other moms.

I'm still morbidly obese, but I felt "thin." Know what I mean, that light feeling.

Needless to say, the is shame has left the building!

Lovingly,

monica:001_tongue:

Gosh I want some ribs!!! LOL:tongue_smilie:

I think the people who SHOULD be ashamed are the people who say fat people have no willpower and are generally the scum of the earth. Fat women get the worst of it. If I had a dime for every time I've heard some denigrating statement about an obese woman (or a woman who's THIN with a bit of cellulite, or someone who had kids and now has a bit of a belly, etc etc), I'd have my WLS paid for...The "no willpower" thing is such a crock of $^&^. I used to work full-time and go to school full-time, all while achieving top-notch grades so I could get into medical school. I moved out of my parents' home when I was 16 and went to another country alone...all these things demand a LOT of willpower. I have lots of "willpower" when it comes to other things - whether resisting something or subjecting myself to something. I have a friend who's an MD/PhD and is obese. It's just absurd that society considers her some sort of worthless blob because she's fat. What the hell!?

I have plenty of 'will power' too, it was just the 'wont power' I was lacking!

:o

well i think this is normal, i have thought over the years, gosh darn it why can't i just eat less , well i can but not forever, that is the problem for me it is not weight loss it is keeping it off, and i think that is where the struggle lies. i tell myself do i really need to have yet another surgery (lapband) oh gosh, my little ones, but the weight gain over this last year with the band complications is tough, i still think i can do it without anything, but i know i can't, does that make me weak? well if morbid obesity is a disease logic says we need to treat the disease and if NIH and so many others say that surgery is the only lasting effect then that is my thinking, but is it logical? not sure, it is still a difficult thing for me, but right now i have a mess to deal with, so it is fresh, and continues to linger in my mind (band complications, emptied, surgery 4/26 new band, hernia repair, new band never filled, erosion now, waiting for removal surgery 7/12 then wait 3-6 months for esophagus to heal, erosion is probably the easiest thing to heal as i have significant damage as i am in my 8th lapband year) so for me it i think about it, but i have made peace with the fact that this is a disease state like anything else, to not do anything is iresponsible for me and the kids, i am trying to do what is best for me, even if my family (siblings) don't and never have supported me on this "surgery that is not necessary" as "i can just eat less"-----ok ranting....

Mila