Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I guess I need to be hit in the head! It was pretty slow loss (if any) for almost 2 months. Decided to listen to my nutritionist and start writing down all my food. I even started using myfitnesspal.com found out I was eating way too many carbs and not enough Protein. Even though my calories were still low I just assumed I would still lose weight. Well I DIDN'T!!!!!! Kept track for three days and kept carbs under 30 and Protein above 80 and I lost 6 lbs.!!!!! OK so it takes me awhile to catch on......got it now!!!

weight.png

Yahoo!!!! You go girl.

I hate, hate, hate logging what I eat!!! And any dieticians knew that they couldn't ask it of me because I wasn't going to do it. That being said, I find it much easier now than before because I don't eat much of anything so it isn't that hard to keep track.

Congratulations on your epiphany!

Terrie

I hate tracking too but it brings a calm to me now since being sleeved that i have never felt before, really! I feel lost when I can't log my meal plan in the morning. I am very schedule oriented and now having targets for all of my nutrition each day is just like me and checklists, something else I can say "Yep, I accomplished that today!" Sounds silly but I actually feel more accomplished when I have worked hard at my job, kept my kids fed and cared for AND logged my food each day.

Great job! I too am keeping my carbs under 30 g per day! And today I got off my buttocks and walked 2 miles, I finally had the energy AND the want to do so!

I was using an app on my iphone for the pre-op diet and as soon as I am off the post op liquids will use it to track my carbs and Protein.< /p>

You didn't ask me, but here's my answer anyway for a typical day. :thumbup1:

- 1 Bariactrics Advantage Meal Replacement shake (27g). That's Breakfast for me.

- 1 Kroger carb control yogurt (12g).

- 1 ready-to-drink Protein supplement (EAS AdvantEDGE carb control) (17g).

- 1 real food something small, like an egg or some cottage cheese. (7g)

- Half a 20oz Isopure Plus Zero Carb drink. (20g for 10oz) It's actually OK after a walk in the heat.

I'm still in the mushies stage.

Given how little real food I can take (like 1 scrambled egg or a fourth of a cup of refried beans), it would be difficult for me to get to 70g or 80g of Protein without supplements. On the other hand, I can drink liquid forever, so the supplements are no problem.

it takes me over 2 hours to get a 14oz shake. By then its luch time and have no room to eat..so try tiny bit of chili or something. Then do Protein wafer Protein Bar cause it goes down pretty easy. Feel there not enough time in day and then to add water...ohhh boy its hard. def dont think im getting enough Water 64oz maybe half that on a good day!:thumbup1:

I realize I need to focus on eating so here is what I eat:

Breakfast:

1/2 c. cottage cheese & 1/3 chicken breast

lunch:

2 oz pork & 1/2 c. cottage cheese

Dinner:

1/3 chicken breast & 1/2 c. cottage cheese

Snack: soy chip throughout the day 7 grams of Protein for 19 chips!

Evening snack: Yup!!! 1/2 c. cottage cheese!!

Yes I do really like cottage cheese.....I doctor it up a little, for Breakfast i drizzle a little maple Syrup on it

lunch is lots of pepper and dinner is a small drizzle of french or even italian dressing ....changes the taste so it isn't boring. I also do 45 minutes of exercise every other day. I know this isn't forever but for now it works for me!

weight.png

I use myfitnesspal app on my Iphone, I hear it works on the droid, and blackberries as well. It's a free app, and is fabulous.