Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much yogurt should I expect to be able to eat?

I start full liquids stage this Sunday, which includes yogurt, applesauce, cream Soups, etc. I am wondering how much I should be able to eat at one sitting? Will I be able to finish a 4oz yogurt cup or will that be too much? Just thinking ahead, and looking very forward to some additional variety in my meals!!!!

Nicole

I wasn't able to! I truly was at the 2oz limit for a long time. Even now, depending on what I am eating, it is somewhere between 2-4 oz. I can get down an 11oz Protein Drink in less than an hour tho! yahoo! : )

You really won't want to eat more than that - or you will likely be uncomfortable. If I took 2 oz, I expected to finish it. There were times that the last 2 bites put me over the limit. It is definitely a learning challenge figuring out how much is too much. I have never vomited but have felt like I wanted to!

Most partially finished yogurts, etc went bad before I ever finished them.

Congrats tho! Sounds like you are off to a great start!

At the start of my full liquid stage I wasn't able to finish a 4 oz yogurt but then as time went on I was able to. Now I can do a 4 oz yogurt as long as I eat slowly taking about 15 to eat. I love Greek yogurt because it's so high in Protein.< /span>

I must be doing exceptionally well, or something is wrong! I am not quite two weeks and I have no problem with a 4oz greek yogurt. For that matter I have no problem with 4oz of anything! That is probably my limit though. I have made some pureed bean Soups (yummy) and put those in 1/2 cup servings and I can get one of those down too (they are very liquid). I have never had a problem with shakes either. I could do one of those in 15 minutes, easy. I am beginning to wonder if I got the 32f boughie he said I did!

So, it all depends on how well you are healing and what your capacity is.

my doctor started me on full liquids as soon as my surgery was done. i'm 5 days out now and i cannot eat 4 ozs of yogurt at one time. i can maybe get 2 ozs in....but that's okay with me. i know my time will come when i can handle a little bit more, but right now, i dont want to push it and hurt myself. just go slow, take small bites, and listen to your body.

I'm a week out and almost all my swelling/gas/soreness is gone and I managed 6oz of vanilla yogurt in about an hour or so after I woke up today. My stomach felt pretty "empty" and I feel quite full and I'll probably stay full for a few hours.

I've had to put back half a container of sf Jello before and part of my yogurt container as well, so I'm guessing right now my little sleeve is just a yogurt pouch right now, ha!