Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it possible to 80lbs in 4 weeks?

My next post op appt is not until next week. I go to the local GNC to get more Protein n one of those smoothie shakes at their smoothie bar those shakes taste great. So upon leaving I steps on their scale 25cent n wala I'm down another 30lbs since my appt than a week before. Now this week same scale says I lost another 10lbs. Now the workers in store say its not accurate cause it tells them they 8 to 10 lbs over weight. Am not getting excited yet will wait to my appt to get accurate weight. If its true am I losing to fast. Certain mushies don't go down to well so I. Still do mostly liquids n Protein Shakes. So is it rare for someone to lose that much weight in 4 weeks?

1lb = 3500 calories. 80lb * 3500cal = 280,000 cal. 280,000cal / 28 days = 10,000 calorie deficit PER day.

I find it hard to believe (but not impossible, I guess) that you are running a 10,000 calorie per day deficit.

You will lose a lot really fast the first couple of weeks after surgery, then you will stall out. Most of us have had the week 3 stall. I lost 25 pounds the first 10 days too, but it doesn't keep that pace. I am sure most of mine was Water weight as the swelling in my lower legs went away within a few days after surgery and my rings fit really loose.

Bill

Yeah no kidding, I lost 27lbs and I am week five as of wed. I have been dribbling since week three. GRRRR I really wish my weight would start to move again. I guess I am just feeling scared that I am going to fail again. BUT you must keep us posted because if that is really true you must give me your exact day to day eating or drinking regime so I can on your band wagon LOL. YOur doing great no matter what!

80lb of WEIGHT - maybe.

80lb of FAT - no.

If you kept up that pace for four or five weeks, I would be concerned at the rate of loss. A lot of Water weight is lost in those first weeks but I'd be a little worried that its just simply too much. If you feel OK, then you're probably fine. I'm not a doctor, but I'm thinking if your body is shedding that fast, there's tons of Water and lean body tissue being lost, and things like heart problems are a possibility from electrolyte disturbances and such?

But in the first week or so, I wouldnt worry about it, it will slow. People who have a lot of weight to lose have a lot of extra water in their large fat stores.

Ok had my 5th week post op and that scale at GNC is broken (which I kinda figured) but the great news is I'm down 50 lbs. YES! I feel great. I even went to movies sunday n ate popcorn n that went down ok. Am so excited. N yes I gotta get a scale. Thanks all.

80lb of WEIGHT - maybe.

80lb of FAT - no.

If you kept up that pace for four or five weeks, I would be concerned at the rate of loss. A lot of Water weight is lost in those first weeks but I'd be a little worried that its just simply too much. If you feel OK, then you're probably fine. I'm not a doctor, but I'm thinking if your body is shedding that fast, there's tons of Water and lean body tissue being lost, and things like heart problems are a possibility from electrolyte disturbances and such?

But in the first week or so, I wouldnt worry about it, it will slow. People who have a lot of weight to lose have a lot of extra water in their large fat stores.

Hey I recognize you from LBT. I looked at your photos - man you look fabulous!! Good job.

Have you been sleeved?