Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Sleeved 6/11/10

Hi All, So excited to have found this site! I am 4 days PO and am begining to feel better, was sleeved at Madigan Army Medical Center, Ft Lewis, WA. I was having a weird sensation evertime I drank, kind of like bubbles coming back up but that sensation has passed and now when I drink about 2-3 mins later I get a pain mid-low center chest?? I am taking very small sips. According to my Dr I am able to start full liquids today so I had a few bites of vanilla pudding with some protien powder mixed in, also had about 3 ozs of chocolate slimfast. I am not physically feeling hunger but the smell of food makes me miss it terribly. Anyone have this pain I am talking about?? It passes quickly but just uncomfortable for a minute or so.

Hi All, So excited to have found this site! I am 4 days PO and am begining to feel better, was sleeved at Madigan Army Medical Center, Ft Lewis, WA. I was having a weird sensation evertime I drank, kind of like bubbles coming back up but that sensation has passed and now when I drink about 2-3 mins later I get a pain mid-low center chest?? I am taking very small sips. According to my Dr I am able to start full liquids today so I had a few bites of vanilla pudding with some protien powder mixed in, also had about 3 ozs of chocolate slimfast. I am not physically feeling hunger but the smell of food makes me miss it terribly. Anyone have this pain I am talking about?? It passes quickly but just uncomfortable for a minute or so.

Hi and well done on joining us on the losers bench!

i was done the day before you and am still on clear liquids (days 1-9post op) and then full liquids (days 10-20) then mushies....so maybe you're putting yours thru too much too soon.

The first 2 weeks is the really delicate time when leaks may occur... (although I think most happen with in the first few days) so you need to gradually get your stomach used to the different food groups.

Did you get any nutritional stuff from your dietician? If not then thers quite a few versions of post op diets on here which are well worth a look thru to give you a good idea.

I also get the bubble thing, and it take me about 45mins-1hr to get a Protein shake down - i put the pain down to either acid or just the liquid waiting to get thru my stomach......but some of the more experienced maybe more help on that one.

Anyhow---speedy recovery and take care

Kathy

I get the bubble thing too and I also get that pain you mentioned. I don't know what it is, but am glad to know I am not the only one.

Hey, I am new here as well and had my sleeve done 6/7/10. I have been having the same sensations but I am on a thin liquid diet for two weeks and then a thick liquid for two weeks. You may want to stick with the think liquids for a while and see how it works for you.

My Dr says full liquids day 3-14. I am 8 days post op and I get that feeling if I drink too fast or take my drinks too close together. It helps when I slow down. Goods Luck

I am 2 wks out today and the liquids going down still does that to me if I drink too much too quickly. It has GREATLY improved over the past 3/4 days so just stick to soups/full liquid for a few more days and you will be fine. BTW, Jer 29:11 is a life verse for me too!

I am 2 wks out today and the liquids going down still does that to me if I drink too much too quickly. It has GREATLY improved over the past 3/4 days so just stick to soups/full liquid for a few more days and you will be fine. BTW, Jer 29:11 is a life verse for me too!

Thank you! Mine has improved too, amazing how much you heal each day! God is SO good!!!

I still get it too! Very bubbly also. I pat my chest, like burping myself and it seems to help. It seems as if every diet is different, so follow what your doctor/nutritionist says. For instance, I was on clears for only 3 days after the surgery, then to "full liquids, " including applesauce, pudding, cream of wheat Cereal, etc. The only requirement was that I need to get in all my Protein. So if I am eating one of these things instead of Protein and I don't get it all in, I will get chewed out at the post-op visit.

I have yet to get in all my protein and liquids, but today seems to be going better. Unfortunately, around 4 PM, my stomach is finished and doesn't want any more liquids. It is like pulling teeth to get more into me for the rest of the night. I find that warm broths help open it up a little.

VSG 6/10/10 (still can't get that blasted ticker to come up...)

Dr. Hamn, Dallas, TX