Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back from surgery...FOrest Park Med Center

Dr. James Davidson did my surgery at Forest Park last Friday. The place was great. I had basically no pain from the time I woke up, but I was plagued with a killer Migraine. By the next morning someone figured out that the pain killer I was getting was making the migraine go away, but a side affect was a headache as soon as it wore off. A vicious cycle! As soon as I had my leak test the next morning I could take my migraine medication by mouth, it disolves under my tongue. I didn't have a drain, I was dreading that, so I was relieved. I stayed one night, the staff was really good, all of them. Staples out today and I've lost 4 lbs since last Friday. So far so good, no hunger AT ALL. WOW!

I am 5 weeks out since sleeve surgery. I have lost 27lbs so far. Hit a slump when I started soft foods, but I know that will pass soon. I am so happy that I did this for myself. Didn't you just love Dr Davidson?

Loved him!! I'm really happy I did this for myself too. Great people up there!

I finished my 'protein' drink that I made with the Greek yogurt and skim milk. I am so pleased that I liked it and drank it all. Five weeks out? So you are on soft foods? Tell me what you are eating with that? During the first three weeks, did you do like I am, blending stuff to try and get in Protein or just stick with the shakes or bullets? Congrats!

I am 5 weeks out since sleeve surgery. I have lost 27lbs so far. Hit a slump when I started soft foods, but I know that will pass soon. I am so happy that I did this for myself. Didn't you just love Dr Davidson?

In the first and second week i did Clear Liquids, and shakes. weeks 3 and 4 I am doing soft foods like Bumble Bee white albacore tuna mixed with hellmans light mayo. Also Swanson's canned chicken ( small cans) mixed with hellmans light mayo. Fat free Cottage cheese, soft scrambled egg, and hard boiled eggs are good too. I will have a chocolate Protein Shake to help get in the Proteins (Advocare Meal Replacement shake) i use fat free milk instead of Water and crushed ice. put it in blender with half a bannana and 1 pkg of sweet n low. makes a wonderful shake. I also like Atkins Advantage shakes. they are already mixed and are good for taking with me when i got out, that and a bottle of water. i also get the Kellogg's special KO2 Protein water mix. i like the strawberry/kiwi it has 5g protein and 5g Fiber, and it taste good, sometimes you just get tired of water all the time. hope this helps.

This is a great verse. It helps me keep focused on my goal:

Jer 29:11~For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, Plans not to harm you but to give you a future and a hope.

Edited by Im-Losin-It

I am one week out today and it has been a rough week. Even though my stay at the hospital was good, I now wish I had stayed one more day cause I had a hard time taking care of myself when I got home. I felt tired and weak and ran a low grade fever. I could only walk a few feet before needing a rest. I went back to the doc yesterday to make sure I was not harboring an infections and it was all clean. I am just dehydrated.

So today I actually feel a little better and walked around the block. I am down 19 pounds since I started the whole process May 1 and I am down 4 pounds since surgery.

I was a tad bit frustrated when I met someone who had surgery the day before me and she looked like a breath of fresh air, all make up and pretty clothes...talking about shopping all day. She kept telling me it was all in my mind and that I had to have the right attitude. I wanted to slap her with my right boob. You cant attitude a fever away.

l'm sorry you met someone so insensitive as that. People forget everyone's experience with this can be very different. I've been blessed with no complications, but at week 3 my belly button & lower left incisions woke up! They're very painful and if I bend a certain way or get up to fast I get excrutiating pain. This is getting better and subsiding every day. I hope you are feeling better! The only thing I remind myself is "This, too, shall pass!":biggrin0: ps. I also had surgery at Forest Park, loved the experience there too!

I had my surgery 3/17/10. Had a good experience at Forest Park and loved my doctor, Dr. Nick. I went in for the bypass but in surgery they had to change to the sleeve, internal complications. I liked the atmosphere of the hospital...not huge where you feel your lost. Dealing with the "other issues" that the food has been covering has been the hardest part for me...but everyday is a step forward...even with the stumbles..lol...

I was sleeved at Forest Park too. Great facility even if the location was a little off-putting at first. It was funny to see all the names of the weight loss doctors on the doors when I did my walk-abouts. All the ones that you see their comercials on TV. I guess all those doctors like Forest Park too.

Zephra, you hang in there. I'm starting my fifth week and even though I had some rough going at times, I now feel wonderful. Just take it easy and don't try to over-do it. Remember, it's MAJOR surgery. Give your body time to heal. I think we sometimes forget that because we don't have the "big" surgery scars to remind us.

I was just so happy to hear about Dr.Davidson and Forest Park! Thank you all so much for sharing! I'm scheduled for Sept. 20. Wondering if you were given any nausea mess before surgery. Also wondering if he uses a catheter and/or a drain. For some reason, I"m terrified of both.

I don't remember a catheter and I know I did not have a drain but I am sure everyone is different. If you have fears, talk to them about it first. As for meds for nausea, I am sure they can help you with that though I did not have any issues with that at all. I am over a year out now and it has been wonderful. Best of luck to you.

I was just so happy to hear about Dr.Davidson and Forest Park! Thank you all so much for sharing! I'm scheduled for Sept. 20. Wondering if you were given any nausea mess before surgery. Also wondering if he uses a catheter and/or a drain. For some reason, I"m terrified of both.

Thank you so much for your reply! Very nice of you to take the time to answer. Was Dr. Davidson your doctor?

Yes he was. Feel free to ask anything. I am sure you are getting excited and maybe a little anxious.

Thank you so much for your reply! Very nice of you to take the time to answer. Was Dr. Davidson your doctor?

I am excited and a little scared. I am 61, so I'm stepping right out there. One more ? I do have an occasional glass of wine and have heard so many different things about when it is safe. Do you happen to remember what Dr. Davidson rule is?

Hi! Dr. Davidson was my surgeon and my surgery was June 23, 2011. I was operated on at Presby on Walnut Hill. He gave me a prescription before surgery for one nausea pill that I took the morning of surgery. Then while in the hospital after surgery, I had a constant flow of nausea medicine. He didn't use a catheter or drain on me. If you have any other questions, ask away. My surgery went well but I did have some pain issues which they were quick to address.

I honestly don't remember. I drank wine once several years ago and it made me quite drunk so I avoid it at all cost (I had 1/2 a glass) but I do remember some of the people talking about it in our nutrition class and I know it is done. As to how far out, I guess that depends on you. I would ask that at the next class you go to.

I am excited and a little scared. I am 61, so I'm stepping right out there. One more ? I do have an occasional glass of wine and have heard so many different things about when it is safe. Do you happen to remember what Dr. Davidson rule is?