Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back from surgery...FOrest Park Med Center

I am back after having been sleeved yesterday. The facility was wonderful and everyone there was just great. I am in just a little pain and am very sleepy from drugs but I have been walking and sipping. It does help so much. They actually told me I was their marathon walker. I just put on my Ipod and found a song and walked.

I gained 11 pounds since yesterday because of all the liquid they pumped into me. That was shocking. Anyone going to have their procedure at Forest Park will be very happy they did.

Congrats! I had my surgery there on the 1st and had a great experience as well--at least the part I remember. I liked it so much I stayed an extra night--that and the fact I was having trouble keeping my pain medication where it belonged. I had my drain removed yesterday and feel much better. The first week was painful, and I am very surprised at how much improved I am already. I hope the same holds true for you!

I, like piglet39, also had surgery there on the 1st of June at Forest Park. I loved that place! I lost 15lbs in the first week, I also got my drain out yesterday. As low maintenance as the drain really was, I feel so happy and free without it. 11lbs in two days, AMAZING! The first 3 days were painful and tiring, but after that every single day was exponentially better than the last. Congrats on being sleeved, the 11lbs you'll never see again, and good luck on your recovery!!

Wow sounds like y'all had a great place to go to. I was sleeved on Tuesday, and while I did very well, I wasn't crazy about my surgeon or facility. I didn't have a drain, which was nice, and they kept IV pain meds in me for about 12 hours after surgery. My doc was just one of those who "flies by", and doesnt really talk to you, rather at you. The facility was very nice - big rooms etc, but I had my issues with the staff. I guess I am just too demanding.....I called the nurse at 2:00 AM because my arm where the IV was was burning and it hurt worse than anything else. They told me they would have the doc look at it, they never came in and checked. Turns out my arm was filling with the IV Fluid. So next morning I asked the new shift if this was normal and she said NO, my vein had collapsed, then she couldn't start an IV in my other arm, took several nurses until one could do it. Asked to go to the potty a couple of times and it took 1/2 or so before anyone would come. I had my surgery on Tuesday at noonish, and didn't see the doc again until 6:00 Wednesday when he said I was doing so well I could go home. I had to ask him "what about the leak test". If I hadnt said anything, it wouldn't have been done. Oh well, sorry to hijack, but I had to get my whining out!

Guest Stephanie

Im so glad to hear about the good results there. Im having my surgery there Aug 31st. Did you use Dr Nicholson?

Congrats to all of you on successful surgeries. It's good to have company on the Loser's Bench!

I also had my surgery there, and have been back twice since....(severly hydrated-but better now), each time the staff was friendly, the hospital is super clean and the Dr was great!

I am one week out today and it has been a rough week. Even though my stay at the hospital was good, I now wish I had stayed one more day cause I had a hard time taking care of myself when I got home. I felt tired and weak and ran a low grade fever. I could only walk a few feet before needing a rest. I went back to the doc yesterday to make sure I was not harboring an infections and it was all clean. I am just dehydrated.

So today I actually feel a little better and walked around the block. I am down 19 pounds since I started the whole process May 1 and I am down 4 pounds since surgery.

I was a tad bit frustrated when I met someone who had surgery the day before me and she looked like a breath of fresh air, all make up and pretty clothes...talking about shopping all day. She kept telling me it was all in my mind and that I had to have the right attitude. I wanted to slap her with my right boob. You cant attitude a fever away.

I can't believe she was so dumb as to tell you it was your fault. Attitude my ass, I have had several complications and no amount of butterflies and rainbows were gonna make them go away. She should count her blessings that she is doing so well.

You hang in there. I'm glad the doc cleared you. Keep on sipping. We are on our way, just maybe a little slower than some.

Ugh I hate when people preach like that. SO not helpful! I am 16 days out and around the 12th day I started feeling amazing. Virtually no pain. Then yesterday I woke up with my incision right by my belly button (I don't know if you all have the same incision spots) ON FIRE. I am living with my sister and we did a lot of shopping and running around this weekend an I'm wondering if I overdid it and lifted a bit too many grocery bags or something and pulled on some stitches on that incision. Ugh it sucks so bad because here I thought I was free and clear almost done with the pain and now I am having to hold that area of my belly in if I want to bend or stretch in any way so it doesn't feel like fire again. Thank goodness for refills on the pain meds (that I thought I wouldn't need)!

Zephra....congrats on a successful surgery.

Sorry you weren't feeling so great...I hope you feel better soon!

zephra, I hope you are feeling a little perkier now. This Texas heat doesn't help much! I go out and do a few errands and I am whipped! In fact, I think it is nap time now.

I made it to the store today though I mostly sat in the garden section while the kids gathered food. I did purchase a camel cup today. It allows you to drink from a straw without all the air. It has made a world of difference in getting liquids in. It killed me to pay $14 for one cup but I thought being hydrated was more important.

I am back after having been sleeved yesterday. The facility was wonderful and everyone there was just great. I am in just a little pain and am very sleepy from drugs but I have been walking and sipping. It does help so much. They actually told me I was their marathon walker. I just put on my Ipod and found a song and walked.

I gained 11 pounds since yesterday because of all the liquid they pumped into me. That was shocking. Anyone going to have their procedure at Forest Park will be very happy they did.

Thats where I had mine done. Dr. James Davidson did mine. I have never had such good hospital care. Everyone there is just wonderful. I live in Fla, but my husbands family live in Dallas. I had to stay there 2 weeks after surgery and take daily shots od blood thinner so it would be safe for me to fly home. I highly recommed Forest Park, and Dr. Davidson.