Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So... as those of you who have been subjected to my whining know.... I have been in a stall for over 2 weeks now and I'm going nuts!!!!! :frusty:

I have been following all the rules and exercising etc..:nopity:

Yesterday I decided to shake things up and ate about 1500 calories... it was hard.... lots of it in the form of high calorie Meal Replacements etc....

I'm down 1 1/2 lbs today! :hail:

My fingers are crossed that this is the beginning of a real loosing streak for me.

I really thought my weight would be up after so many calories.

Wish me luck!!!!! :001_tongue:

Stacey

I really think it's true that we need to give our bodies a jolt once in a while so that it doesn't get too comfortable in a routine.

What are your plans for here on out? Are you going to go back to your regular eating habits and then just do the increased calories every few days or once a week or something?

I think I'll go back to regular eating (following the rules) If I stall again I might try adding a high calorie day about every 4th or 5th.... but truley... all those calories wernt nearly as enjoyable as they would have been pre surgery.

OMG...... The scale has bounced back up to my pre "stall break" weight!!!!

I'm going nuts.... Day 23 of my stall :cursing: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you working out?

The reason I ask is because if you are building muscle mass the muscles will retain Water. Muscles need Water to repair and rebuild so it would be simple water weight.

Take your measurements, and then remeasure in a week. You might be losing inches from burning fat, and building muscle.

Also, I hate this word, but as a lightweight, you may experience long stalls because your body is trying to adjust to the changes you've just put it through. Stress will also cause your weight to stall.

If you're not already, I highly, highly recommend weighing yourself weekly, not daily.

I know that when we're hoping for rapid weight loss, the scale can be addictive, but it's bad-addictive (like a gambling addict and a slot machine, hoping for that payout!) not good-addictive (like exercise or something).

If you're already weighing weekly or less frequently, never mind. But if not, weigh less often and focus on something else. That way you won't get as stressed out by the normal day-to-day fluctuations in weight.

And also, do what Tiffykins suggested and take measurements. Sometimes we can lose inches even if we don't lose pounds.

Thanks guys.....

Tiff... I am exercising but just light cardio. before surgery I could do about an hour of pretty heavy cardio.... now 30 minutes of light and I want to puke. I assume that means my body is in "conservation" mode and doesn't want to dip into its reservs. I just don't know how to get it to start burning again (I'm not cleared for anything heavier till 8 weeks)... I was thinking about just going straight Protein for 1 week... no carbs like the induction phase of Atkins. The other side of my brain says let it go.... relax.... live your life.

Oroborous... you are so right... I have been additcted to that damn scale since I was 12. I give it way too much power. I know logically that the number doesn't really mean much but I loose all rational thought when it comes to that evil little appliance.

I swore to myself that after the surgery I was going to get rid of it.... but its my crack. Just like crack it was fun in the begining but somewhere everything went horribly wrong!!!!

Thanks for the support guys... I just need to keep telling myself that even though it might take forever, at least it will stay off this time.

thanks

Stacey

This is only my opinion, so I would really advise a doc or nutritionist over anything I have to offer. But based on your length of low calorie I would do a 3-4 day higher calories to "reset" the system vrs just throwing in the one day. I do the one day thing myself because I have never gone longer than three days at extreem lows since the beginning.

I'm in a stall too for last week and half, and I step on the scale 3 times a day, ugh!! We leave Friday on 9 days vacation wondering if I can leave scale at home.lol

Sorry cwalker.... I feel your pain.

I have taken the batteries out of my scale and put them in my fancy new exfoliating tool.

Trying to increase calories..... but jeese its hard. I never thought I would be one of those people who has to force themselves to eat.

I'm in a stall too for last week and half, and I step on the scale 3 times a day, ugh!! We leave Friday on 9 days vacation wondering if I can leave scale at home.lol

Seriously, vacation calories do not count. Repeat it 5 times and it will be true. :wink1:

I have gone on cruises and gained 10-12 pounds in two weeks!! Some of it is from long flights, most of it is because I insist on dessert with every meal! I paid for it dammit, I am going to eat it! LOL It has always come off quickly and easily when I get back to a normal schedule.

On our last cruise in January, before surgery, I did practice eating less and didn't gain any weight at all. It was just a 7 day cruise but I also couldn't take the stairs instead of the elevator because my back was bad.

Our next cruise is the end of July. Granted I won't be able to eat as much as pre-op, but I still intend to have dessert with every meal - even if it is just a bite! : )

Vacations are for R & R; rest and relaxation. Enjoy yourself. And leave the stinking scale at home! :biggrin2:

Stacey, honey, I say this will all love and respect, but you are driving yourself nuts for no good reason! The weight is coming off -- look at your ticker; you are almost 1/4 of the way to goal in just over a month! And if you want to compare yourself, compare yourself to me: I just checked and at 1 month, four days, I had lost only 12 pounds!

You might want to ask yourself: "WHY am I going nuts? Why do I have to over-think every single fluctuation of the scale? Why does a 2-pound water-weight fluctuation send me into a tailspin? Why aren't I happy to have lost 14 pounds in a month?" Could it be that you're just used to obsessing about weight and the scale and it's hard to do anything different?

Honestly, my body and weight are doing the exact. same. thing. as yours. I just hit the 20-pounds-lost mark today, and I'm almost 10 weeks out. My scale goes up and down and gets stuck and does everything yours does, but I have my eyes firmly on the big picture and I am thrilled to death with my progress. I absolutely REFUSE to spend one. more. minute. letting my body and my diet and my weight drive me crazy, because that's what I had this surgery to get away from.

Stacey, honey, I say this will all love and respect, but you are driving yourself nuts for no good reason! The weight is coming off -- look at your ticker; you are almost 1/4 of the way to goal in just over a month! And if you want to compare yourself, compare yourself to me: I just checked and at 1 month, four days, I had lost only 12 pounds!

You might want to ask yourself: "WHY am I going nuts? Why do I have to over-think every single fluctuation of the scale? Why does a 2-pound water-weight fluctuation send me into a tailspin? Why aren't I happy to have lost 14 pounds in a month?" Could it be that you're just used to obsessing about weight and the scale and it's hard to do anything different?

Honestly, my body and weight are doing the exact. same. thing. as yours. I just hit the 20-pounds-lost mark today, and I'm almost 10 weeks out. My scale goes up and down and gets stuck and does everything yours does, but I have my eyes firmly on the big picture and I am thrilled to death with my progress. I absolutely REFUSE to spend one. more. minute. letting my body and my diet and my weight drive me crazy, because that's what I had this surgery to get away from.

I know your right.... I had the surgery for the same reason. I just want to let go of all this obssessing and crazy overthinking. This is a real test of my ability to "let go" the way I envisioned.

I am setting a goal right now..... I will not weigh till my sleeveaversary on the 21st of June!!!

These unhealthy ways of thinking are so programmed.... almost hardwired at this point.

Thanks for your feedback guys

Stacey