Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so I'm doing it

Wow, it's amazing to me how fast the time passes. I haven't been on here for 4 months. I started researching the band and then I was really going to do it....and then I started freaking out. Worrying that it wouldn't work...pondering how I could justify spending my husband's hard earned money....basically convincing myself that I was not worth that kind of investment. But now I know, I just have to do it. My DH is behind me 100% and I'm doing it with my best friend. We're going to Mexico and having it done by Dr. Kuri.

Our date is July 8th.

I'm not going to second guess myself. Failure is not an option and I have to have faith that it will work.

I have a fill doctor in place in Calgary and and I'm self pay so basically there is no going back now.

Wish me luck.

Lanie

Good for you Lanie! OF COURSE you are worth it: every penny!!! We all are! It is great you will have your friend for support.

Keep us posted!

Lanie - You are worth every penny. You will succeed! I'm getting banded on June 13th in Mexico so I know EXACTLY how you feel. Keep positive!

Julie

Lanie,

You sooooo deserve this...everything that goes along with being thinner and healthier! Can't wait to do this with you my friend! See you in Mexico baby!!!!

Good luck Lanie,

I have considered this an investment in myself! I had researched this years ago when I would have had to leave the country and joined a gym instead! I’m still at that gym and have 80 pounds to go and it only took about 10 minutes to decide this time. The cheque is in the mail, so there is no turning back!

Good luck to you, I’m booked for June 15th…….whoo hoo

Hi new member from Langley canada...hi all.

How did you arrive at the decision to go to mexico?? I am aware that there are some local surgeons so what was the benifit??? It sounds like you have done your homework.

Thanks for the info in advance..I heard about this procedure 2 hours ago so excuse my "newbie-ness".

Hiya Racermom and welcome!!!

Another BCer!!! I love BC even tho I am living in ON now. My godparents live in Langley!

Hi Yoda thanks for the warm welcome.

What a small world eh? Have they lived here long?? I am in the east part towards Aldergrove.

congrats on your weight loss 42 lbs wow that must feel good

Hi Yoda thanks for the warm welcome.

What a small world eh? Have they lived here long?? I am in the east part towards Aldergrove.

congrats on your weight loss 42 lbs wow that must feel good

aaaaawwwww, gee thanks I needed to hear that today about the weight loss....as I'm not feeling too good about it right now! I've been yoyoing the same 3-5 lbs now for the last month, despite apparently doing all the "right" things. I know it is a glitch and I'll get past it but it is still discouraging....so thanks for the comment!!!

Anyways...yes....they have lived there for at least 30 yrs!!!! I'm not too familiar with it anymore.....it has been awhile since I've been to Langley. However, I have a friend in Aldergrove area and my Aunt lives in Chilliwack (Sardis actually) and has all her life. I've been to Chilliwack a lot in my past. Also, my folks live on the Island....my mom grew up on the Island.

You'll get lots of useful info on this site....so use it to gain whatever you can. It REALLY helped me a lot in my pre-band days. The search button (on the main site) is verrrrrry useful....!!

Way to go Lanie, you are banded now, how are you doing? This was the best decision I ever made, my only regret is that I did not know about it when I was much younger.

Hi Racermom welcome, I found out about lap band surgery on line, I did not hesitate about getting it done, and my husband was all for it, which helps a lot. I did not regret my decision one bit.

Maria:)