Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bladder infection post op anyone?

Hi everyone: I'm about 7 weeks post op and the last 2 days I feel like I'm getting a bladder infection - stinging when I urinate and almost light spasms in the bladder. (Have never had a bladder infection so I'm only guessing).

Anyway: has anyone had anything like this after surgery?'

I'm trying to drink alot and I bought some cranberry tablets today. Thanks everyone.

Not since I have been sleeved but oddly enough when I had my lap band it seemed I would get a bladder infection a lot!

The cranberry tablets is what I use to do along with the azo standard and lots of Water.< /p>

If it last over a day or so you should go in to the doc.

Hope you feel better soon.

I have a bladder infection right now. I get them frequently. If you truly have one, the cranberry pills won't get rid of it and neither will cranberry juice. You need anitbiotics or it can go into your kidneys.

Oregondaisy: do you have any idea why the bladder infection? Is it related at all to having the surgery? I can't imagine it would be but I've never had a bladder infection before. Thanks.

Hydration would be my best guess. I have gone from drinking 200 oz of Fluid daily preop to struggling to hit my 64oz. I have to pay close attention to the color of my urine, it should be very diluted almost looking like Water and I have days where it is dark yellow and I have to really up my fluids those days. Good luck!

Wannalise: thanks. Yes and pre-op we were probably eating/drinking so much that we forget how much Fluid we were taking in. I too am very much struggling with getting the fluid in right now (post op). I'm off to the Dr. today to see if this really is a bladder infection - as I said, I've never had one before. BTW: I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves one day before you (March 24, 2010)...

Trish,

I see you live in Phoenix. I am coming to Mesa in June. My dad died and I still have his house there that I have to take care of.

Would you be interested in getting together?

Trish!

That means we had to have been there at the same time. How funny! I hope your doctor finds a way to help you feel better. Good luck.

I have a bladder infection right now. I get them frequently. If you truly have one, the cranberry pills won't get rid of it and neither will cranberry juice. You need anitbiotics or it can go into your kidneys.

I also have struggled with bladder infections my whole life. Listen to Oregondaisy... go to the doctor and get antibiotics. Most stuff just masks the symptoms allowing things to get really bad. There are different kind of bacteria that cause infections. Some can be squelched with the antisceptic qualities of cranberry and some are actually fueld by cranberry. You need to pee in cup girl!!!!!

Didn't take any chances - went to doctor today and I'm on antibiotics - just keep wondering how in the heck did I get a bladder infection when I've never had one in my life - and only 7 weeks after surgery. Whatever..... - OregonDaisy - as your date to come to Phoenix area gets closer let me know - Summer I'm in and out - feel for you coming to this area in June - HOT as I'm sure you are aware. Doctor told me to drink "lots of cranberry juice" - I told her that I'm not too crazy about the sugar content in C.Juice so I'm using about 25% c.juice and 75% Water. Thanks everyone for your posts ---

EEK!!! Poor thing!!!

Can you make it like a slurpee/slushie? Pour some juice in the blender with ice and maybe a squeeze of lemon and a splenda?? Then maybe you would like it better? Oh and are you using the 100% pure Cranberry juice and not the juice cocktail?

I made the mistake once and bought the juice cocktail and it tasted better but didnt really help the issue that I was having.

Shouldnt be long now though, before you are feeling better now that you are on antibiotics!

Hang in there!!

Post menopausal women get them because the skin around the area of the urinary tract thins out.

i got one one at 4 months out and i never had one before every in my 25 years, i didn't know what was up i thought i was dying. um also i do get more colds then i did before i had the surgey i never got sick but i done have 4 different colds since i had surgery probably just my body still healing and stuff but i was like what the heck i neve get sick.