Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hot Dogs R No Longer

Well Its official I would say.

Its been 3 hotdogs in the last 2 months

& every time I have had a horrible PB

& everything even 1/2 hour later is totally throw up.

So I guess its bye bye Hot dogs for me.

I did so love them w/the works(-the bun)!

But I would hate to think I could slip my band over a stupid Hot dog. To bad the last one (just minutes ago) didn't even taste all that great.

Cheers All!

Hi I'll Succeed,

I also love hotdogs. Growing up my favorite dinner was hot dogs (no bun) with mashed potatoes and stringbeans:hungry: . This past weekend we had a bonfire with lots of people over. We did the hot dog thing over the bonfire. I ate a couple of hotdogs, but, with no bread. Bread is the one thing I haven't even dared to test the Water on. It was just as good to dip the hot dog into the mustard without the bread. Of course, it was also nice to be wearing a very loose pair of pants that used to look like they were glued on me. It's been worth the trade off. I have had a very difficult time with chicken. That seems to be my PBer.

Heads up and keep up the good work.:clap2:

Cheryl

I would have to say I have not had a hot dog for almost 2 years now.

I love them - I miss them sooooooooooo Much! But do not want to temp a PB or worse so I stay away. :)

Mmm... cooked on the grill until the skins are black and crackly with mustard & lots of onion.

Or my childhood favorite - a little ghetto, but I still liked it... sliced up in scrambled eggs.

mumm scrambled with eggs. My kids love their Breakfast that way on Sat mornings.. Maybe one day I can be brave and try just a little.

I was never a fan of hotdogs...but I get where you are coming from....I LOOOOOVE hamburgers....been smelling them cooking on neighbors grills...and I MISS them. Sure, I can have one bunless, fine, but it's not the same.

And right now I'm REALLY pining for a sandwich. I LOVE a good sammy....and I sure do miss 'em. Thick bread, lots of meat.....Always such an easy thing for lunch....*sigh*

A woman on here had a bad blockage and was throwing up black coffee grinds and thought she had a slip. She had to drive hours to Mexico to her doctor and he found out she had a blockage due to a hot dog. Needless to say I have not tried a hot dog since surgery!

I remember that too Sunta. It was a bad situation and enough for me to swear off a beloved grilled hot dog. :phanvan I think that same thread mentioned they are easier to pass through the band if you peel the skin off.....it's the skin that causes the PB. Look it up to be sure and don't take my word for it. With 2 little ones, we always have hot dogs in the house. :)

Since I've been unfilled I've had two roller-dogs from the gas station and I've savored both like they were forbidden fruit. I've also made a couple of brats on the grill and those were heavenly, too. But, I miss feeling full on a few bites more than I miss hot dogs at this point so I am VERY ready for a fill.

Megan

Eeeeew, I dont want to be throwing up black gunk!

I dont know if hot dogs are the same here as there. Here they are just a red frankfurt sausage, full of dye preservatives and mainly lips and assholes as the meat. Really bottom of the foodchain stuff. We also tend to eat them as little cocktail sausages. The kids love them but I have a chemically induced headache if I so much as go near one. Then they make me nauseous. Hot dogs and softdrink my two phobias - whenever my kids have them (at a party or something) I cant look. Its like I believe they'll instantly be struck dead.

Now a hotdog with a gourmet sausage, mmmmmmm

But being thin is WAY better!

Had them on Memorial Day and would only nibble on them and have mustard with it. Nothing else...especially the bun!!!!:faint: That would just hurt too much.

I had 3/4 of a hot dog with bun for dinner last night - no problems at all. I love them on the grilled burnt yummy! Then again, I haven't had a fill yet either. This may change everything.

i can appreciate all of your threads grilled chicken i cant seem 2 do anymore either however i ws very lucky with a hotdog this weekend it actually stayed down but i just never know when my stomach is going 2 become angry and not allow the food i am trying 2 eat.and once it does i might as well forget eating for the day:mad: .

I was never a fan of hotdogs...but I get where you are coming from....I LOOOOOVE hamburgers....been smelling them cooking on neighbors grills...and I MISS them. Sure, I can have one bunless, fine, but it's not the same.

And right now I'm REALLY pining for a sandwich. I LOVE a good sammy....and I sure do miss 'em. Thick bread, lots of meat.....Always such an easy thing for lunch....*sigh*

I LOVE sammies and hamburgers too. I was just thinking how much I'll miss them today. I love hot dogs too. :hungry: