Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for all the updates Tracy! Hope her pain level is better when she wakes up. You'll have to let us know how your swallow test goes! :-)

What a mom you are Tracy! Your daughter is blessed. I have read from so many people who have used Dr. Aceves and the sentiment is consistent. He is a truly conscientious surgeon with a caring heart. Let us know how you both do with the swallow test. Hugs to both you and your daughter. If my daughter were to have this surgery abroad I would definitely want Dr. Aceves to perform her procedure.

Hey everyone. I had the blue dye test earlier and all was well. My vein in my hand blew so they took out my IV. I still have the spinal line in. Very sore and can't really get rid of any gas right now but I have apple juice, gatoride, tea and Water to sip on. I was getting naeseous earlier so I took it easy. Mom went out walking with a lady who is here with her friend who is having the surgery as well.

They just brought me some ice, yeah!

I think I get to take a shower tonight and change my jammies, I'm excited!

Well, maybe I am a big baby but to be honest, I would not have wanted to do this without my Mom, I really needed her here...

Thanks for all the well wishes, I have some crushed ice calling my name!!!

Don't feel bad Angie, I had my surgery done at hospital 40 minutes away from where I live and had both of my parents there with me! They came back every day for 5 days. I don't know how I would have survived without them. I am so glad the worst is over for you now. You are going to do fine. Congratulations.

I tried to get my mom to go with me as well. #1 She is my momma:) and #2 She is also a nurse but unfortunately she is recovering from chemo (breast cancer) and is just unable. I would feel so much better with there there. SO I completely understand momma making you feel better!

I'm so glad you both are doing well. She's gonna be sore and tired for a bit but shell be feeling great in no time. let us know how your swallow test goes

Stacey

So great to see you posting so soon. Hope you get some relief from that gas soon so you can rest better. Thanks to you and your mom for the updates. Feel better soon!

Angie, I'm so glad to see you posting. I hope you get some relief from that gas soon.

I had my in-laws here for my surgery, and it was comforting as well. Rest up, and I'm glad the blue test went well.

Got to take a shower and change my clothes, that was nice! Got a fresh bed too. Word of caution, if any of you are left with the spinal block line in, do not try to bend over from the waist, OUCH!!! They are going to give me one more dose of morphine tonight in it and then remove it. Tomorrow they will be doing the swallow study and then removing the drain. We leave Thursday morning at 7am as far as I know.

Can't believe I am almost 48 hours since I "ate" and not hungry at all. Not even a little bit.

When do I start the Nexium?

They gave me a tiny little pill to take earlier for pain and it took me about 5 or 6 small swallows to get it down, wow.

At this point, I do not see how I will be able to go back to work next week so I am anticipating either working from home a little or putting in for leave.

Not sure how I did this but on Friday when I weighed myself at work I was at 180. After my weekend of eating whatever I wanted, I step on the scale at the hospital Monday morning before surgery and I weigh 177.

I will not buy a scale for the house just yet...

Thanks again for all of the well wishes!

You'll be feeling better so fast its amazing. I kinda wish I would have gone back to work in one week instead of two. I was a bit sore but it would have been fine and it kinda messed with my head sitting around the house.

Your post sounds pretty upbeat despite the major abdominal surgery!!!!!!

Its rough for a few days but soon its oh so much better.

Its unbelievable how little bit your body really needs to keep going huh?

I get hungry now... but it only takes a few bites to satisfy me and I'm good to go.

Let us know how you progress

Stacey

This is wonderful news. We all wish the best success Angie. We've saved a spot on the losers bench for you.

Ok, everyone, had the barium swallow test this morning... YUCK! That was the nastiest taste ever. But the good news is that my tummy is MUCHO Paquito! They also did a swallow study on Mom and her 17 year old pouch looks great as well!

I got the drain out this morning so I am free from all things medical. I am having some heartburn/acid reflux feelings so they gave me some chalky white liquid to drink. Waiting to see if that helps.

Anyone else experience that so early after surgery? Also, what about some pain right in the center of your back? Is this an indication to stop drinking?

I had a few swallows of chicken broth this morning and that was really good, waiting to see if I get more soon.

We leave tomorrow morning and I am ready to be home but I will miss the wonderful folks I have met here. They all truly care about the patients and do their best to make you comfortable.

Angie,

So glad that you are doing pretty well and made it through the final leak test and got your drain out. It seems like I was just where you are but it has been 7+weeks. I do have a question for you (just because I thought the spinal was a great thing to control post-op pain) - did Dr

Aceves or the aneshesiologist tell you why they left the spinal cath in for post-op dosing? Mine was a one time injection pre-op in the OR. We are close to the same size so size wouldn't be a factor. Just being nosy!

Have a good trip home - I can imagine how happy you will be to see the rest of your family.

Frankie

Ok, everyone, had the barium swallow test this morning... YUCK! That was the nastiest taste ever. But the good news is that my tummy is MUCHO Paquito! They also did a swallow study on Mom and her 17 year old pouch looks great as well!

I got the drain out this morning so I am free from all things medical. I am having some heartburn/acid reflux feelings so they gave me some chalky white liquid to drink. Waiting to see if that helps.

Anyone else experience that so early after surgery? Also, what about some pain right in the center of your back? Is this an indication to stop drinking?

I had a few swallows of chicken broth this morning and that was really good, waiting to see if I get more soon.

We leave tomorrow morning and I am ready to be home but I will miss the wonderful folks I have met here. They all truly care about the patients and do their best to make you comfortable.

Angie, it's so great to hear that you're doing so well! Sounds like your recovery is going as smoothly as mine did (I'm 4 days ahead of you :)

Believe what they tell you: the first few days are the hardest, but it really does get better every day. After a week or so, you'll be a whole new person!