Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't been on in a few days so I've missed your whole traveling posts! :-( I wish you the best and can't wait to hear from you post op. Thanks for mentioning the tip because I doubt I would have thought of it. How did you get wifi on the plane? Did you have the internet card or was it specific to the airline carrier? I will have a five hour flight there and will be bored out my mind!!

So exciting to know you are newly sleeved--can't wait to hear from you again! Best wishes for a smooth recovery!

It's 7pm in Mexicali. Angie is doing great. She's been up walking twice. She's peed and now having some gas pains. Most of her upper torso is pink because of the antibactiral they poured on her. I expect she will be feeling a lot better in the morning. She has never been a big complainer but I know she is in pain. The hospital is the cleanest I've ever seen. The staff you meet with upon arrival speak fluent english. The nurses, however, don't. When you arrive they give a sheet of paper with common phrases in spanish that a nurse would ask you and it tells you how you can answer so that is helpful. If you can't say it you can point to it and they can read it. Dr. Aceves is wonderful. He came in this morning before surgery and talked with us about what would happen during the surgery. Also about how this is the easy part. It's up to you now to make healthy choices. I'm really impressed with hilllm. I had what is kinda the lap band 17 years ago. The material was made out of the stuff they use for heart bypass. Dr. Aceves was aware of the Dr. and the surgery. The doctor that performed the surgery in Houston passed away sometime ago. He asked me if I have any issues with my pouch this evening after he looked in on Angie. I told him that I'v e had some issues for about a year. After we spoke he said "I tell you what on Wednesday when Angie does her swallow test we will have you do one too? DO WHAT??? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. When Angie woke up I told her what he said and she said "Mom, that's awesome". It really is. I think he's a caring, compassionate person not just a doctor. If I hadn't had the surgery I wouldn't hesitate one minute using him. He's a real Champion for the cause.

Maybe Angie will feel like posting in the morning. She told me to tell everyone thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Now if she would just poot.

Bye for now,

Tracy

Angie's Mom

What a great story! I am glad that Angie is doing good. I think if I could convince my family (mainly my husband) about going to Mexico, I would SOOO use Dr. Aceves.

Prayers are still going up....

Congrats Angie!!

Karen

So glad to hear Angie is doing so well and that you are with her every step of the way!!! Thanks for the update:)

VV2010

Thanks for the update. After reading your post, I too am really impressed with Dr A. I'm so glad Angie is doing well. It's so nice you are there to take care of her, but don't forget to get some rest yourself.

Praise the Lord!!!

This is so wonderful to hear about Dr. Aceeves.

I am pretty sure that I will take my daughter to him as soon as we get the money saved up!

Good morning,

Angie has been up several times during the night walking to try to get rid of the gas. They have been giving her pain meds through the spinal tap line but it wasn't helping with the gas. The nurse came in earlier to empty the drain tube bag and said the bag was also full of gas. After that Angie has gone off to sleep and hasn't seemed to be in as much pain as before. I hope the gas thing is over with. I think she is really missing the kids. But she is getting some much needed rest Thanks for all the comments and concerns. These forums were not around when I did this. It's been like she has a group of best friends out there rooting her on.

Angies's Mom

Tracy

Awwwwwwww thanks again for the update. The gas is a total boogar, and I hope she gets relief soon. I'm glad she's been able to walk, and rest.

Give her a big (soft) hug from me.

Thanks for updating us!

I know she is missing her kids and probably can't wait to get back home to them!

It is good though that she's getting some rest now before she gets home.

Tell we're all thinking about her and wishing her the best!