Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried about throwing up

I think you can tell from the previous posts that when people throw up (I'm not talking about at the hospital right after surgery), it's caused by something they've done that is normally preventable. Living with a sleeve is a daily learning experience for us all. You have to be very careful about how quickly you eat and how much you try to stuff in your tiny tummy. I haven't thrown up, but I have become nauseated after eating too much.

I've started eating smaller amounts at meal times and keeping a Protein bar handy if I start to get hungry later. A couple of bites later I'm satisfied and ready to go awhile longer. Even after having a band for 3.5yrs and the sleeve since January, my husband still has to remind me to put less food on my plate. He'll just look at me and say "you don't want to make yourself sick do you?" and he's always right. I take some off my plate and I never even miss it. "Eyeing it" gets easier as time goes by, just be sure to not push it the first few months.

wannalise,

I just wanted to comment to you that the Vitamins have been a major pain for me too. My doctor required liquid vitamins for the first two weeks which made me very nauseas and then gave me the runs. Sorry TMI! But I managed to keep them down. I was so excited after two weeks when I was able to start chewables. The first one I had I chewed and it went down just fine. I thought everything was ok. Not three minutes later it came right back up. Which was the first time I threw up with the sleeve. It was not pleasant and was not how everyone described as crawling back up. It was a full on puke, dry heaves, sweating and all. So after that I tried children's chewables. I know that they aren't optimal but I take two in the morning and two at night and they go down pretty well. I plan on finishing this bottle and seeing if I can't go to regular pills and maybe just cut them in two if they are too large. I know they are necessary but i hate all the supplements. Why do they all have to be so big. HAHA I have the hardest time getting down those citracal pills as well and I buy the petite ones. Oh well I guess I will just have to get used to them.

Thanks for the Vitamin tip. I had it happen again today. So frustrating! I may go and get the childrens chewables as well. I really wanted a better quality than that but when I am throwing em up anyway I don't know if quality even matters. My throat is raw today and I am super paranoid that having this happen all the time is going to cause problems long term with my esophogus. Anywhoo! Thanks for the tip.