Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is my day. I am so happy it is finally here. Wish me luck

Let me know how this goes for you - my surgery with Dr. Patel is June 28. I'll be starting my pre-op diet in 7 days. Any suggestions or advice?

Good luck Zephra and all others!!

Let me know how this goes for you - my surgery with Dr. Patel is June 28. I'll be starting my pre-op diet in 7 days. Any suggestions or advice?

I wrote a note, and stuck it, eye level on the fridge - "DON'T EAT!!!"

I have to say it helped!!! Maybe get your worst photo and add it to it...and stock up for food for anyone else in the house in advance - the less you have to deal with food when you can't eat it the better IMO!!

Good luck

Kathy

My surgery is also scheduled for June 10 at 7:30 AM. Getting very nervous and wondering if I am doing the right thing... I guess there is always some questioning as to whether surgery is the right thing, am I obese enough to need it, etc.

I guess I will know the answer tomorrow.

PS How do you put the cool bmi/weight loss ruler at the bottom of your post?

weight.png

Edited by tbarnes18
trying to add ticker

I havn't figured out yet how to get the ticker ruler to show up on mine. I thought when I pasted in the link it would convert but I was wrong. Any assistance is appreciated.

As for your worries, I know exactly how you feel. I even had a doctor (not my surgeon) and a nurse tell me I didn't look like I was heavy enough for the surgery, but at 5 feet and 200 lbs, the scales don't lie.

I had gotten nervous before the surgery also so I guess it's pretty normal to have those thoughts, but it was over so fast it was amazing.

It's been a week yesterday for me and I have had I suppose a normal recovery. One thing I did find out was if you feel nauseous but not in pain (which was how I felt), take pain med anyway, it has an affect on nausea plus you feel much better and feel more like moving around. The PA told me that and boy what a difference.

Good luck!

SAS,

I went to tickerfactory.com and was able to cut and paste the ruler. When I transferred the ruler over, it came as just the url, but once I entered my post, it showed the ruler. The other thing is that I used the ruler for forums, not blogs...

Thanks for your reassuring words and I will make sure that I keep myself drugged up! How long did you stay in the hospital?

Tbarnes18

SAS,

I went to tickerfactory.com and was able to cut and paste the ruler. When I transferred the ruler over, it came as just the url, but once I entered my post, it showed the ruler. The other thing is that I used the ruler for forums, not blogs...

Thanks for your reassuring words and I will make sure that I keep myself drugged up! How long did you stay in the hospital?

Tbarnes18

I stayed overnight, which I think is fairly common unless you have a switch or by pass, which I did not.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and it's good your surgery is early, mine was at 12 so I had developed a hummer of a headache by that time from no coffee. Go ahead and expect to feel crummy for about 18 hours, just in case ... heck you just had surgery, but it gets better fast after that. All the folks in the hospital and my doctors office were just the best in the world. Could not have asked for more kind considerate and caring people to take care of me. That means so much!

Thanks for the ruler tip, mine copied over as a ruler, but I'll have to wait to see if it stays in.

Good luck!

:):thumbup1::thumbup1:Hi there, I had my surgery on June 5th, everything went so smoothe. I wasn't even that much pain to be honest, I was more tired then anything. I stayed in the hospital for 2 nights. I was actually bored the 2nd day and the Doctor told me that if you are bored you are doing well..lol..I got up a walked A LOT...both due to boredom and knowing that the more that you walked the better you should feel! Overall the experience was awesome, I would do it again tomorrow in a HEARTBEAT! My wounds are healing very nice and I do have a lil bit of gas pains once in a while, but nothing to serious, so anyone thinking about doing, DO IT!!! It will be sooooo worth it! Can't wait for the pounds to start falling off!! Good luck to you all...I am SO excited to be on the LOSERS bench, FINALLY!!!! If anyone has questions just ask me!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thinking of you Sparkle!! Hope your surgery goes well! : ) Please let us know how you are doing when you can.

Getting kind of nervous because I've suddenly developed a rash over on my right side, just where my boob fold is and it looks angry deep red. I'm putting cortaid on it and trying not to scratch it, but I've already got a weak immune system and I'm starting to worry that something will blow up and my surgery will get bumped. :)

So nervous that something's going to happen now that I'm finally so close! Argh I hope everything clears up before the weekend is over so I'm good to go on Monday. I soooo want to be on the other side!!!!!!

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:Hi there, I had my surgery on June 5th, everything went so smoothe. I wasn't even that much pain to be honest, I was more tired then anything. I stayed in the hospital for 2 nights. I was actually bored the 2nd day and the Doctor told me that if you are bored you are doing well..lol..I got up a walked A LOT...both due to boredom and knowing that the more that you walked the better you should feel! Overall the experience was awesome, I would do it again tomorrow in a HEARTBEAT! My wounds are healing very nice and I do have a lil bit of gas pains once in a while, but nothing to serious, so anyone thinking about doing, DO IT!!! It will be sooooo worth it! Can't wait for the pounds to start falling off!! Good luck to you all...I am SO excited to be on the LOSERS bench, FINALLY!!!! If anyone has questions just ask me!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I had the surgery this am. Everything has gone well. I get 2 nights also. Are you in Dallas? That is where I am with dr Hamm. He has been great and so has the hospital. Pumping morphine whether I need it or not so my pain doesn't get out of control. Thanks for the kind words!

Yayyyy, I'm so glad for you. I was praying for you this morning. Good to have morphine going. You won't need it long. It's all gravy from here on out !!!