Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings!

So here's my sleeve story...

I was officially sleeved on 4/28. My doctor put me on a 5 day full liquid diet before the surgery. After my sleeve surgery, I spent two days in the hospital. Today is the early morning of my 3rd day since my surgery and I must say I feel pretty good. I never had any gas pains in my chest or anything and was walking within a few hours after the anesthesia wore off.

The worse part is the soreness I feel in my stomach. To best describe it I'd say I feel like I did 10,000 crunches on my left-front side non-stop. :scared0:

However, that's nothing a little liquid pain killer can't resolve! :)

Yesterday I physically drank about 24oz. of fluids after being taken off of my IV and released from the hospital so I am not sure if I had enough fluids or not (with the IV fluids from the morning). My nutritionist says I need to get in 64 oz. a day so I am really trying to figure out a strategy here. To stay hydrated I figure I would need to drink 2oz. of Fluid about every 30 minutes but I don't feel there is room in my sleeve to accomplish this... any suggestions would be great!

Before Surgery:307 lbs.

Surgery Day:302 lbs

Current Wht.: ?

Edited by agives130
grammer

Congratulations! I, too, was sleeved on the 28th. There are several of us all sleeved on the same day and a few the day before us as well.

I can totally relate to feeling like you did about a million crunches..I keep saying it feels like someone punched me in the stomach about a million times..lol

I don't know how much liquids I'm getting in..I need to start measuring it.

sugar free Jello and popsicles have been my saving grace though!

I switched over from crystal light and sugar free koolaid to just plain Water because I think that crystal light was giving me heartburn.

I don't really have any suggestions..I just keep my cup of ice and water next to me at all times and sip on it.

Best of luck to you and please keep posting. It's nice having people who are at the same place in the journey as me!

congrats on your sleeve! one thing you may want to do is experiment with the temperatures of your liquid... some have better luck with room temp at first (i did) and warm as well such as chamomile or other non-caff tea. About 5-6 days out I preferred ice cold anything. It does feel daunting getting all the liquid to fit in but give it time and it will! It did take me a little while to be able to get near the recommended amount of liquid. I hope you are doing well otherwise!

I bought a couple 22 oz plastic tumblers. I fill one in the morning and remind myself that it has to be gone by noon, I start a new one at noon, and then have a third one before I go to bed. It feels like I sip constantly to get it all in. If I have to leave the house, the tumblers go with me in the car. Yesterday was really difficult because I had to attend my daughter's college graduation. I took my tumbler in the car, but didn't want to take it into the gym. I should have taken a water bottle instead, because sitting for 3 hours without sipping made it very hard to get all the fluids in later and still eat anything.

I guess everyone reacts differently to liquids, mine seem to run right through the sleeve into the intestines. Especially if I am walking. I took a 30 min walk with the wife yesterday and looked down to reallize I had sipped through 8 ounces of liquid in that 30 mins. Anything thicker than Water will stay in the sleeve for a bit but water runs through quickly. I think I have always been this way even pre-sleeve though. Pre-sleeve if I got a drink at a movie, there is almost no way I am making it through the movie without having to pee.

Do you actually feel full with water? I can feel full on Jello, just not water. Granted I have not felt hunger or thirst outside of dry-mouth yet so taking the water is something I have to remember to do.

Also 4/28 sleever.

Edited by Swiftflow

Thanks everyone & hello fellow 4/28 sleevers out there. Yes I am doing fine otherwise. I do get full on Water alone which is kind of frustrating because before the sleeve I drank at least 80 oz. of water a day. I always had a 32 oz. water bottle with me. Now I feel like my mouth is constantly dry and when I try to drink I can't get more than 1.5 to 2oz. in before my stomach starts feeling wierd. I actually prefer water to any other fluids, I just wish I could drink more. I even started sucking on ice chips since the hospital to help quinch the dry mouth which provides about 10 seconds of relief before I get the dry mouth again. This morning my nurse told me since stomach is swollen it may be the reason why I can't drink as much so guess I will have to just wait it out...unfortunately.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions! I will keep everyone posted.

:tongue_smilie:

It will get much easier next week. Each day gets a little better. Congrats to all of you!

Just checking back in. How are you doing after a couple of days? Hopefully the swelling has gone down allowing for more liquids! Just trying to keep track of my other 4/28 sleevers! Let us know!

hello. I was sleeved on 4/28. Everyday has gotten easier to drink, but not anywhere i'd like to be. I am only getting around 12 ounces a day (so far). I had extreme gas the first day home. For some odd reason I feel the need to spit the built up saliva out of my mouth and that has cut down on the upset stomach. Crazy but it's been working. I do suffer the dry mouth but I tried propel and that has helped. Along with warm Decaf tea. The cold just hurts. I can't wait for ice cold drinks. I am being patient. Good to hear the stories from other sleevers from this week. Good luck to everyone.

Hello Everyone, I am doing much better today with the fluids. I seem to be able to take in more warm liquids. Odd but it works!

Now all I need is for this stomach soreness to go away & I will be good to go =-).