Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need food ideas Please

I need help please. I just do not know what to eat. What can I have and what to stay away from. Can someone please help.

Is there something out there that tells you what to eat and what to stay away from?

I had my sleeve on 1/20/10 and am just real sick of eatting the same old food all the time. HELP PLEASE. :thumbup1:

My favorite lately has been:

1/4 of a Mission carb balance tortillia

1/2 ounce sharp cheddar cheese

1 ounce extra lean ground turkey seasoned w/taco seasoning

1/8c. greek yogurt

salsa

It is really good! Honest to goodness.

You can google several different wls bloggers out there who have been great about posting their favorite recipes and may give you some new ideas. My fave is

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

I am finding that many of my favorite foods can be modified to fit into my new lifestyle. Make a list of your favorite things and maybe we could problem solve ways to make them fit into your life? Good luck!!!!

My advice is to find new recipes that may appeal to you. Just about anything can be made sleeve friendly.

All Protein meatloaf is pretty good. Instead of using bread crumbs, crackers, or oatmeal as a binder for the meatloaf use Pork rinds.< /span>

Spinach, egg, cheese quiches made in a muffin tin are pretty awesome.

This is the recipe I use:

Crustless Spinach Quiche - All Recipes

I also add leftover chicken in it.

Any recipes that call for sour cream, I substitute plain Greek yogurt.

I received a Large George Foreman 360 grill for Christmas, and I use it literally 4-5 times a week.

I just recently made these chicken kabobs on the GF grill.

Chicken on a Stick - All Recipes

I use greek yogurt in place of the sour cream, and olive oil in place of the veggie oil. Reduced fat Soup, and I use 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of thighs. I serve it over long grain rice, or mashed potatoes.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-In-Sour-Cream/Detail.aspx

I made these with our last package of ground venison, and OMG they were fabulous. I can only eat about 1/3, maybe 1/2 of the burger depending on size, and no bun. But, they were yummy on the GF Grill. I omitted the dry onion Soup mix, and added a slice of reduced fat Sargento pepperjack cheese, and some chunky sharp cheddar cheese that I had in the fridge. I also substituted turkey bacon for the bacon. I only used 1lb of venison, you could use ground turkey or super lean ground beef.

Mom's Legendary Stuffed Hamburgers - All Recipes

Super yummy meatballs: substitute pork rinds for the bread crumbs, find low sugar/low carb barbque sauce, I only use 2 egg whites for the egg and 1lb of lean ground beef for this recipe.

Playoff Meatballs - All Recipes

Asian Beef Skewers - All Recipes

If you like fresh, raw veggies as a snack, you could try this recipe. I again use Greek yogurt for the plain yogurt and sour cream.

Easy Greek Yogurt Cucumber Sauce - All Recipes

I make this by halving the ingredients and using only 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves.

Bourbon Chicken - All Recipes

I really had to break out of my norm and try new recipes and new flavors to overcome the monotony of eating. Just get creative, and see what you can find that can be adjusted to your personal tastes, read the reviews of the recipes you find, and try something new.

I also use my crock pot a lot. I freeze leftovers for later, and that helps with future meals.

Edited by Tiffykins