Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My thoughts from Week #1 Post-Op

? The more I walk, the better I feel.

? That tight feeling finally goes away after the first few days.

? I can sip more than 2 small sips now ? ahhhhh!:thumbup:

? Knowing that I WILL be successful with the sleeve gives me a whole new perspective on following the post-op diet.:biggrin2:

? Going through this with my best friend was one of the best decisions I have ever made!:cool0:

? My sleeve works ? I actually felt REALLY FULL today! I am still shocked!:lol0:

? sleeping is getting better each night. I am not waking up as much as I did the first few days.

? I am really learning what head hunger is??walking around and seeing people eat whatever they want is very difficult. I think this will be a big challenge for me in my journey.

? I am very conscious about everything that I am putting into my body?..this is very different from the ?grazing? I did before the sleeve.

? I am slowly realizing that my doctor had very good reasons for everything he required?.pre-op diet, post-op diet, medicines, etc? I am glad I went with a surgeon who was very detailed about each step of the journey.

? I am eating to live now, not living to eat. How many times have we all heard this? I can?t believe this is me now!

? I am obsessed with the scale. I am putting it away today and will only weigh once a week from now on.

? My friends and family that know about me going to Mexico are just plain happy that I am alive. I don?t think they will ever understand just how well we were taken care of.

? Thank you everyone for the posts you make to this forum ? it is a wealth of information that I go to daily for answers and support!

? Pre-op Diet 3 weeks - 20 lbs.

? Week 1 sleeved - 8 lbs.

VV

What a great post! It should be a MUST read for all the pre ops just days away from surgery! The first week is the hardest for sure, but every day after is a blessing!! So glad that you are doing well, and that you had the chance to experience this with your bestie!!!

Good luck to you!!

Congrats! Sounds like you are making the adjustment very well :biggrin2:

? Knowing that I WILL be successful with the sleeve gives me a whole new perspective on following the post-op diet. ITA! It is slow sometimes but still feels good!

? sleeping is getting better each night. I am not waking up as much as I did the first few days. Not sure why you are waking up - but if you are uncomfortable, try propping a few pillows around you. I used one between my knees and one along my side so that my tummy was more supported.

? I am really learning what head hunger is??walking around and seeing people eat whatever they want is very difficult. I think this will be a big challenge for me in my journey. The mental is sooo hard! Definitely my biggest struggle.

? I am very conscious about everything that I am putting into my body?..this is very different from the ?grazing? I did before the sleeve. I eat so slow it feels like I am grazing all day! LOL

? I am slowly realizing that my doctor had very good reasons for everything he required?.pre-op diet, post-op diet, medicines, etc? I am glad I went with a surgeon who was very detailed about each step of the journey. It is so good to have someone you can relate to and trust! My foot surgeon was sittiing on my bed both times when I woke up. He was amazing!

? I am obsessed with the scale. I am putting it away today and will only weigh once a week from now on. I might skip a day but not a week! LOL

? My friends and family that know about me going to Mexico are just plain happy that I am alive. I don?t think they will ever understand just how well we were taken care of. Seriously. My oldest daughter is still mad at me. :thumbup:

Thanks Tiffy, Fab, and Pnw! I also appreciate the suggestions Pnw - funny how things can change in just one day. Yesterday I did move to full liquids and YES I do now feel like I am grazing - LOL!:) It took me until about 10pm last night to get in all the calories/protein I was supposed to have. It honestly cracks me up that it was a challenge - that's a first! I also took your recommendation about the pillows - I did that in the hospital and just hadn't thought about it since I came home - last night was much better so thank you:) Hope y'all have a wonderful week!:cool0:

You are doing great, and I love the wonderful attitude that you have and are approaching this with. I am confident we are going to see great success from you!

VV, you are very welcome! glad it helped!

VV

Just glad to see that you are doing so well and that you are doing your best to get your liquids and Proteins in. A lot of people never get enough of either in the first few weeks, it is so hard when you feel full all the time!

Good luck for continued success!!

VV

Thanks so much for the post. As my sleeve day approaches I am reading everything I can re: what to expect.... not just physically, but emotionally as well. Your insight was very helpful.

I'm glad your doing so well... you'll be running circles around the yard in not time.

Take Care

Stacey

This is great information for everyone. I am still in the research stage, and it is great to see what everyone goes thru, good and bad, so that we have an idea of what to expect when we do it ourselves.