Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone.

I feel so fortunate to have found this support system. I was sleeved on 3/15. I am okay, but very, very nervous because I am not able to get any protien down. Everything I taste is really, really bad. I'm on Clear liquids (chicken broth, sf Jello, sf popsicles and water). I've added protien to Water and unfortunatley it makes me gag and throw it up - at this point, very painful. I'm also not able to get in 64 oz. of liquids a day. I'm fatigued, weak and questioning why I did this. I'm 11 pounds down, but the week has been trying to say the least. I'm feeling depressed and just wish I could follow drs orders. I know protien is important. What's going to happen if I can't get this stuff down? Any insight to this would be most helpful.

Thanks!

sleeved 3/15

start weight 222

today's weight 211:sad0:

My doctor told me not to worry about Protein. It really set me free. I was actually over eating trying to get it in and it was still impossible. He told me to just relax and let the surg work for me and to take my Vitamins. I am so glad I was able to do that. I was sleeved on Dec 29th. I think it was Tiff that also said she did not worry about protein for a while. When I talked to my nutritionist, she told me that I really did not need but about 40 grams of protein a day anyway...not the 70grams that most people on here talk about. Really...don't worry about it....not yet anyway. It will all come!

I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. Just remember you had 2/3 of a major organ removed and have a GIANT suture healing. It is going to take some time. Now remind me of this when I message how crummy I feel next week. Good luck. Feel better soon!

My doctor told me not to worry about Protein. It really set me free. I was actually over eating trying to get it in and it was still impossible. He told me to just relax and let the surg work for me and to take my Vitamins. I am so glad I was able to do that. I was sleeved on Dec 29th. I think it was Tiff that also said she did not worry about Protein for a while. When I talked to my nutritionist, she told me that I really did not need but about 40 grams of protein a day anyway...not the 70grams that most people on here talk about. Really...don't worry about it....not yet anyway. It will all come!

Thank you so much for your insight. I've heard alot about the unjerk chicken Soup on this website. I'm going to order some. Thank you!

Deb - you are really doing well! I see that our numbers are similar. :-)

My Dr. also said don't worry about the Protein the first week. Have you tried unjury chicken Soup? Also their unflavored Protein is ok - I got the individual packets and would add one to sugar-free pudding starting day 7. Biggest loser also make a protein you add to Water - I like the blueberry, you can get it at target.

Thanks for you time. I bought the Biggest Loser protien that you add to Water in rasberry flavor and it was not appealing. Thanks for the Unjury chicken soup idea. I see that many on this website seem to use it and like it. I'm going to order some. Thanks!

I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. Just remember you had 2/3 of a major organ removed and have a GIANT suture healing. It is going to take some time. Now remind me of this when I message how crummy I feel next week. Good luck. Feel better soon!

Thanks for the reminder. My husband reminds me to Celebrate the small things at this time (sleeping well, walking, etc.). From what I can read on this website, most everyone feels better once they get through the first 2 weeks. I'm sure it will be the same for me soon.

My surgery was laproscopic. I have only a few slits or "gunshot" wounds where the instuments were inserted. They also put a camera down my thoat while I was intubated.

Good luck to you!

I can so relate to you. i am on clear liquid stage and cant seem to like anything. everything makes me want to gag.. even Water sometimes. i just keep telling myself it will get better and in a week or so i will feel better and then maybe i can get my Protein in like i am supposed to. i usually have one Protein Shake a day but thats all i can handle. We need to all hang in there and keep looking at the big picture.. good luck :sad0:

Im so glad to hear that others are having issues even with water! Is anyone getting a backed up feeling on Clear Liquids? I get this frothy foam in my throat. Any suggestions?

Thanks smellymelly I'll definately do that! As of this morning I feel soo much better. I can take deeper breaths, my double protien milk is going down smooth, it's going to be a great day!

Hi fabfive! I was also very recently sleeved (March 18th - Whooo Hoooo!). I haven't had problems with liquids because when I first started swallowing I could, literally, only take in a tablespoon at a time so that's what I did...sip, pause one minute, sip, pause one minute, sip, pause one minute, etc. What that meant though was that I didn't think I was getting in enough fluids; however, since I was still managed to go pee at least twice a day, I figured I was doing okay. And then this morning when I woke up I had to go pee SO BAD that I knew my sip, sip, sipping was working!

I started on an all-liquid (vs clear-liquid) diet yesterday and so managed to get a Protein shake down (took me all day but I did it!). That was the first Protein I've had (30g) since four days before my surgery.

So far I love my sleeve!!!

I cannot get over how much better I feel today in comparison to yesterday! I have managed to get down my dbl protien milk mixed with carnation instant brkfst and my liquid multi- Vitamin ..about 1/2 cup...doing pretty good!

fabfive

I think a lot of people have a very hard time getting their Water and Protein in. You just have to try your best to get them in. I hate to say it but your fatigue is because of the lack of fluids and not enough protien. Have you tried Protein shakes? Why are you still on Clear Liquids? That seems like a long time.

You are doing great on the weight loss, just do your best, it will come together!!

Hi everyone.

I feel so fortunate to have found this support system. I was sleeved on 3/15. I am okay, but very, very nervous because I am not able to get any protien down. Everything I taste is really, really bad. I'm on clear liquids (chicken broth, sf Jello, sf popsicles and water). I've added protien to Water and unfortunatley it makes me gag and throw it up - at this point, very painful. I'm also not able to get in 64 oz. of liquids a day. I'm fatigued, weak and questioning why I did this. I'm 11 pounds down, but the week has been trying to say the least. I'm feeling depressed and just wish I could follow drs orders. I know protien is important. What's going to happen if I can't get this stuff down? Any insight to this would be most helpful.

Thanks!

sleeved 3/15

start weight 222

today's weight 211:sad0: