Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am into my 2nd week after surgery. The last 2 days I have not lost anything. I am not sure if I am not eating drinking enough or what. I guess from years of dieting that I feel if I don't eat I will lose better than if I eat!

Here is what I had yesterday:

Protein Shake

broth out of chicken Soup.... out of town and no other options

SF pudding

2 SF popsciles

2 bottles of Water

I am so scared that I won't lose anymore! Can someone please help!:D

It looks like you are definitely not getting enough Protein. What size are the bottles of Water? You do need to eat to lose otherwise your body will cling to every ounce of fat we have! I try to get 70 grams of Protein and 70 oz. of Water. Every day is a new day so if you mess up just do better the next day! I know I can't put ANYTHING in my stomach until I have met my protein count. Then I can treat myself! You can do this!!! And it does get easier....

weight.png

Lynda, honey, stop and take a deep breath! You've had most of your stomach removed, you can only eat a tiny fraction of what you ate before, and it's virtually IMPOSSIBLE that you won't lose any more!

In addition to the suggestions you've already been given, I suggest you look through these boards for posts that are similar to yours, and look at how well the people who made those posts have done! What you're feeling is very common, but I don't think there's every been anybody in the history of VSG who stopped losing after two weeks!

Hugs to you, and wishing you peace!!

I am about to start my third week and I too was worried cause I stopped losing for a couple of days. I read on here someone saying your body is trying to understand what is going on and is holding onto all it can. So I stopped losing then today i weighed myself and I had lost two pounds. I wouldn't worry. I think it is your body adjusting to this crazy lack of food stuff. :smile1:

Linda, definitely bump up the Protein and fluids. My saving grace with Protein shakes was the Syntrax nectar line. Light, fruity, only 8 ounces, no carbs and 30+ grams of Protein. Most of the flavors are pretty darn tasty. Carry a bottle with you everywhere. I carry a "sport bottle" version of a Water bottle - 24 ounces and has a flip or screw top. I should invest in Crystal Light and/or Lipton as the little packets that mix into these bottles (I refill about 3/4 of the way with tap rather than clogging land fills) are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Plain Water just doesn't do it for me. I'm able to get at least four of these in a day easy - about 100 oz! And finally, eat more!!! I know how very counter intuitive this is to us but really, you are definitely NOT going to overeat at this stage and probably not for a very, very long time, if ever! That said, I've also read here that some docs say not to worry too much about calorie intake so early in the game - it will come - as long as the protein and hydration is up to snuff. A huge help to me to a. make sure I'm eating enough (am!) and b. make sure I'm getting enough protein, keeping the carbs low, etc. is www.myfitnesspal.com. I think Tiffany recommended that site and it is a huge help to me, more than I thought it would be. I didn't start using it until I got to mushies, however.

And finally, another common thread seems to be that a stall after two to three weeks post op is also very common. I was there, it lasted for a week and it sucked. There wasn't much I could do but wait. I added a bit more bike riding, however but I don't know if that is what broke the stall or if it was just par for the course. Haven't stalled since but have had some slow downs (pms?)

Good luck, cut yourself some slack, you're going to be just fine!!

Carol

You've gotten good advice. I'd just like to add that I had a "stall" begin 2.5 weeks post-op that lasted around 2 weeks (I think). I had read so much on here and OH, that I wasn't surprised or too disappointed until about day 8 or 9. To top it off I was also having serious trouble with constipation...don't know what bothered me more--the stall or constipation--but things both started moving again around the same time. Good luck!

Thanks for all the good advice! I got 2 Protein Shakes in yesterday and more Water and I dropped another pound! It worked! So the same goal is for today. I could NOT do this without all the support on this board! You make me feel ok when I get worried. Tomorrow is my first post op appt. and I can't wait to see the dr. and the nutrionist! But ya'll really are the best! Thanks so much!:biggrin0:

Lynda, you got great advice. I would also suggest not weighing yourself everyday. It will DRIVE YOU INSANE..lol. Its really easy to get obsessed with the scale. Follow the rules and take all this great advice...You WILL be successful!!