Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am now 7 months out. Here is my story so far!

Hi everyone, I am about a week or so over my 7 month surgery date on July 27th, 2009. Everything is going really good for me. I started out last January at 430 pounds. The day of my surgery I was 387 pounds and today I weigh 257 pounds.

I have two sets of measurements from the surgeons office.

May 20th, 2009:

Weight: 414 pounds

Wrist: 8.5 inches

Waist: 56 inches

Hips: 62 inches

BMI: 53.22

Jan 20th, 2010:

Weight: 268 pounds

Wrist: 7 inches

Waist: 44 inches

Hips: 49 inches

BMI: 34.41

I have been exercising and going for snow shoe walks however it has been infrequent. I have been trying to get better with that and be more consistant but when I do go to the gym it is so much easier than before.

What am I eating now? I can pretty much eat anything I want. I don't eat Pasta or rice yet cause I am not supposed to. I don't eat too much breads yet cause they really fill me up so I try to avoid them. I have been eating quite a bit of healthy choice frozen meals at work. Other things I am eating are chicken, steak, salads, chili, and even some mexican take out food ( get the small size and it is pretty healthy).

I have been doing a really good job staying away from the bad foods. Occasionaly I will have a piece of pizza. I do drink coffee now. I have had a few diet mountain dews which I probably should stay away from. I have also been addicted to these big Cookies at the local gas station. I had three of them at work today so I need to do a better job of not snacking on them.

I believe that it is ok to eat like a normal person which includes having a piece of cake or some potato chips from time to time as long as it is in moderation and not done everyday. I do need to quit the cookies though.

The hardest thing for me is probably still getting enough fluids in. I don't have a problem drinking fluids at all but for some reason don't as much as I should. I still buy the Protein Powder but I don't use it every day like I should. I do eat Protein Bars from Walmart but not everyday.

I still take my flinstone Multi-Vitamin twice daily, a Vitamin D pill, prevacid, B12 sublingual every day when I don't forget lol. I don't take my Calcium every day but should. I do drink a lot of skim milk though which does help a little.

Another issue I have had has been not eating enough during the day. I need to work on getting in enough small meals in because sometimes I feel that I am not getting all of my required calories. At least my blood work is still coming back good.

Well, just wanted to give some updates. I will post some pics soon. If you want to comment on my good and bad please feel free too. :001_smile:

Steve

I am really so impressed with your story. What a wonderful journey. And I believe you will come to terms with the Cookies. Your progress helps me be hopeful. I am only 2 weeks out of surgery and wanting this to work so much. Good for you. You are a hero.

What amazing results ! ! ! I'm so glad you posted here because we have some new members that are just beginning their journeys, and their starting weight is close to you. So, you are a great inspiration to all of us. Keep up the great work, and keep us posted on your continued success ! ! !

WOW - really proud of you and happy for you! I would love to see the pics.

Do you know what size bougie you have and how much you can eat at a meal in ounces?

Just curious a year out how that played out.

Thanks!

Congratulations Steve. You are doing a great job working your sleeve. Your "non-perfect" diet and exercize routines, shows us all we can be successful with our sleeves. All we have to do is try and let the sleeve do the rest.

Thank you for the post, it will be very encouraging to a lot of us.

Love this forum its so rewarding to read everyones amazing stories, congrats to you, thank you for sharing!

CONGRATULATIONS! You've done so well in such a short time. Thank you for sharing your journey so far.

I love when someone posts about their ongoing journey. You seem like you have it all together, and a peek into your life is very valuable for those of us behind you in our journeys. I have to keep Water in front of me all day to remember, and then I still forget when I get involved in something. Keep going and please continue to keep us all posted!

I'm so glad you posted your story so far. It's encouraging to us all. Keep up the good work. You know what you have to do and it looks like your going to progress and reach your goals. Looking forward to seeing your before and afters. Best wishes as you continue your WL journey.