Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many carbs are you eating per day

Fruits are high in carbs, and I avoided them like the plague. Certain veggies are high on the glycemic index, carrots/corn, so I avoided them as well.

I only had Protein rich Snacks during my quick loss phase, and just didn't budge. If my Protein didn't have 4-6 times of protein grams to carb grams I didn't eat/drink it.

Switch to greek yogurt from the non-fat yogurt, you'll get in more protein than carbs.

My trick to lower carbs in the shakes is to use unsweetened soy milk (love trader joe's organic) which is only 3 carbs per 8 oz. That really lowers the carbs since milk is fairly high. Greek Yogurt will be a staple of mine at (Fage) 9 carbs per 20 Protein in a cup.

I try to use low carb Protein powder, but I'm just a week out so we'll see how it goes. I think I'll probably wait on fruit until I've gotten most of my weight off.

Thanks for the tip on Fage. Even though I love the taste of OIKOS, I will have FAGE for the days that I am 'almost over' my alloted carbs.

in other news, I tried the ricotta today with some Blue Agave. It was DELISH!!! until I saw the carb and sugar content of the agave... oh my!!!

How did everyone keep their carbs at 30-35g a day?!? Just from the first half of the day I am already at about 20g!!! And that just might consist of a Protein shake with very low carb whey, 6oz. Skim milk, and maybe only 2 times a week I'll add like 1/4 frozen fruit blueberries or strawberries or pineapples. All the Snacks I consume I try to make them low carb,i.e. No-sugar applesauce 4oz, nonfat yogurt4oz, etc. But by the end of the day when I'm adding it all together it always seems to come to 55-60g!!!! I am stuck because I write everything down I read labels carefully and I thought I made wise choices but it can't b that wise if I'm consuming 60 g of carbs daily. Right?

I don't make Protein drinks with milk. I make them with Water or Half Hood Carb Countdown chocolate milk and half Water. I didn't eat fruit when I was in the losing stage.

I basically ate meat, cheese, eggs, and for Snacks had sf popsicles or sf fudgesicles, or almonds. Almonds are very low carb.

I started eating the Atkins way since the 1970's. I have been counting carbs all of my life. Believe me, it can be done. Once you get the carbs out of your life and out of your diet, it's pretty easy actually.

Now that I am at goal, I eat anything I want. If I gain a couple of lbs, I go back to eating carb free and lose it immediately.

I try to use Water in my Protein Drinks but they just taste gross. It's hard enough trying to chug down Protein but to make them with water is toooo hard for me. But I will try the low carb soy milk and see how that works. And definitely switching to Greek yogurt. Thanks for the suggestions.

THE scale MOVED!!!!!!!!!

You guys were absolutely right. I cut back my carbs to 30 grams a day for the last two days. First day, I thought it was a fluke, and then today it moved some more.

I love you love you love you love you all.... and I am sooooo fortunate to have found my VSG family online :confused1:

THE scale MOVED!!!!!!!!!

You guys were absolutely right. I cut back my carbs to 30 grams a day for the last two days. First day, I thought it was a fluke, and then today it moved some more.

I love you love you love you love you all.... and I am sooooo fortunate to have found my VSG family online :thumbup:

That is FABULOUS! I am sooooo happy for you! :confused1:

Coopersmama, how awesome to read this first thing this morning. YAY YAY YAY!!!

THE scale MOVED!!!!!!!!!

I love you love you love you love you all.... and I am sooooo fortunate to have found my VSG family online :thumbup1:

WOOT WOOT, I'm telling ya it works. I know others aren't as strict, but honestly I can attribute a huge part of my success to my carb limitations early on.

Keep it up, and you'll keep seeing the inches, and numbers on the scale drop.

Carbs are evil!

Yah coppers!!! Way to go...sometimes we just have to do a little tweeking along the way. Glad it's moving again.

So, today I tried Almond Breeze in my Protein Shake instead of milk and it's a non-dairy beverage made from real almonds, all natural, smooth and creamy with a hint of almonds. To me it doesn't have the thin, chalky after taste of rice and soy beverages. I absolutely love it!!! it was awesome :) I only used 6 ounces, but per 8 oz. serving it's only 40 calories, 3 g fat, and 2g carbs:thumbup: YAHHH! there's only 1 g Protein but because i was using it in my Protein Drink, that didnt bother me. If you like almonds, which I do, you will like this because it tastes JUST like almonds! I am so excited to have found a low-carb alternative to milk!!!

Great to know about the Almond Breeze. I've used it in the past but forgot about it. I've been using unsweetened soy milk with 3 carbs and 7 Protein per 8 oz. I'll pick up some Almond Breeze.

I saw an ad for the Almond Breeze in the newspaper. I want to find some of that!

Hood carb countdown is good too. It has very few carbs. I use the chocolate to make my shakes.

So i just concocted a yummy snack with my Fage. The serving size on the Fage 0% is a cup with 9g carbs and 20g Protein and I was like wow, I can't possibly eat a whole cup of this stuff at once. So I mixed 1/2 cup with half a scoop of my Cookies and cream protein Whey and 1 packet of splenda, mmmmmmm yummy. So for only 4 oz. the carbs dropped to 5.6g, 100 calories, .2g fat, and the best part back to 20g of PROTEIN yah!!!