Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does your vitamin regime look like?

I found this list on the 'Bariatric Advantage' web site and can anyone confirm that this is a good regiment of vitanmins? Is anything lacking on this list? Also do men sleevers need Iron?:

Gastric Sleeve Prenatal Kit

Contains:

1 - Bariatric Advantage Multi-Formula chewable (180 Count)

1 - Bariatric Advantage sublingual B-12 - Black Cherry (90 Count)

1 - Bariatric Advantage 18mg Chewable Iron - strawberry (90 Count)

1 - Bariatric Advantage 400mg calcium citrate Lozenges w/ Vitamin D - (270 count)

$ 116.80

Tiffkin, why do you take Omega 3? Is it recommended for all sleevers?

I take for the benefits of Omega3s, plus it has DHA and EPA. We are trying to conceive and I spoke with my surgeon about it, he agrees that since I don't eat a lot of high fat, oil based foods that Omega3s would be a good option for me. Also, I do not like seafood, and my good cholesterol has gone up some since surgery, but Omega3s can help from what I have read. It's also good for your skin, hair, nails.

I do not take Iron, my Iron, and other related levels have been perfect post-op. My multi has 28% of the DV for Iron. I'm assuming that because I eat a very balanced diet 95% of the time that is why my iron has not been affected by having sleeve surgery. There are plenty of food sources that are high in iron that are not meat related, and I eat a lot of those foods.

I barely spend $30(if that) a month on my supplements/vitamins. My multi cost me about 10-12 for a 45 day supply, my B12 runs me $5 for a 60 day supply, my Omegas are 21.99 for a 120 days, my Calcium is $9.49 for about 75-85 days (that is if I take 3-4 of them daily). My calcium level was normal at my last blood draw in January, but I need to get better about taking that one on a more consistent basis.

I found this list on the 'Bariatric Advantage' web site and can anyone confirm that this is a good regiment of vitanmins? Is anything lacking on this list? Also do men sleevers need Iron?:

Gastric Sleeve Prenatal Kit

Contains:

1 - Bariatric Advantage Multi-Formula chewable (180 Count)

1 - Bariatric Advantage sublingual B-12 - Black Cherry (90 Count)

1 - Bariatric Advantage 18mg Chewable Iron - strawberry (90 Count)

1 - Bariatric Advantage 400mg calcium citrate Lozenges w/ Vitamin D - (270 count)

$ 116.80

Definitely check with your nutritionist, and surgeon.

Here is a great excel spreadsheet that compares some of the most popular post-op Vitamins.

I'm not a cheapskate when it comes to Vitamins, but I don't believe in paying for something that you can find a very comparable option for less cost.

VitsComparison.xlsx - Windows Live

You do not have to sign in to view this spreadsheet. It's a LIVE file, and was compiled by Jill on obesityhelp.

Once I'm out of my GNC vitamins, I might check out the TwinLab multi for women, but I'm pretty attached to my multi as it hasn't steered me wrong for almost 9 months.