Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have been sickly!@!

has anyone else experienced being sick so much since surgery!!! i have had a virus about 2 weeks ago- diarhea and vomiting. now i have a head cold/flu that is making me feel so drained. i can't drink hardly anything or eat because my throat is so sore. i am really sabatoging my weight loss. i didn't feel like exercising today due to this cold. i have no energy!! does any one have any ideas. also should i start taking some extra Vitamin C? i don't want to keep getting colds and viruses just because my immune system is weak. please help!!:eek::sad0::frown1:

I've only had one chest cold, and I'm still dealing it.

It's also that "season" for colds/viruses. I've heard a lot of people taking Echinacea, and extra Vit C and zinc to help ward off germies.

well that's true about season. i guess just worried about getting dehydrated. usually don't take in enough liquids on a normal day as it is. hopefully tomorow will be a better day as far as my throat. one of my nurse friends called me today and said "Laura, do you need me to bring some iv fluids down to your house?" of course i said oh no, i think i will be fine!! how do i really know. i absolutely feel horrible... well good night. going to lay down. thanks...

They make a product called Emergen-C which is a powder you put in Water it has 1000 mg Vit C and other anti-oxidents. Just know some people don't like the taste - it does not make your drink taste sweet. But you can add it to water and also add like Crystal Light, etc.

Perhaps go to doctor and get your blood work checked. Get enough sunlight. Stay outdoors as much as possible during the day. I would think losing so much weight so fast would effect immune system. Maybe change your diet for a while just listening to your body for what it needs/is asking for. Extra rest.

That is what I'd do.

well i am going to the doctor on monday cause my head cold is not any better and mucous is green-yellow. i don't feel good at all. was on the go all day long today so i am really tired tonight.