Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

India-sleevers?

I am considering getting sleeved in Delhi India. Can anyone recommend a hospital or doctor in India.

In India they require you to stay 4-5 days after the sleeve surgery in a 100 to 500 bed hospital. The cost for the surgery is around $6K to 9K. Everyone is very professional and they mostly speak english and they are quick to reply. My wife and i like to go to exotic places and meet interesting people so the $1200 airfare is worth it to us. I have done alot of research and i feel more comfortable with the India set-up all around. They will do any kind of surgery you can think of for a fraction of the cost. I will be back in mid March so i will let everyone know the 'real deal'.

I don't have any info on surgeons or hospitals in India, but wish you the best of luck in your research. Make sure whichever surgeon you choose has done at least 300 sleeves. It's been shown with at least this many, complications decrease significantly, and technique has been established for best results for the patient.

Keep us posted.

The travel sounds great! Enjoy your time there and the best of luck with your surgery! Hope all goes well. . . keep us updated when you get back, or if you can get access, let us know how it's going! Have a fantastic trip and good luck again!

Thanks for the info SLEEVE. I hope you are able to make contact with someone who actually had the procedure there. There's nothing better than getting it straight from the horse's mouth.

Tiffykins

I jsut saw your post re "make sure your surgeon has done about 300 sleeves - My surgeon's office just told me she has done about 36 - and I'm scheduled for this surgery in 2 weeks!!!! Where did you get your info?