Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FRUSTRATED!!! Am I the only one this is not going to work for?

I had surgery exactly a month ago on January 15th. Lost 14 pounds in the first 9 days, and then NOTHING since then!!!!! NOTHING!!!!! Zilch! Nada! Naught!!! I mean seriously... what the heck! I have been keeping my calories under 800 a day. Heck I only transitioned to solids on Friday. I force having 75 grams of Protein every day. I drink my Water everyday. I watch my carbs. I even contemplated ditching the last bit of carbs that I have in my greek yogurt. I am CONSTANTLY hungry. I found out yesterday that it might be acid, and took some prevacid this morning. BUT I AM STILL HUNGRY!!!!!! And then today, we get a valentine eat-at-home dinner, and I can eat ONLY one dumpling!!! That's it. NOTHING ELSE- I AM FULL!!!! So you would think seeing that I am eating 1/16 of what I used to eat, the damn scale would move. IT IS NOT!!!! The inches are not going anywhere. My clothes don't fit differently. 21 days- and NO MOVEMENT!!!!!

I have tried researching weight loss resistance etc, and I really don't know what the answers are. If there anyone that this surgery has not worked for? I am frustrated and I just want to cry!

Oh my goodness. I know you are frustrated. I would be too. I be the fact that you have under 50lbs to lose has alot to do with it. Maybe too many carbs? The scale HAS to move! It's simple. Calorie deficeit= weight loss. Hang in there hunny. Hopefully some stallers will post soon. Huggs

We've ALL had stalls...I had mine the 2nd week after surgery...it's lasted for 3 weeks. I just had to weight for my body to decide to let go of the weight. I did try something, that seemed to work for me. I am very active...and I was only eating 600 to 800 calories a day. Getting in the Water and Protein, but nothing was happening. I upped my Caloried to 1200 because I was burning more calories than I was getting. So I adjusted to more calories, and the weight started coming off. It still comes off very slow, only about 3 lbs every two weeks, But it IS coming off. I've lost 40 lbs in 2.5 months. And it show's big time. You will get there...just be patient. I was miserabley impatient too...but just settle down and wait...it WILL come off.

I agree with Judy. It will come off. Your body is just protesting that you've lost 14 lbs in a month. Our bodies like to get used to the new weight before it decides to give anymore up.

Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll lose it. The sleeve does work for everyone who does not eat candy, junk food and suck down milkshakes, etc.

Keep doing what you are doing, but maybe talk to your PCM about getting check for insulin resistance.

Most PPIs take time to start working. It took around 10 days for the Prilosec to start fully working for me. So, don't give up on the Prevacid.

I know a couple of other members were stalling out because they weren't consuming enough calories, and they were working out quite a bit. Change up what you are doing, increase your calories maybe just 100 calories and see if the scale starts moving.

Also, stress is NOT going to help the weight come off. Hide your scale for a few days, and let your mind calm down.

Coopersmama, I am so sorry that the scale is not moving. I think you need to look at your weight at percentage lost. Your BMI is a lot lower than most people on here. Remember people with the lower BMI's lose more slowly. Keep at it.

:lol0: Relax, your BMI and needed weight loss is low, hence the slow movement of the scales. The heavier one is the faster one sheds. I remember a quote from the book "Weighloss Surgery for Dummies"; it said "Sumo wrestlers who have a surgery will lose weight fast...". Then I take solace in the fact that I am NOT a Sumo wrestler and hence the slow loss, including some weeks of no loss but weight gain.

Keep your chin up, the best thing that happened to me after the surgery was coming in to this forum. Such wonderful people around who laugh and cry with you. You WILL be a loser, just hang on there. Your body will eventually start shedding. I strongly recommend reading the book WLS for Dummies, it changed the way I looked at the post-surgery stall issues. We will win. All the best and stay cheerful, the weight loss starts with that !:blushing:

weight.png

I know how you feel! Tomorrow will be six weeks since my sleeve surgery. So far, I have lost only 17 lbs...12 lbs in the first two weeks and 5 lbs in the last four weeks.

I have been eating about 1000 calories a day and 60 grams or more of Protein. My metabolism has been fried from all of my yo-yo dieting, so I know that I have to figure out a way to incorporate exercise into my busy day.

Yes, I have been frustrated by the slow pace, but I have to remind myself that the sleeve has kept me from binge eating since the surgery. It may take me longer than most to lose the weight, but I know that the sleeve will eventually help me reach goal.

SW 233

CW 216

Thank you guys for all your kind and encouraging words. Yesterday was a really bad day emotionally and mentally, and the frustration with this stall (I am not calling it my stall- just not giving it ownership) was blowing me over. I will be staying away from the scale for a few days- heading out to Chicago for a few days, and I hope that helps clear my mind a little.

I really appreciate all your advice, and will take it to heart.

Thank you guys for all your kind and encouraging words. Yesterday was a really bad day emotionally and mentally, and the frustration with this stall (I am not calling it my stall- just not giving it ownership) was blowing me over. I will be staying away from the scale for a few days- heading out to Chicago for a few days, and I hope that helps clear my mind a little.

I really appreciate all your advice, and will take it to heart.

Enjoy your time in Chicago.

Me toooooo I'm not losing weight , WHAT THE HELL?! But I've read the posts, am following dr's orders and know that things will balance out eventually. Just wanted you to know you're not alone!

I just came off a 5 week stall. It was not the easiest time to get through but I kept looking at what I was eating and knew there was no way I couldn't lose on the amount I was eating. I just kept telling myself, "Trust the process", and then on my weigh in day last week 4 more pounds were gone. Staying away from the scale is one of the best strategies to get through it. Also, during my stall I was able to get into some jeans that had not fit just a couple of weeks before. Check how your clothes are fitting. Soemtimes things seem to shift around while we are stalled.

Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed that this stall will end soon!

Chicago-my home town. I miss Chicago!

I feel for both of you, Coopersmamma and YaYaWhat. . . I'm so sorry this is happening to you. . . hopefully it will soon all change. . . Good luck and godspeed to both of you. . .

Cooper, I had my surgery on Jan 21. Yesterday was my month. I started out at 334 and today I only weight 311. According to everyone else I should be loosing fast. I haven't lost anything in 12 days. I'm very frustrated. Today I had a break down and thought this surgery hasn't worked for me and I am always going to be fat. So today I decided I'm cutting out all carbs. I can have meat now. So long carbs and hopefully the weight will start moving!