Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok Girls....now that I've lost a little bit of weight, I'm starting to get the saggies ( sagging belly and bat wings). Does this ever go away? I work out 4 times a week. I do all kinds of cruches, pool exercises, swinning, weight lifting, ab machines, and dance classes. Will this help that saggies?

I'm 48 years old, do I have any hope of this skin shrinking much? Although I'm very happy with my weight loss, and feeling better, and getting in smaller clothes, the skin thing is a bit of a let down (no pun intended) HA!!! Any solutions, other than surgery?

a-waiting enncourageing hope......:001_tongue:

Judy

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but excess skin is just that....excess skin. You can build muscle under it but that won't solve the problem. My mom and sis both had RNY lost 125#'s each. My sis had a TT & breasts done. Plastics are essentially the only way you'll get rid of excess skin.

I have been trying some solutions to 'reduce the effect'- even though I agree with Shontel- sometimes plastics is the way out. Since my surgery, I loofah during my showers (something about it getting rid of dead skin more), and I moisturize with Palmers moisturizer (the label says for pregnancy and weight loss). It will likely not resolve issues with the saggies, but I am hoping I can 'reduce' the saggies. And there is no scientific proof that it will- I am experimenting, but it does not hurt to try.

Also, i am using Olay regenrist moisturizer for my face.

From everything I've read and talked with my surgeon about, I'd have to agree with Shontel. BUT I do think skin can bounce back somewhat.

The other night I glanced in the mirror when bending over and the skin on my tummy is looking awful and hanging everywhere. I had an open abdominal surgery last January and you can really tell. I even called and showed my husband and he agreed it was pretty bad, but a small price to pay...he mentioned some kind of electronic jiggly belt I could wear??? I told him I might just need plastics down the road and he smiled at that and walked away. At the beginning of this process we agreed there would be no plastic surgery, but I'm thinking I want to reopen that discussion.

Good luck, and I think all the exercise you are doing will help you look smokin' hot in clothing (at least that's what I'm telling myself;-) and make you super healthy.

I agree with y'all about the sagging skin and just let me tell you from experience there is NO pain worse than a tummy tuck!! And that's coming from having horrible childbirth pain, gallbladder surgery and a complete hysterectomy! They literally filay you! Then when it's over you get to look at a scar running across one side to the other. It's just my opinion, but if it's just a little not drooping down over your drawers sagginess... Think twice! Plus the scar tissue on the inside sometimes feels like it's ripping...that's something surgeons don't warn you about. Trust me there's worse than sagginess.

Some of the skin will bounce back, but plastics is the best resolution.

I WILL be having a TT and breast augmentation after our baby making. I don't care about the excess skin on my inner thighs. My surgeon said to not even consider plastics until 12-18 months post-op. He swears that the fat will redistribute and the skin will bounce back to some degree.

I'm hoping to get pregnant this year, have a c-section, then have TT and BA done by the time I'm 35.

The more you work out it'll help, but we'll all probably have some excess skin here and there.

I have to agree with bkind mostly. I have had a variety of surgeries and delivered three 9lb babies without pain meds. A Tummy Tuck is brutal. I was off the pain meds during the day within about 3 days, just used them at night. It is trying to use those muscles that burns for awhile, like maybe a month? lol

However, I would not hesitate to do it again. The scar healed just fine and is low enough that I will wear a two piece swim suit when I am smaller. It is so nice to have that roll removed. I think the dr said he removed about 3.5 pounds? I don't remember exactly. I am hoping that I won't have to repeat that surgery after the weight loss, but will if I have to.

The breast lift surgery is easy. I have actually had it twice. The 2nd time I agreed to add small implants beneath the muscle to help the lift last longer. It had been about 8 years inbetween with large fluxuations in weight. The first couple of days is typical as far as being uncomfortable and the first shower is terrible! I couldn't believe what I had done to myself. However, as soon as it started to heal in a few days, I was over the initial shock and showing them to anyone who was interested. LOL

I agree with y'all about the sagging skin and just let me tell you from experience there is NO pain worse than a tummy tuck!! And that's coming from having horrible childbirth pain, gallbladder surgery and a complete hysterectomy! They literally filay you! Then when it's over you get to look at a scar running across one side to the other. It's just my opinion, but if it's just a little not drooping down over your drawers sagginess... Think twice! Plus the scar tissue on the inside sometimes feels like it's ripping...that's something surgeons don't warn you about. Trust me there's worse than sagginess.

I had a Tummy Tuck w/ breast lift and reduction all at the same time in 2007 and it wasn't bad for me at all. Initially the scar was raised and dark but nearly 2 yrs later it's faded considerably and is flat. My pain was minimal (with the exception of a hematoma in one of my boobs that required some add'l attention). I don't think I'll have to have it done again after I reach my goal weight but if I do it would be most worth it.

When I was in TJ at the Recovery house there were a couple of ladies that had the "works" done and they seemed to be tolerating it ok.

I really would like to get my arms done at some point if possible, but if not I guess thats ok too.

I have to agree with bkind mostly. I have had a variety of surgeries and delivered three 9lb babies without pain meds. A Tummy Tuck is brutal. I was off the pain meds during the day within about 3 days, just used them at night. It is trying to use those muscles that burns for awhile, like maybe a month? lol

However, I would not hesitate to do it again. The scar healed just fine and is low enough that I will wear a two piece swim suit when I am smaller. It is so nice to have that roll removed. I think the dr said he removed about 3.5 pounds? I don't remember exactly. I am hoping that I won't have to repeat that surgery after the weight loss, but will if I have to.

The breast lift surgery is easy. I have actually had it twice. The 2nd time I agreed to add small implants beneath the muscle to help the lift last longer. It had been about 8 years inbetween with large fluxuations in weight. The first couple of days is typical as far as being uncomfortable and the first shower is terrible! I couldn't believe what I had done to myself. However, as soon as it started to heal in a few days, I was over the initial shock and showing them to anyone who was interested. LOL

I want to know EVERYTHING about the TT surgery....can you email me and tell me more about it? judystilson@hotmail.com I don't plan on having it until I met goal, or even a year after goal. TO make sure everything is shrunk as much as it can, before having it. But I don want a blow by blow report of what you went through and what to expect, if you don't mind.

I've had 2 C-Section, a hystorectomy, and the Sleeve, the Sleeve was a piece of cake. I'm sure the TT will be brutal, but to have the flab gone..I'd do it.

I had a Tummy Tuck w/ breast lift and reduction all at the same time in 2007 and it wasn't bad for me at all. Initially the scar was raised and dark but nearly 2 yrs later it's faded considerably and is flat. My pain was minimal (with the exception of a hematoma in one of my boobs that required some add'l attention). I don't think I'll have to have it done again after I reach my goal weight but if I do it would be most worth it.

Thank you for a positive reaction, I think each person tolerates pain differently. I have never had a bad surgery. All have been relatively easy for me. The hystorectomy was the worst, and it was not really that bad to me. Just the 6 week waiting period was boring. How much does the TT cost? How much time for recovery? I'd LOVE to have a breast lift, I've always had low beams. Would LOVE to be perky for a change. Tell me MORE gurl....

I wish I could afford it. It's just too much money for something I can cover up with clothes. My skin is not that bad, other than my arms and boobs. I think the fact that I had a lot of muscle built up before I had surgery was a big help. My thighs are good, my tummy is not all that bad. I just have no boobs left, and I would love to get a face lift. I've heard the arms leave a horrible scar.

By the way, my DD was 25 when she had RNY and her skin never came back, so I don't think being young has anything to do with it.

In June of 2007 I paid $10,560 for TT, breast lift w/ reduction and Lipo to 3 areas, here in Tulsa. Of course that's been almost 3 yrs ago and I know for a fact the price has gone up. I was off from work for only 1 wk but I work from home anyway so for the next couple of wks I just took it easy...handled it easier than the C-section I'd had 8 mths before.