Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what are you eating 2 months out?

i have an appt with the nutritionist in a few weeks, but i thought id ask what everyone here was/is eating at 2 months post op. the past few days ive been eating roast beef with cream cheese rolled up, crackers with peperoni and cheese, tuna salad and crackers. i feel like i should not be eating as much as i am and i know crackers are probably not good but they go down fine and ive had no problems so far with anything i have eaten. i plan on going to the store tomorrow and getting some chicken breasts and veg and complex carbs, similar to the diet i was on for my pre-pre op.

Hope I am just glad to read that you're eating again!

I remember eating a lot of chicken salad and egg salad at 2 months out. Dry chicken breast was hard to eat, so I stuck with moist foods.

i have an appt with the nutritionist in a few weeks, but i thought id ask what everyone here was/is eating at 2 months post op. the past few days ive been eating roast beef with cream cheese rolled up, crackers with peperoni and cheese, tuna salad and crackers. i feel like i should not be eating as much as i am and i know crackers are probably not good but they go down fine and ive had no problems so far with anything i have eaten. i plan on going to the store tomorrow and getting some chicken breasts and veg and complex carbs, similar to the diet i was on for my pre-pre op.

I can eat anything, nuts, meat, vegatables ect... but I can only eat a few oz. at first, then wait 15-30 minutes and eat the rest. One example is this, when I go to Taco Bell, I order a Diet Fresco taco and I can eat half of it and then finish it in 15 or so minutes afterward. For supper I can eat two small pieces of pizza and before surgery I could eat half of a pizza easily. I know that I should not be eating certain things, but I am trying to eat healthier by getting in more Protein. I try to avoid real greasy foods and things containing too much sugar, because sometimes I start feeling real uncomfortable and feel like I am going to vomit. Also I don't want to get too many calories from those kinds of foods. I really like chicken and beef and I like to eat cucumbers, tomatoes or green peppers with the meat. I feel better after I eat the healthier foods such at those things. I am glad that I can't eat very much at each meal. I try to stick to 3 meals each day with 2 Snacks if I can. I know that I need to make some changes also, so I can continue to lose weight and to maintain a healtier life weight as time goes on. I always look forward to seeing a weight lose on the scales, so when I notice that the weight is coming off real slow then I try harder to get back on track. I wish you all the best.

I will be eight weeks out on Monday. I am cleared for any food I want, but I still stay away from bread, Pasta, and rice. I limit my carbs to 30-40ish a day, and my calories average between 650-800. I am getting anywhere from 70-100 grams of Protein, and I drink my 64 ounces of Fluid. Dense beef, and even ground beef sometimes is harder for me to enjoy. I eat a lot of chicken, greek yogurt, deli cuts of meat, cheeses, tuna fish, any fish or shellfish, chili, eggs. I have a few reduced fat wheat thins(eight) when I have tuna fish, but I don't add intentional carbs very often. I get plenty from my dairy intake. I still have a Premier Protein Drink from costco every few mornings as it's packed with 30 grams of protein and helps me on days when I'm uncertain what the rest of my meals will look like. I use myfitnesspal.com to track my meals each day.

thanks everyone for the feedback! i have a hard time getting my fluids unless its juice! i can drink juice like its going out of style! i cant seem to get enough! i bought the light apple juice which has half the carbs of regular, but its still alot! i think 29 in 8oz! i just dont get enough fluids in if i try Water or even the crystal light! i am going to try the tracker website that ppl are using and see if that kinda helps me!

I'm 5 weeks out and still am chewing away on semi soft foods which i love by the way. . cottage cheese, string cheese, ricotta cheese, no fat cheese slices, tuna and salmon in the pouchs, extra lean ground beef pureed, extra lean ground turkey, puddings, Jello, Protein Shakes, cream Soups, etc. . . i'm really happy with these foods and they sit really well with me. . .

Hope, thanks for starting the thread. It is very interesting and I look forward to being 8weeks post op. Has anyone noticed a change in their desire for food? I am a few days out and wanting some real food badly. Hope my desire goes away a little with time. Thanks all!

Hope, thanks for starting the thread. It is very interesting and I look forward to being 8weeks post op. Has anyone noticed a change in their desire for food? I am a few days out and wanting some real food badly. Hope my desire goes away a little with time. Thanks all!

i was really sick for almost 4 weeks and ate nothing! and i kinda of feel like my body is trying to make up for lost time! i feel like i eat all the time, but it could just be that it feels that way because i went so long without eating anything! i eat a little then a hour or so later i feel hungry again! it could be in my head, but when i do eat something its very little and i ALWAYS stop when i feel full. the first few days out were the hardest for me! i had "head hunger" so bad that i had to stop watching tv because the commercials would make it so much worse! it gets better, but now i hope for myself that i dont over do it!!

You're doing fine Hope. Don't worry. Your sleeve is not going to let you eat too much. You think you're eating a lot, but try to remember how much you used to eat before you had sleeve surgery. As long as you're not pigging out on candy, and eating Protein, you're not eating too much. Have you tried

K20 protein Water, SF gatoraide or sf poweraide instead of juice? I like Propel too and Snapple too. Snapple has some pretty good sf flavors.

Edited by Oregondaisy