Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved yeterday and feeling bad

Thanks Cajun. That sounds great. How long before you were able to hang up the cpap machine. I am 9 days out and look forward to the day. THX

After I lost about 40 lbs I just tried doing without it. At first it was strange because the bedroom was so unusually quiet without the "white noise" of the machine. But I felt like I had slept well, awoke refreshed, and have never used it again.

What a blessing! Now when I travel I don't have to lug it along. Yippee.!!! Mine must have been an obstructive type of sleep apnea, and once the extra weight was gone, the obstruction was relieved. There are different types of sleep apnea so I DON'T recommend "doing this at home on your own, without medical input". If you stop using it but still really need it, you could suffer harm.

Edited by cajun

I'm feeling better with every day that passes. Still saying no to the cigs too!! I'm too much of a scaredy cat to smoke. Today was better than yesterday and tomorrow will be even better. I guess I just forgot this is major surgery!! I just love yall! Don't know what I would do without all yall.

Hey Tennessee, I was sleeved 5 days ago, and feeling so much better now. Unfortunately I really want a Sonic hamburger,, but I know that would be sleeve suicide.. Just do as your doctor instructs you and the recovery is pretty quick. (pending any complications out of your control). I fee so good and have so much energy. My problem is now is that I can go to sleep for a couple hours then wake up and can't go back to sleep. I can live with that,, for the time being anyway.

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery and many awesome 'sleeve moments' to come.

Oh Loser... I have discovered that I was FAR more addicted to nasty-fasty food than I thought. I have been craving a Sonic Cheese-Stick like you wouldn't believe. I must be sick in the head! I totally understand you hunger pangs for those things we used to love love love so much.

Thanks for bringing that up, because I feel the same way.

Hey Tennessee, I was sleeved 5 days ago, and feeling so much better now. Unfortunately I really want a Sonic hamburger,, but I know that would be sleeve suicide.. Just do as your doctor instructs you and the recovery is pretty quick. (pending any complications out of your control). I fee so good and have so much energy. My problem is now is that I can go to sleep for a couple hours then wake up and can't go back to sleep. I can live with that,, for the time being anyway.

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery and many awesome 'sleeve moments' to come.

Looser: get some melatonin. Capsuels. take them(it) before bed.

I too wound up awake after a few hours sleep. I do not like the OTC sleep aids, for the way they make me feel the next day. Found the melatonin thru this site and am doing much better, (when I remember to take it).ha