Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 10 days post-op and I swear I am hungry. I am getting in enough Protein, I believe. At this point I am up to about 60g per day. I am on full liquids so I have had Protein drinks, cream Soups and pudding/jello. I'm still hungry though. I am holding fast and trying to make the right choices because I want this to work so badly.

Has anyone else been this hunger? How did/do you handle it?

Laura

I am 10 days post-op and I swear I am hungry. I am getting in enough Protein, I believe. At this point I am up to about 60g per day. I am on full liquids so I have had Protein drinks, cream Soups and pudding/jello. I'm still hungry though. I am holding fast and trying to make the right choices because I want this to work so badly.

Has anyone else been this hunger? How did/do you handle it?

Laura

YOU BETCHA! i'm hungry often. . i used to think it was just head hunger and would ignore it, then i started "listening" to my tummy, you know stop listen and see if it really was hunger and sure enough . . . unfortunately for some of us the hormone isn't taken away completely and we're left hungery, . . very dissappointing, but it's not as bad as before. . .what was suggested here by Carolyn24 was every time you feel that hunger thing, have 4oz of a protein. . . i tried it, and it really works. . . I'm 5 weeks out and so what i do now is have my Protein shake for Breakfast, at lunch 4oz of either tuna, or salmon (no mayo or mustard) which feels me up forever, and for dinner something really light, like ricotta cheese, or yogurt, or cottage cheese. . . then for a night time snack Jello or a popsicle. . . It really works. . . but yup the hunger thing is real, just hang in there and since its something you really want, it'll work for you! Good luck. . . oh and one more thing. . . because we are hungry we tend to want to gulp our food. . . DONT DO THAT! It really hurts and gets extremely uncomfortable. . . i mean it happened to me and i would rather be really constipated then have that bad feeling ever again. . .eat slowly and chew no matter what it is. . or you'll be really sorry. . .

Edited by thinoneday

Thanks for the help. I guess still being on liquids isn't helping. I can't wait until I can just eat a little something to keep this at bay. I am going to start sipping on Protein drinks every few hours to see if it helps until I can get to the mushy stage of foods.

Thanks so much.